Wow, so thankful for Nameberry & the Momberries forum

Well I can’t express enough how thankful I am to belong to this online community. The other night I was looking on the [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Center community, never have joined, but was browsing and let me just say oh my gosh. Those women can be so hateful to each other, I mean actually cursing at each other. I have seen people get a little negative on Nameberry, but not to the point of cursing at each other. Usually though, everyone on Nameberry attempts to discuss their opinions in a respectful manner.

So thank you berries for being so awesome.

I just took a glance at it (I was curious!) and there just seems to be so many people over there. Nameberry gives me more of a community feel, like once you start coming here you feel like you know everyone more. And I feel there is a quality vs. quantity debate. Here, you ladies always give quality advice and try to help, rather than belittle or comment for the sake of commenting. So keep up the awesomeness!

I really like it here too. I like that when someone asks about, I don’t know, help with baby’s sleep issues, no one’s like “[name_m]Just[/name_m] appreciate that your baby only wants to nap in your arms!!! One day they’ll be too big!!!” or “Be thankful they only get up three times a night. MY baby is up ten times!!” I don’t find that type of response helpful, and I never see it here.

I’ve seen that. I joined one of those forums with my last pregnancy and after awhile stopped even going to that website. It was sad and weird how aggressive some of the women got. I used to think online bullying was kind of a non-issue, but it’s not just hype. I saw a lot of mean-spirited stuff, directed at people who seemed to have made fairly innocent remarks.

I am part of one of the birth boards for my sons birth month. I’ve posted if I need quick advice. But nameberry is SO much better. I try not to check babycenter much anymore. I’ve been chewed out and seen so many who have been as well over trivial matters. So much drama and not a whole lot of support!!

@babylove14 - totally agree that our community here at Nameberry is much more supportive.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Jtucker, has been a while! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] you and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] are well :slight_smile:
I totally agree with you. I think the Nameberry forum is by far the best! So much support.

I agree! Any topic I have brought up, especially on the Momberries board, has always been met with respect and polite responses. It is a very helpful place for a first time mom like me, and a great community to be a part of!

I saw the same thing on a different site. The women were so mean and not supportive. It’s nice to have a place to go that you feel comfortable.