Writer's Corner Family

Hey guys! I’ve used Nameberry for character names for almost a full year, and I’ve seen a lot of the same people in the Writer’s Corner responding to posts. You probably have, too. I love that there’s so many people who are dedicated to being part of the community. One thing that caught my attention recently is that we don’t really know anything about the people we’re responding to or getting responses from. Because of that, I created this so there’s a place for us to get to know one another better. This is a place to find new people to add as friends and find out more about the people behind the name help. Start by telling people about yourself and see where it goes. Enjoy! :slight_smile:

My pen name is [name_f]Marie[/name_f] O’[name_f]Marilyn[/name_f], and I’m a young aspiring writer! The sad thing is that I live in a super small town, and there isn’t a professional writer to help me with my writing troubles. So yeah, I basically live off of websites like Go Teen Writers! {here’s the link: http://goteenwriters.blogspot.com/} and Nameberry. I suffer from a rare neurological condition, so I sometimes turn to writing as a comforting activity. My dream is to leave my mark on the world to make it a better place :D.

• [name_f]Marie[/name_f]

Idk if I’m considered a regular poster, since I usually only pop down here if there’s a question I really think I can help with.

My name is [name_u]Abby[/name_u] but I think I will use [name_f]Esmae[/name_f] as my pen name since [name_u]Abby[/name_u] is so common, and I have a pretty forgetful surname too. I’ve wanted to be an author since I was in second grade because my teacher that year had written a book just the year prior, so she gave us an inside look into the writing process. It was really cool because she showed us the book (it was a children’s picture book) through the different stages of publication, and we also did a lot of work with writing. I’ve participated in nanowrimo for the last 3 years, and I’ve completed the last 2. As my signature says, I’m currently a senior in high school and I’m thinking about minoring in creative writing in college. Right now, the only major audiences for my writing are 3 of my close friends, and members of my school’s creative writing club. I’ve posted my stories on wattpad a couple times but ultimately took them down because they weren’t very good.

Looking forward to meeting more of you!

Maybe I’m not a regular poster either, but anyway…
I’m [name_f]Wanda[/name_f] (I guess you could call that my pen name, though I hardly ever publish anything because I hardly ever finish anything), I’m 21, and I mostly come to the Writer’s Corner because I feel like I can actually be of help here - the questions on the other forums usually have 20+ replies already, and with much more insight to the (mostly american) naming trends going on. And because I like reading others story ideas a lot :slight_smile:

I have two half-written stories currently that I mentioned in that other thread:
Tuesdays is a high school trash novel about telepaphy (and ignorance, I guess) and No love, but XOXO is a dystopian story set in 2060s Germany. I have some ideas for a third story, a [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] fanfic about four halfblood siblings and how they deal with their heritage differently, but I want to finish at least one of the other ones before I start it.

@[name_u]Abby[/name_u] What your teacher did sounds so cool! I wish I could have seen something like it.

I’m not a regular poster either but if I think I can help with something I’ll respond, although I don’t always check in on the writer’s forum on a regular basis. I’ve been writing since what feels like my entire life although I was probably around 11 or 12. When I started using nameberry for names, I was on it for a year before I realized there was even a writer’s forum :slight_smile:

I like to write across various genres, such as mixing up fantasy and sci-fi, and my main loves are fantasy, sci-fi, dystopian settings, and a lot of paranormal stuff thrown in, but in spite of all the ideas and stories I have, I’ve never actually finished anything. I guess it’s because I get distracted so easily, and discouraged even more, and since I never had anyone else to talk to about writing in my personal life, I’ve either pushed it to the side or moved on to something else.

My name’s [name_u]Grey[/name_u]. I kind of like to think that I’m a regular poster, but I only ever post if I have ideas. Let’s see, I’m fifteen. i started writing maybe a year and a half ago, so I consider myself still newish to the whole writing scene. I can’t remember when I joined nameberry, just that it was a while ago.

I’ve written and published a couple short stories on this website called Booksie although I haven’t published anything in a while. My favorite genres are fantasy and sci-fi, so most of my story ideas are around those genres. I also love to edit and want to practice it, and if anyone ever wants a fresh set of eyes to look over their story, I’d be happy to help.

So, that’s me. Nice to meet you all!

Hey,
You can call me Sagebrush or [name_u]Sage[/name_u] I guess, I don’t have a better pen name or alias.
I’m a younger teenberry. I love writing stories and I have been since I had the motor skills to write. Lately I have no patience for my long term stories because they are all silly and immature stories.

I would love to help edit and of course come up with character names.
It would be really nice to get a push on some of my story ideas to get going, like talk about plot and things of that nature.
See you around :slight_smile:

I’m [name_f]Anya[/name_f]; My pen name is Z. [name_f]Reyna[/name_f](short for [name_f]Zara[/name_f] [name_f]Reyna[/name_f]) I have Asperger’s syndrome, which basically means I’m good at school and bad at people, although I think I’m doing pretty well here. I’ve never finished a book, but I have a lot going. The furthest I’ve ever gotten is Chapter Six. Personality wise, I am very weird, I love to read, write, and draw, and play with dolls(you can never be too old for dolls)

Yeah. That’s all I can think of to say. (I’m really bad at ending paragraphs, books, and essays for school(that drops my grade a bit))

I guess since I made this I should participate :smiley:

I was always that weird kid who was in love with their [name_f]ELA[/name_f] class. I still am. Writing has been one of my favorite things for as long as I can remember, and it’s helped me tremendously with my anxiety to put things into words that aren’t easily said in person. My name is [name_f]Michaela[/name_f], but everyone calls me K-la. I’m thinking that’s what I’ll use as my “pen name” because it’s unique and I’m attached to it already. I’m currently working on a story with the working title “[name_f]Summer[/name_f] Nights.” You guys have helped so so so so much with choosing names. I love reading your ideas for stories and I try to help as much as I can. So far I haven’t published anything, but I’m still a young teen and am not too worried about that currently.

All in all, I love being on Nameberry and if you ever need help with a story or character names, hit me up because I’d love to help! :wink:

I am [name_u]Elif[/name_u] [name_f]Su[/name_f], I prefer [name_f]Su[/name_f] more, I can’t say I am a regular but I do post when I have ideas or search names myself. I am currently working on two fanfics. One of them is about HP - Cursed Child era. I have different characters like [name_m]Severus[/name_m] Arcturus, [name_u]Orion[/name_u] [name_m]Percival[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] Rubeus [name_m]Wolf[/name_m], [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. I am currently stuck on [name_f]Athena[/name_f]'s brother’s name. I also work on a fem!Zuko fanfic. It is a new project and I still search for some characters. I would love to help as much as I can, you can also PM me, I will be really happy if you have questions.

I am Ananya, but my pen name is [name_u]Blue[/name_u].

I’m a little bit strange, as I get so bogged down in details that I just can’t write. I’m still working on that, as that gives me a lot of trouble in writing.

I mainly use this site for character names, though I’m also obsessed with names. I’m a pretty regular poster.

I am currently trying to work on an idea for a story that is over 100,000 words long, and am toying with the idea of 2,000 words a page. I have no working title, nor character names, and hope to come up with an idea soon.

My “pen name” is [name_f]Anabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]. I go by it on all websites, video games, etc. I love, love, love writing! All my free time goes to writing and artsy things! I write historical fiction and (my fave) fantasy. I really like partner writing because it helps me to not lose interest, and to have someone to hold me accountable. I am a younger teenager who loves God, family, and friends (psst, and writing lol). I hope to publish one day and I love using nameberry to help me come up with names! I like uncommon names and spellings, but not straight-out strange ones that no one’s heard of. I live to be a light to the world, and to do my best to be the hands and feet of my [name_m]Lord[/name_m].

I go by [name_f]Maya[/name_f] on here; my pen name is [name_f]Amalia[/name_f] [name_m]Wiley[/name_m]. I’m a college (or university) student and I love to play softball, watch pretty much any sport, watch old movies, draw, and read/write. I don’t know if I count as a regular poster either, I just kind of pop down here whenever I’m on Nameberry and help when I can, and get some ideas for my own stories. I really enjoy writing but I’m much better at short stories than I am at writing books. I don’t have a specific genre that I usually write, but there’s usually a lot of angst involved:D My boyfriend is pretty much the only person who reads the stuff I write, but maybe I’ll try publishing someday. It’s really cool to get to know a bit about some of the people that I always see on here!

I’m also still around! It’s interesting to see where I was 2.5 years ago.
I’ve since joined the NaNoWriMo site (blame [name_u]Abby[/name_u]) and done and won 3 NaNos. The first was on the mentioned above 2060s project but I never really finished it regardless. The second and third were on the HP fanfiction idea I mentioned, only that it turned into original fiction halfway through and now I have my own magical universe I guess? And I actually finished a book for the first time. Feels great.
Should I publish - which I’m thinking about, but not until the second part is done - I’ve decided to use my first and my mother’s maiden name for a pen name.

[name_f]Non[/name_f]-writing things that changed since I last posted: I got older, moved and started college.

Hello guys,

I’m Arthur, my pen name is Not The King. I’ve been contributing to MyPoeticSide essays mostly, as I started writing 3 years ago with a poem Dragons. Since then I haven’t written much, because I was busy with my studies and my internship in Germany.

But last year I finished my first novel and it’s a great progress for me, because it was my first serious project.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everybody, I’m [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]! I’m a general name lover but that came about because of character naming.

Hopefully someday I’ll be published! We’ll see. I’ll tell y’all if it ever happens lol.

I’m currently working on a couple projects (okay, like a bunch of them)! One of them I don’t have names for yet so I’ll be down here looking for some.

It’s nice to meet you all. I thought I’d bring this thread back!

Hey 'berries! [name_m]Oren[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] here! A pen name might come into play later, but I’ve gotta focus on my actual writing skills first.

[name_f]My[/name_f] writing process goes something like this: Super Specific Character Idea > [name_u]Story[/name_u] Idea Based On Character > Plan Pieces Of A Plot [name_f]Kinda[/name_f] > Get Overwhelmed > ??? :upside_down_face:

I’m a [name_m]Junior[/name_m] in high school and I’m conflicted between what I want to be. An author? A photographer? A photojournalist? A blogger? Or perhaps a plant nursery worker? Who knows?

I enjoy history, my very good dogs, and watching documentaries on PBS. Absolutely entrancing, I know.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite genres are realistic fic, Queer YA, fantasy, and dystopian. I hope to write a stand-alone novel with a diverse character line up someday. Nice to be here with you all conspiring for greatness. :smiley:

1 Like

I am going to reintroduce myself under my new username(and I was in a really weird mood that day so you got some crazy stuff in my introduction)

Hello there! I am [name_f]Elena[/name_f] :sunglasses:: aspiring writer, name nerd(obviously), fantasy lover, bookworm (more like book-wolf or something I will devour anything you throw at me in a day; sometimes several novels a day if I’m bored), weirdo, and here to help you! I have a very um…unique brain wiring. Sorry if I seem distracted or really nervous sometimes, i have adhd and anxiety. I also struggle with a BFRB though I have overcome one. I love film editing, electric engineering, [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] Falcons, brussels sprouts, apples, yellow, acorns, clover and shamrocks, soccer(football in most every other country), debates, jigsaw puzzles, riddles, sunflowers, ketchup, MYSTERIES…a lot of things :upside_down_face:. I am scared of mushrooms, driving over bridges, apeirophobia. [name_f]My[/name_f] fears aren’t that important though. I strongly dislike (hate :rage:(I am very passionate)) people who don’t respect other’s beliefs, bananas, zucchini and squash, “[name_f]Santa[/name_f]'s helper elves”, and eczema. Most of my books I end up abandoning, sadly. Most of the books I’ve written(started) are fantasy genre, apart from those two mysteries. I adore old-fashioned literature and several of my favorite authors are: [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] [name_u]Alcott[/name_u], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Maud[/name_f] [name_u]Montgomery[/name_u], [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Riley[/name_u], [name_m]Django[/name_m] Wexler, Soman Chainani, [name_f]Carolyn[/name_f] [name_m]Keene[/name_m] (fun fact, [name_f]Carolyn[/name_f] [name_m]Keene[/name_m] is a collective pen name used by all the authors of the [name_f]Nancy[/name_f] [name_u]Drew[/name_u] books), [name_m]Clive[/name_m] Staples [name_m]Lewis[/name_m], and [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] Applegate. [name_f]My[/name_f] top 5 favorite books/series(it’s sooo hard to choose 10 only!!) are:

1. “The [name_m]Little[/name_m] White Horse”
  2. The School for Good and Evil series
  3. [name_u]Anne[/name_u] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables series
  4. “[name_m]Little[/name_m] Men”
  5. The Forbidden Library series
    When I’m older I hope to be an author and film editor, maybe have a youtube channel when I’m 18 (cause my parents probably won’t let me have a phone, much less have a youtube channel so I’d have to wait till I’m legally allowed to by myself). That’s all I have to say, hope you enjoy my sarcastic self. :wink:

Random Facts about me:
I’m gluten free
I love playing badminton (just in the driveway and I’m not very good)
I love singing, playing piano and organ

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and farewell

2 Likes

ooh, I love badminton too (although I am also pretty bad), and riddles! And a bunch of other random things that I will spare everyone from delving into.

Oh, and I’m a Hamilton fanatic!

1 Like