Would you use this name?

It’s taking us forever to come up with a name for a girl… We have our boys name pretty set but girls names are pretty difficult. [name_m]Just[/name_m] talking about names we played around with the idea of honoring different family members and I mentioned my mother in laws maiden name, [name_u]Bailey[/name_u]. I think it’s a cute name for a little girl and my husband liked the idea of it too. I don’t [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the name and theres definitely names i prefer, not to mention I’m not sure it goes very well with [name_f]Emilia[/name_f], our 2 year old daughters name. I think the idea is sweet and I can picture a little girl with this name in our family but should I sacrifice all the names I like more? Figuring out a perfect girls name has been difficult enough so I’m thinking we use it and call it a day if it’s a girl…What would you do?

[name_u]Bailey[/name_u] is a very cute name!! However, since you aren’t in love with it, what if you used a name you love and then used [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] as a MN? Seems like it might offer a happy compromise.

If you can’t find anything you love, I think [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] is a good compromise. [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] are very different in style - I would expect [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] to be a boy - but I also think that the family meaning makes up for the stylistic gap.

[name_u]Bailey[/name_u] is sweet, and more substantial if it has family significance. I think of it as kind of a pet name, since I’ve known several dogs named [name_u]Bailey[/name_u], but I’ve also known a little girl with that name and it fit her well. It’s certainly a good one to hold onto, especially if you don’t need to decide immediately.

It’s fine, though for me it is only a male name.

[name_u]Bailey[/name_u] is very sweet, but I agree with you that it doesn’t flow too well in a Sibset with [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]. I also don’t see [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] and [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] being similar at any rate. I think you should go with any of the name you like better, especially since there are more names that you do. I’m sure you and DH can figure out a name you like that he likes as well as [name_u]Bailey[/name_u]. Perhaps use [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] as a middle.

I knew a [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] growing up, so I can only picture it on a girl unlike the other posters. I think if you really like it you should use it even though it’s a mix match with [name_f]Emilia[/name_f], or it could be a cute middle!