Would you still use the name?

So I’ve been in love with this name for a few years. I don’t want to say the name, because its the town my in-laws just moved to and its the only town with this name in the US, haha. But that’s the issue. I love the name, and now its the name of the town they live in… Hubby is very iffy about this, he likes the name too-but its a tough situation. What are your thoughts? Would you still use it? Thanks

I think I would need to know the name but I dont see why not! I often contemplate using my home town, [name]Lincoln[/name], (i don’t live there anymore) for a son.

Is your name [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Jane[/name]? Oh I adore it! :slight_smile:

Good [name]Luck[/name]

oh and my parents and 2 siblings still live in my home town…

I would definitely go for it. If you love the name, there’s no reason not to use it. :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure I would still use it.

I don’t think I would use it. If it was a town that had special significance to you and your significant other, then I would, but that doesn’t sound like it’s the case here at all. I think it could be a little confusing, too, like, “We’re heading out to [name of town].” and the kids says, “What? Me?” I know others will diagree with that, but that’s what I think.

[name]Hi[/name]! If I loved the name, I think I’d still use it, especially if I didn’t live there. (And I second Zard about loving your name!) :slight_smile:

Take care!

It would really depend on the name, I think. If I really loved it I’m pretty sure I would still use it. [name]Do[/name] you think your in-laws will be living there forever? Is there town close to where you live? I’m so curious what the name is…

I would use it. No one will care!

You could just say to your son, “Isn’t it fun that Grandma and Grandpa live in a town that has the same name as yours? That town must think you’re awfully special!” And then when you guys go visit, you could talk about it some more.
I grew up in Glendale, and I knew a family there whose youngest son was named [name]Glen[/name]. They never said much about it. My sister dated a guy when she was at Glendale High. His name was [name]Dale[/name]. He didn’t seem to have a problem with that.
Once, my family went on a [name]California[/name] vacation. We went to Lassen Volcanic National [name]Park[/name], but we got rained out. We had to sleep in the car. Then we drove to this town called Susanville. We laughed so much because it sounded like my name. We got a motel room and took showers and then warmed up. Susanville was a relief!

Oh I must echo [name]Susan[/name]! There is a town called [name]Lindsey[/name] (it’s where they make the olives) in northern [name]California[/name] and my family would always go through it on road trips. I always loved seeing the signs for it, and took my picture in front of the “[name]Welcome[/name] to [name]Lindsey[/name]” sign. I always got a big kick out of it. My brother was jealous because we only ever passed a street called [name]Jeffrey[/name], no cities.

That’s hysterical about your brother being jealous!

My home town is [name]London[/name] and in the US (not so much here) [name]London[/name] is a very common name. As I do not know what the name is it is hard for me to judge but peole name their children [name]Dakota[/name] sorry as I am not from the US I get mixed up with towns and states.

I would probably avoid it unless I really, really loved it and didn’t think it was likely that DH and I would agree on anything else. If it is just a name you like but think it’s likely there are other names you like equally or more, then I would skip it.

Another consideration: Hopefully it is a name that will be relatively easy for others to pronounce and spell.