Would you kindly share your 2 cents on this list of potentials?

Our second daughter, little sister to [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Vivi[/name_f]) is due in 7 weeks. We went back to start on our name brainstorm after getting stuck. I’m trying to keep an open mind and fresh perspective. I’d [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] any thoughts to help me narrow it down.

A couple notes: we need a 2+ syllable name as our last name sounds like Breen and is one syllable.
I am searching for a name that goes well with [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], and her nickname of [name_f]Vivi[/name_f]. I haven’t analyzed these names for reservations but already have some. These are all names my husband either likes or could get behind.

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] (nn?)
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]/[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f]/[name_f]Lia[/name_f]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]/[name_f]Emme[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]/[name_f]Essie[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] (love but couldn’t do [name_f]Cece[/name_f] with [name_f]Vivi[/name_f], my husband said it sounds like we have poodles)
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] (nn? and I only think of [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Harry[/name_m]'s ex- gf so I’m not sure about this)
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] (same challenge as [name_f]Cecily[/name_f])
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Catharina[/name_f]/[name_f]Catarina[/name_f]/[name_f]Caterina[/name_f] - haven’t gotten to spelling but we like the name and [name_f]Cat[/name_f] or [name_u]Cato[/name_u] as nn

All feedback welcome! Thank you berries :slight_smile:

Congrats on [name_f]Vivi[/name_f]'s baby sister-to-be! Of the names on your list, here are my favorites:

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]–I love this underused classic. [name_f]Lettie[/name_f] as a nn?
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f]/[name_f]Lia[/name_f]–This is my ABSOLUTE fave!
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]–[name_f]Celie[/name_f] as a nn? It’s so pretty on its own, I’m not sure I’d even use a nn!
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]–[name_f]Essie[/name_f] as a nn?
[name_f]Catharina[/name_f]/[name_f]Catarina[/name_f]/[name_f]Caterina[/name_f]–if the “h” in the first spelling isn’t to be pronounced, I’d go with one of the other two options.

I don’t know where you live, but in the US, [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] has become very, VERY common. If you’re looking to go less popular, I’d steer clear of that one.

Blessings to your family, and keep us Berries updated!

[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] … ( [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] & [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] ) nn [name_f]Lilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] (nn?) - [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] nn [name_m]Jewels[/name_m]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]/[name_f]Margot[/name_f] - love ! Nn [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Melina[/name_f] - nn [name_f]Lena[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] - love ! Feels like she is [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]'s sister ( nn [name_f]Lena[/name_f]/ [name_f]Lina[/name_f] ?? [name_f]Emme[/name_f]??)
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] - Nn [name_f]Aida[/name_f]/ [name_f]Ida[/name_f], is a sweet nn !!
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]/ [name_f]Audriana[/name_f]/ [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] - nn [name_f]Audrey[/name_f],
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] / [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] nn [name_f]Gia[/name_f]
[name_f]Catharina[/name_f]/[name_f]Catarina[/name_f] - [name_f]Catalina[/name_f] !?! Nn [name_f]Cat[/name_f], [name_f]Lina[/name_f]/[name_f]Lena[/name_f]

[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]/[name_f]Emme[/name_f]- feels manly next to [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]/[name_f]Essie[/name_f] - feels small and meek to [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Caterina[/name_f] ( looks like cafeteria, catering??

I think a good option would be [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]

I’m sorry I can’t give more help, but have you thought about [name_f]Lily[/name_f] as a nn for [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]?

From your list I really like [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]/ [name_f]Margot[/name_f], and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]. Some other ideas:
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]- [name_u]Corey[/name_u], [name_f]Cordy[/name_f], [name_f]Dee[/name_f], [name_f]Delia[/name_f], Deelee, [name_f]Lia[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]- [name_u]Fee[/name_u], Lissy, [name_f]Lissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Marcella[/name_f]- [name_f]Marcy[/name_f], [name_f]Mari[/name_f], [name_f]Cella[/name_f], [name_f]CeCe[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]
[name_f]Celestina[/name_f]- [name_f]Lettie[/name_f], [name_f]Tina[/name_f], [name_f]Ettie[/name_f], [name_f]Etta[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]
[name_f]Jillian[/name_f]- [name_f]Jill[/name_f], [name_f]Jilly[/name_f], [name_f]Lilly[/name_f], [name_f]Lil[/name_f], [name_u]Lee[/name_u], [name_f]Anne[/name_f]
[name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]- [name_u]Gabby[/name_u], [name_f]Bree[/name_f], [name_f]Brielle[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]- [name_f]Gwen[/name_f], [name_f]Wendy[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]- [name_f]Dee[/name_f], [name_f]Della[/name_f], [name_f]Lilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]- [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_f]Bree[/name_f], [name_f]Brina[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]- [name_u]Penny[/name_u], [name_u]Poe[/name_u], [name_u]Nelly[/name_u], [name_f]Nell[/name_f], [name_f]Lola[/name_f]

These are all such great ideas! I hadn’t thought of [name_f]Gia[/name_f] for [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] or [name_f]Lily[/name_f] for [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]. Great points on [name_f]Catarina[/name_f] spelling and sibset pairings. I had the instinct that [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] felt surname-neutral compared to [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], but hadn’t grasped masculine.

Thank you!

I love [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] & [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] as siblings names so I would chose [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

I sincerely love [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] as a sister to [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]. I think a perfect nn for [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is [name_u]Julie[/name_u].

Another option could be [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]. Her nn could be [name_f]Rora[/name_f] or [name_u]Rory[/name_u]

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]- This name has always fallen a little flat to me. I’m just not seeing the draw. [name_u]Jules[/name_u] would be a cute nick name.
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]/[name_f]Margot[/name_f]- A little bit dated but still very wearable. [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is adorable.
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f]/[name_f]Lia[/name_f]- [name_m]Just[/name_m] not into it. It doesn’t feel finished, if that makes sense.
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]/[name_f]Emme[/name_f]- I love love this one. [name_f]Emme[/name_f] is so cute as a nick name.
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]/[name_f]Essie[/name_f]- Also love this one. [name_f]Essie[/name_f] is adorable.
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]- Yeah… I’m with your husband. I don’t like it.
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]- I don’t love this but it’s not the worst. Cress is a cute nick name.
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]- Yeah I don’t like this one. Sorry.
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]- Seems a bit short but it’s really sweet.
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]- I prefer [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]- I like it, very refined sounding.
[name_f]Catharina[/name_f]/[name_f]Catarina[/name_f]/[name_f]Caterina[/name_f] - This just doesn’t fit with [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] in my opinion.

With [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] I love [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Esme[/name_f], [name_f]Cecily[/name_f], [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f].

I vote for [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], with [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] as a runner up. [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is fabulous, but I realize you’re not content with the nickname options. Good luck!

I love the name [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] and it goes perfectly with [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]!! I agree though that [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] and [name_f]Cece[/name_f] would be a bit much, but what about [name_f]Essie[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]? I think it could really work. [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] and [name_f]Essie[/name_f] just sound adorable together!

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]: I love [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]…if you didn’t want [name_u]Juli[/name_u]/e as a nn, perhaps going w/[name_f]Juliette[/name_f] or [name_f]Julietta[/name_f] would yield [name_f]Etta[/name_f] or [name_f]Ettie[/name_f] as nns.
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]/[name_f]Margot[/name_f]: I’m not crazy about any form of [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] & it seems rather staid to me when paired w/[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], but [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] is an adorable nn & goes well w/[name_f]Vivi[/name_f].
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f]/[name_f]Lia[/name_f]: I’m rather biased as I have a niece named [name_f]Lilia[/name_f]…her nn has always been [name_f]Lil[/name_f] rather than [name_f]Lia[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Lia[/name_f]'s quite pretty.
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]/[name_f]Emme[/name_f]: I’m not a fan of names ending in -son for girls. [name_f]Emme[/name_f]'s a cute nn.
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]/[name_f]Essie[/name_f]: NMS.
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]: I love [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] & think another poster’s suggestion of [name_f]Celie[/name_f] as a nn works well. Or going w/[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] & using [name_f]Lia[/name_f] as the nn.
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]: I like this name, but think it would be difficult to find a good nn for this.
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]: NMS.
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]: This feels like it should be a nn for something longer…[name_f]Carolina[/name_f] (pronounced Cah-roe-LEEN-ah), maybe?
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]: I like this one & think [name_f]Emme[/name_f] would be a good nn.
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]: NMS, & becoming popular in certain areas.
[name_f]Catharina[/name_f]/[name_f]Catarina[/name_f]/[name_f]Caterina[/name_f]: I really like [name_f]Catarina[/name_f]. You could use [name_f]Rina[/name_f], [name_f]Cat[/name_f], or [name_u]Kit[/name_u] as nns.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I would go for [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] (nn [name_u]Jet[/name_u]), [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Margot[/name_f]) or [name_f]Catharina[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Cat[/name_f]/[name_u]Cato[/name_u]). These are all on my list, gorgeous choices!

I like:

[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]

All would be fabulous with [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]. The others aren’t really my style.

I love [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], I think its gorgeous. [name_f]Lettie[/name_f] is a lovely nickname :slight_smile:
I think [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] is prettier than [name_f]Lia[/name_f] - and you’ve got [name_f]Lily[/name_f] as a nickname
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u] nickname [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] would be gorgeous!
I like both [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Essie[/name_f].
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] is lovely. I think Cecee and [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] is lovely!
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] is pretty but I’m not sure about nickames.
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] - love it! [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] and [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] is gorgeous!
[name_f]Lena[/name_f] - love!
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] - again, love with nickname [name_f]Emmy[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] - pretty but no nn
[name_f]Catharina[/name_f]/[name_f]Catarina[/name_f]/[name_f]Caterina[/name_f] - I’d rather see [name_f]Katrina[/name_f] nn [name_f]Kitty[/name_f]

My favorites from your list are:
Juliet - Could go longer with [name_f]Juliette[/name_f], maybe call her [name_u]Julie[/name_u]?
Margaret/Margot - I much prefer the [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] spelling, but they’re both beautiful. NN could be [name_f]Maggie[/name_f].
Georgia - I absolutely love this name; and instead of [name_f]Gigi[/name_f], you could always go with [name_u]Georgie[/name_u]?
Emmeline - Not exactly one of my favorites, but I do think it goes nice with [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]. NN [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] or just [name_f]Em[/name_f].
Catharina/Catarina/Caterina - [name_f]Catarina[/name_f] is the best spelling, but I think [name_f]Catalina[/name_f] is prettier; and [name_u]Cato[/name_u] sounds too manly, in my opinion.

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] (nn?)- cute but youll never get away from romeo comments, juli is a good nn
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]/[name_f]Margot[/name_f]- im not really a fan of either of these a bit dated
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f]/[name_f]Lia[/name_f]- i really like these and havnt heard much of them. really pretty, would go well with sissys name
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]/[name_f]Emme[/name_f]- BEAUTIFUL name and nn love it
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]/[name_f]Essie[/name_f]- unique, not sure how i feel about the nn though
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]- this is ice but it sounds too preppy with vivienne
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]- i dont like this one makes me think of cresent
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]- i had a childhood friend with this name and she certainly stood out, wouldnt need a nn!
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]- dont really like lena but for some reason it reminds me of lucilla (luci)
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] love emmaline but personally prefer the spelling emelyn (with lynn instead of line )
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]- beautiful, i have a niece whos aubrey but i like audrey better. perhaps more of a middle name though
[name_f]Catharina[/name_f]/[name_f]Catarina[/name_f]/[name_f]Caterina[/name_f]- pleaaassee dont. too many variations and spellings. my name is katreona (kay tree on uh) and illl neer get away from all the variations.

Congrats! I think most of your choices go well with your daughter’s name!
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]: Romantic and elegant
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]/[name_f]Margot[/name_f]: I think, specially [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] sounds very well with [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]. You can also consider Margrethe
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f]/[name_f]Lia[/name_f]: Very pretty
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]/[name_f]Emme[/name_f]: I think [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] it’s very trendy (that’s different than popular) and it’s a different style from [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] which it is a more classic name. I prefer [name_f]Emme[/name_f].
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]/[name_f]Essie[/name_f]: I prefer [name_f]Esme[/name_f], [name_f]Essie[/name_f] feels more like a nickname
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]: [name_f]Lily[/name_f] would be a good nickname for [name_f]Cecily[/name_f], [name_f]IMO[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]: I think it doesn’t go that well with [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] as other names in this list
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]: I Think this doesn’t need a nickname, honestly
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]: Nice and short
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]:Very pretty
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]: Beautiful
[name_f]Catharina[/name_f]/[name_f]Catarina[/name_f]/[name_f]Caterina[/name_f]: I love most of versions of [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] and [name_f]Catharine[/name_f] may be my favourite from the ones you mentioned