Wren-- too close to Finn?

Hello,
I have been crushing on the name [name_u]Wren[/name_u] for some time now.
I have a son named [name_u]Finnegan[/name_u], but he goes by Finny, sometimes [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. We also have a [name_u]Piper[/name_u].

[name_f]My[/name_f] questions are, is [name_u]Wren[/name_u] too close to [name_u]Finn[/name_u] in how they sound? And do you think having a [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and a [name_u]Piper[/name_u] is too obviously “birdy?”

It would likely be [name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], for my sister, or [name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_f]Kristina[/name_f], to honor my mother.

3 Likes

I don’t think they’re close and what has piper got to do with birds?

[name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is gorgeous

1 Like

A piper is a type of a bird

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] first association is the instrument/profession and the pied piper of [name_m]Hamlin[/name_m].

I only know the birds as Sandpipers so I wouldn’t make the connection with piper on its own

1 Like

I feel like [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is an absolutely perfect fit for [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and [name_u]Piper[/name_u]. I don’t think it’s too similar to [name_u]Finn[/name_u] at all.

1 Like

[name_u]Wren[/name_u] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] sound fine to me, especially since it’s Finnegan/Finny not just [name_u]Finn[/name_u] :slight_smile: [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and [name_u]Piper[/name_u] aren’t too matchy

I would get confused with [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u]!

I think they’re different enough not to cause problems, and [name_u]Wren[/name_u] feels like a perfect addition to your family in terms of style! Sweet, cool and a little quirky. Not too matchy with [name_u]Piper[/name_u] either.

Not too matchy at all x
[name_u]Piper[/name_u] and wren are fine also x

I think [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is a perfect fit! It has the same vibe as the other names without being too matchy with either of them.

For middle names, I think both [name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_f]Kristina[/name_f] are lovely. Though I do prefer [name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_f]Kristina[/name_f], as [name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] makes me think of [name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] from Tiktok (that might just be me though).

I don’t think [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and nn [name_u]Finn[/name_u] are too similar. I love the birdy connection between [name_u]Piper[/name_u] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u]! [name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is so so so gorgeous.

I think it’s fine :blush:

[name_u]Wren[/name_u] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] are definitely similar but I don’t think that they are too similar to cause many problems. I also don’t think [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and [name_u]Piper[/name_u] is a problem. [name_u]Finnegan[/name_u], [name_u]Piper[/name_u] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u] sound lovely togehter

I don’t think it’s too close, nor do I think a [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and a [name_u]Piper[/name_u] in one set are too avian.