Would you take them seriously? BOYS Edition!

For a description of what to do, see “Would you take them seriously? GIRLS Edition!”

Here are the names:
[name_m]Fox[/name_m]
[name_u]Jet[/name_u]
[name_u]Future[/name_u]
[name_m]Anchor[/name_m]
[name_u]Legend[/name_u]
[name_m]Archer[/name_m]
[name_u]Bo[/name_u]
[name_u]Experience[/name_u]

If I met them and they seemed like sensible, decent people? Of course I would take them seriously, although with most of them I would be unable to avoid laughing on the inside.

If I just saw the name written down, i.e. the name was my first impression? [name_m]Archer[/name_m] I would taken seriously. The others, honestly, no (I know, I know, it’s wrong to judge, but it’s human nature - I would try to keep an open mind but we’re talking knee-jerk reactions). [name_u]Future[/name_u], [name_u]Experience[/name_u], [name_u]Legend[/name_u] and [name_m]Anchor[/name_m] are particularly coffee-spluttering.

I do or do not take people seriously not by their names. And that goes for seeing people in-person or seeing names written. It is the individual and how they act in what decides if I will take them seriously or not. I have known plenty of individuals with “normal” names that I would not take seriously and people with “different” names that I would trust with my life.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] by reading the names and not meeting the people…

[name_m]Fox[/name_m] - Yes (guilty pleasure name)
[name_u]Jet[/name_u] - Yes
[name_u]Future[/name_u] - No
[name_m]Anchor[/name_m] - No
[name_u]Legend[/name_u] - No
[name_m]Archer[/name_m] - Yes
[name_u]Bo[/name_u] - Yes
[name_u]Experience[/name_u] - No

I’d be rolling my eyes at the parents, but I would try my best not to judge the guy himself. I’d have a hard time with [name_u]Future[/name_u], [name_u]Legend[/name_u], and [name_u]Experience[/name_u]. Like I don’t know that I could address someone by those names without smirking.

[name_u]Bo[/name_u] and [name_m]Archer[/name_m] are easy yeses. I prefer [name_m]Jett[/name_m] w/the double ‘T’ when used as a name (from the [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Dean[/name_u] character in his last movie). The rest would make me snicker behind his back.

Basically this for me, haha

No to [name_u]Future[/name_u], [name_u]Legend[/name_u], and [name_u]Experience[/name_u]. I think I could tolerate [name_m]Anchor[/name_m] if I actually knew someone with that name. The rest I like.

[name_u]Bo[/name_u] and [name_m]Archer[/name_m] are fine. The rest…not so much.

[name_m]Fox[/name_m]-- Needs to stay within the borders of middle name territory.
[name_u]Jet[/name_u]-- Yes, but with two Ts
[name_u]Future[/name_u]-- eeek. No.
[name_m]Anchor[/name_m]-- I feel like this could actually work. But I’m only barely on board with this one.
[name_u]Legend[/name_u]-- Ewwwwhh. Honestly, that’s all I could say.
[name_m]Archer[/name_m]-- Easy yes.
[name_u]Bo[/name_u]-- Easy yes, but I like the [name_m]Beau[/name_m] spelling.
[name_u]Experience[/name_u]-- The worst on on this list. I don’t mean to be a name snob but… yuck.

[name_m]Fox[/name_m]- In the military, your last name becomes your first name. At training I met a guy named [name_m]Fox[/name_m] and he was just so likable that the name is extremely positive for me. He had the highest pt score in the company, but he didn’t have the tough guy, macho man personality to go with it. He, to this day, is one of the sweetest guys that I have ever met, so I see [name_m]Fox[/name_m] as a cute, adventurous little boy.
[name_u]Jet[/name_u]- I would not be thrown by a name like this. I don’t particularly like it, but it doesn’t strike me as too peculiar.
[name_u]Future[/name_u]- Hmm, this one I would definitely have to double check with someone if they introduced themselves as such. This name I would take least seriously of the bunch. It hardly sounds like a name.
[name_m]Anchor[/name_m]- another name that I really don’t like, but I could understand why someone would. To be someone’s anchor is a good thing, but that sort of relies on him being a source of strength for another person, and not himself.
[name_u]Legend[/name_u]- Okay, I can’t put this eloquently. I hate this name and all the ones like it: [name_f]Princess[/name_f], [name_u]Messiah[/name_u], Awesome, or whatever.
[name_m]Archer[/name_m]- [name_m]Archer[/name_m] is cute, I like it a lot. I see a sportsy type of boy when I hear it, but I can also see another side to [name_m]Archer[/name_m], a bookish type who is buried in his studies.
[name_u]Bo[/name_u]- This name is fine, but I would much prefer [name_m]Beau[/name_m]. That is a much nicer name in every way, in my personal opinion.
[name_u]Experience[/name_u]- Okay, maybe I have changed my mind, and this name I would take least seriously. It is ripe for teasing, ("[name_m]How[/name_m] did you not do well? I thought you had [name_u]Experience[/name_u], hardyharharhar!")

[name_u]Bo[/name_u] and [name_m]Archer[/name_m] are fine. The others are pretty ridiculous, I wouldn’t take a doctor or an account with those names seriously at all. Actually I’d have a hard time taking anyone with those names seriously. I know a little boy named [name_u]Jet[/name_u] and I think it’s the same as naming your kid “plane” or “boat”… Definitely not a fan.

On a career professional I think [name_u]Bo[/name_u] and [name_m]Archer[/name_m] would fit, but the others might feel a little out of place in a professional-type setting. [Still finding it rather amusing, my thought as to whether [name_m]Fox[/name_m] is a brilliant or terrible name for a lawyer: as cunning as a…]

[name_u]Legend[/name_u], [name_u]Future[/name_u] and [name_u]Experience[/name_u] would probably even have quirky-loving me initially raise a brow…on a professional or otherwise.

I try to be open minded and not judge people by their parents etc, but I would really struggle, like most of the population, not to bin a resume of someone raised in a home where there wasn’t enough forethought to avoid names such as [name_u]Future[/name_u], [name_u]Legend[/name_u] or [name_u]Experience[/name_u]. You’re never going to please everyone, nor should you have to, but to give someone a name that irritates nearly all and not think about the consequences of that…

I think the others would not ruffle the majority of people.

I wouldn’t worry about these names professionally because any man with one of these (other than [name_u]Bo[/name_u] and [name_m]Archer[/name_m]) would probably use their initial (s) and middle name. I would worry about the awful teasing boys with most of these names would be subject to and how much it would effect them before they ever needed to worry about being taken seriously.

[name_m]Fox[/name_m] is currently my #1 boy name so I’d be thrill
I’d be intrigued by [name_m]Anchor[/name_m]
[name_m]Archer[/name_m]… meh!
[name_u]Bo[/name_u]… meh! I’d be intrigued by [name_m]Beau[/name_m]
[name_u]Future[/name_u], [name_u]Legend[/name_u] & [name_u]Experience[/name_u] sound like they had narcissistic parents and were raised believing that the world revolves around them. I would not take these 3 seriously

[name_m]Fox[/name_m]–maybe.
[name_u]Jet[/name_u]–possibly
[name_u]Future[/name_u]–No.
[name_m]Anchor[/name_m]–no
[name_u]Legend[/name_u]–no.
[name_m]Archer[/name_m]–Yes. The most “normal” sounding out of these.
[name_u]Bo[/name_u]-- Maybe
[name_u]Experience[/name_u]-- Absolutely not…

[name_m]Archer[/name_m] is fine, the rest - nope.

[name_u]Experience[/name_u]?!?

Although I don’t take my husband seriously every time he suggests it, I’m glad “[name_m]Archer[/name_m]” seems to be getting the go ahead!
[name_u]Bo[/name_u] & [name_u]Jet[/name_u] are okay. the rest…I’d have to ask what the story is behind it because there BETTER be a good story!!

[name_m]Fox[/name_m] - no
[name_u]Jet[/name_u] - yes, on my list but I like it spelt [name_m]Jett[/name_m].
[name_u]Future[/name_u] - no
[name_m]Anchor[/name_m] - no
[name_u]Legend[/name_u] - no
[name_m]Archer[/name_m] - yes
[name_u]Bo[/name_u] -yes, like it spelt [name_m]Beau[/name_m] though.
[name_u]Experience[/name_u] - no