Would you use a name everybody hated?

You guys are the best! Thanks so much for your affirmation!!

We’re in the same situation. We chose [name]Roslyn[/name] (or [name]Rozlyn[/name]) and NO ONE likes it. [name]Just[/name] like you, the only people who have said anything nice are on here. But we like it, and that’s the only thing that counts. Everyone else is going to have to get used to it.

I must say, I am puzzled by the reactions you’ve had! I could understand if you were going for names that were a bit more “out there” but both [name]Louisa[/name] and [name]Roslyn[/name] have more “mainstream” cousins in [name]Louise[/name] and [name]Rose[/name]. While they’re both still quite unique and fresh they’re both (imo) also classic-sounding and incredibly pretty.
Anyway, I hope you stick to the names you love and I think your friends and families will come round!

i think it’s really beautiful.

What a beautiful name! Go with your gut - people will come around!

honestly i dont like the name. but really, it doesnt matter in the end.
if you and your husband love it, that makes it beautiful.
I think you should name her that name because you both love it. i know if you look at any other name you might like it but it wont be “the one” I think youve found “the one” even if a lot of people dont like it.
Im sure your family and friends will fall in love with little louise the second they see her. the name wont matter.

I really like [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Frances[/name]! I think it’s a very pretty name:) [name]Don[/name]'t worry about what other people say, if you like it that’s all that matters.

Good [name]Luck[/name] and stick to your guns!

I would! I don’t care that much what other people think and [name]Louisa[/name] and [name]Frances[/name] are classics. They’re really nice and there’s nothing wrong with them.

[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Frances[/name] is lovely. And how about [name]Lulu[/name] for a nickname? Who could object to that?

I know how you feel. Before I knew we were having a boy, I made the mistake of telling my parents that my top girl’s name was [name]Una[/name]. They had hysterics over it! I was discouraged at first, but now that we’re hoping to have another one, I’ve decided I don’t care what they think. I don’t like the names they suggest, so why would I expect them to like the ones I love?

I think [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Frances[/name] is a beautiful, elegant choice. [name]Louisa[/name] reminds me of notable women figures in history like [name]Louisa[/name] [name]May[/name] [name]Alcott[/name]. [name]Frances[/name] is a very nice, old saint name. I really like the names you picked out and think that you should go with what you love even if everyone else dislikes it. They’ll come around and fully appreciate how beautiful it is when they meet your daughter.