Wow...."Abcde"

My sister met a child named “Abcde” pronounced [name]AB[/name]-suh-dee. I’m at a loss.

:roll:

I’ve heard of it before. Unfortunately… :frowning: Maybe her parents thought it would give her a jump start on learning her letters…?

Really? This is happening now?

Some people are crazy. Here in [name]Sweden[/name] where I live someone tried to name their child Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116 (pronounced [name]Albin[/name]). It was rejected by the government (not sure how I feel about having to get permission for my kids names, but happy for this kid who didn’t have to go through life with such a name.)

http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/12/a-baby-boy-named-q/

You’ve got to be kidding me. Really? Abcde? Poor kid…

:shock: Ditto Poor Kid

I too have met a little Abcde. I don’t mind how you pronounce it, but you just know they’re going to get ‘how do you spell that?’ and then people will either think they’re joking or just laugh and never be able to take them seriously. Sigh. I guess at least growing up (before going to change your name, haha) you could at least try to go by [name]Abby[/name]

Abcde is bad, but that’s worse! I mean, what the hell, that’s just cruel. I’m so glad [name]Sweden[/name] has laws that prevent that kind of thing. Poor kid. The parents probably thought it was hilarious :evil:

Yeah, I’ve heard that a few times before (not on actual kids… but I’ve heard a few people mention it). Poor kid though :expressionless:

Wow. [name]Imagine[/name] that. I did have to have a giggle to myself though - I had no idea you could even include numbers in names!