Would you save a name?

My husband and I are in the middle of naming our first child, and are coming across a few problems.
I love the name [name]Jane[/name], but it’s not our first, or even second choice. So, I’m torn between using it as a middle name, or ‘saving’ it for a future daughter. My husband and I plan on having a large family, but what if we have all boys? Or only one or two daughters?
I’m afraid that if I use it for as a middle name now, I’ll regret it later. But, I’m also afraid that if I ‘save’ it for when (if) we have our third daughter, I may never get to use it.

So what would you do? Would you save a name you love? Or would you use it as a midde name?

I would use the name now, because like you siad you may only have one/two girls or you may just have boys. You could have 2 middle names for example, [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. What are your 2 favourite names?

If it was your absolute first choice as a sister to the daughter you’re naming now, I would consider saving it. Anything short of that, and no, I would leave it as fair game for a middle name now. There are way too many variables to make “saving” the name worthwhile. Not only might you never get to that third or fourth daughter that you would actually even consider naming [name]Jane[/name] in the first place, but so much might happen between now and that time that it’s silly to even assume you would want to use [name]Jane[/name] at that point anyway.

Thanks for the feedback.

For this baby, we’ve narrowed it down to two if we have a girl (we’re not finding out the sex).
If a girl, she will be either [name]Caroline[/name] or [name]Amelia[/name].
Either [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Amelia[/name] _____ _____ (we haven’t decided yet)
We’re tempted to use [name]Jane[/name] as a middle for [name]Amelia[/name], but I keep thinking that I’ll regret it.

Well, if you are willing to really go for it with this child’s name and not worry about saving for the future, I happen to think that either [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] would make fabulous combinations!

Name each child as if it were your last!

Or think of it this way, what would you regret more: using [name]Jane[/name] as a middle name, or not using it at all?

I have a [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Jane[/name], and I often say that I kind of wish I had saved [name]Jane[/name] for a first name. But, if I could go back, I would probably do it the same. I love the combo and flow of [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Jane[/name], and I am satisfied to have one perfectly ([name]IMO[/name]) named daughter.