Would you name your children names from your signature?

I was re-doing my sig today and I began to think about something.

I love names like [name_u]Billie[/name_u], [name_u]Blue[/name_u], [name_u]Indigo[/name_u], [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u], [name_f]Mercy[/name_f] and [name_f]Honey[/name_f], but I don’t think I would really ever name my child that. My sig is a bit all over the place, but some of yours are more streamlined/in a certain style.

Did you end up, or are you planning on naming your kids something that wasn’t/isn’t your ‘nameberry style’? If so, why?

Would you actually name your children names from your signature? I’m not expecting or whatever I’m just quite curious.

All of the names in my sig at any given time are names I would heavily consider for my children, except where noted.

My old sig before I was expecting had a “vetoed” or “somewhere over the rainbow” section with combos I loved but couldn’t use, either because I wouldn’t use them, or because they had been unequivocally denied by DH. That was my differentiation between what I would actually use and what I thought was nice.

That’s why the names are on my sig. BEcause that’s definitely the names I would to name my children in the future!

@abigail2503

So you’d honestly name your children [name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Shadow[/name_f], [name_m]Midnight[/name_m] [name_u]Sky[/name_u] and Solar Flare? I’m not hating but they are certainly names to live up to.

I would happily name a child any of the names in my signature. They are my dream names, but perfect names that I love without reservations. But most likely they are not names that my children will end eith because my SO’s style is unfortunately very different then mine. But yes, I’d use the names in my signature for real children if I could.

All the names in my signature are ones I like, so if I did have kids with a partner I’d have to take his preferences into consideration.

The first names are ones that I would consider using or would 100% use. Having family connections in the name are special to me. [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is the only middle I would potentially use (still as a middle) because it honors. So, I guess mine would be more “boring”/“trendy” (if you consider surnames in the middle trendy) than my style here.

Yes, definitely. Some names I wouldn’t use as they’re already in use in my family or they don’t work with my surname, but in a theoretical world where that wasn’t an issue all my signature names would be my top choices for future children.

I only put names in my signature that, imo, could be used for actual kids. The thing I might change would be giving [name_f]Carys[/name_f] Avonlea a more “normal” middle. When it actually comes to naming my kids, I might not be brave enough to use some of the more uncommon names, but I would love to see them on other kids.

As of now the names in my sig are what I would name my children, particularly the middle row. They’ll probably change, since there are still a lot of uncertainties (if I havr an SO etc.) but I’m pleased with and love them.

Also I love [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] and [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] (boys), the latter I actually decided I wouldn’t use because it’s too popular compared to my other choices haha. And [name_u]Blue[/name_u] (as a middle), [name_u]Billie[/name_u], and [name_f]Honey[/name_f].

Yeah, I’d definitely use them, they are my favorites after all!

The ones from the ‘faves’-section definitely, the ‘GP’-section - maybe in the middle spot.

What you call ones “nameberry style”, I have that, names that I love in theory but know I shouldn’t use (like [name_m]Griffin[/name_m]). These aren’t even in my signature. I’d create a list with them if lists worked ;D

I’d probably consider them, but my signature is more for combinations and names I love the sound of and the image they evoke. If there was a real human person I was naming, I’d probably go for something a little more “on trend” (even though none of my current combos are what you would call crazy by nameberry standards).

I would definitely use all of them, even Arolilja [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f] which I get such odd looks on. Some I’m trialling seeing if I still love them looking at them everday, the only ones I wouldn’t use are the double middles but that’s because I need to have single middles not because I consider them unusable. They aren’t set names, but I find all of them “useable”

Sadly no. I think all of them are very usable names ([name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_f]Lily[/name_f]…) but I don’t have english heritage or so, so it would be weird to have a son named [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] García Sánchez (not my last name or my bf’s, just giving an example).

But who knows, maybe I’ll meet an english boy and I end up having my [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m]!

Yes - they are my top five combos for each gender - although I’m about to reevaluate my list, so it may change soon.

However whether I actually use any of them names depends on the person I one day have children with. I guess he - whoever he is - will have to have a say too! :smiley:

110%, if S/O likes them too. Of course, if it was only my input I needed to worry about, I’d use any of them, but since we’re a partnership, I’d never want to use a name he didn’t like.

Some. The names in my sig are my favourite combos of the moment, most are names I would love to use for future children, others are names that I just find beautiful together.

Yes, but I am actually in the phase of my life where I’m naming real life children (or really just one more child). I know there are a few people who really do decide what they want to name their children many years in advance and do go through with it but real life doesn’t often work out that way, especially if you ‘decide’ before you even meet the person you want to have children with. I’ve heard many friends say ‘I will definitely name my first son/daughter x’ when we were younger who have now gone on to have children and, surprise surprise, no they didn’t.

There’s only one name currently in my signature but it is a name I’d use.
Generally my signature is made up of names I’d use if I could. Certain names I wouldn’t use depending on where I’d raise my children (e.g. not going to use English pronunciations in Germany)
What I try to do is not to get too fixed on a certain name but rather explore different options, usually of the same timeless style but from different sub-categories.
So sometimes I have longer names like [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f], [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] and [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] in my signature, other times short classics such as [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and at the moment I’m exploring Spanish (family) names.
When the day comes to name an actual child, I can see myself going with either one of those styles/names.

I would absolutely use the names in my signature given the opportunity. Unfortunately naming a baby with a partner is much more difficult than naming one hypothetically on your own, so basically all of the names in my signature are out as far as DH is concerned.