Writers' Quick Poll Thread

For the name of a small town set in the 1930’s

• Verny
  • Verney
  • Vernly
  • Vernley
0 voters

What name goes well with Oliver, Justin, Peter, and Bradley?

• Alexander
  • Andrew
  • Anthony
  • Charlie
  • Cody
  • Colin
  • Daniel
  • David
  • Derek
  • Evan
  • Gregory
  • Henry
  • Ian
  • Lucas
  • Ryan
  • Thomas
  • Trevor
  • William

0 voters

In a recently created sci-fi side project, I can’t decide between two names for one of four MCs. She belongs to an organization of bounty hunter-like mercenaries, in which her mother holds a position of considerable power. She’s a very focused person, always meticulous, always confident. She’s reserved unless she’s in a situation where that needs to change; she’s very adaptable. Her last name is Caoleret. The other main characters are Kyrena and Maridel, and the fourth one is TBD. Which name fits better?

• Zera (ZAIR-ah)
  • Zalie (ZAY-lee)

0 voters

For the 19-year-old main character of a mystery novel with [name_f]Aggie[/name_f] as the nickname. She’s observant and hardworking with a stubborn streak and a need to fix things. Her brother’s name is [name_u]Harvey[/name_u].

• Agnes
  • Agatha

0 voters

An all-girl sib set Lucinda, Winifred, Augustine, Marigold, Dorothea, and Florence

• love it
  • like it
  • dislike it
  • hate it

0 voters

[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] feels like a clear outlier since it’s unisex-leaning masculine while the others are so feminine.

4 Likes

I’m trying to name a couple. Which of these do you like (and if you wouldn’t mind commenting, which sound best together?)
The girlfriend (laid back, lazy, afraid to try, sarcastic, portrays herself to be tough because she is afraid of letting people in and getting hurt)

• Sylvie
  • Opal
  • Juno
  • Avia

0 voters

The boyfriend (tries to be very upbeat, but is anxious, has big dreams, works hard, soft TM)

• Leo
  • Finch
  • Skylar
  • Foster
  • Oakley
  • River

0 voters

Basically they’re two people very afraid of the future, with opposite ways of dealing with it (she ignores future planning, he delves too much into it)

Cute! I like [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] for the boyfriend. Upbeat, big dreams, soft, anxious, for some reason all this fits [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] to me. The girl is harder, but I like [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] or [name_f]Juno[/name_f]. Laid back, lazy, sarcastic, ect. all seems to fit those, maybe [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] a little bit more, so that’s what I voted for. [name_m]Said[/name_m] together ‘Sylvie and Skylar’ sound good imo, but do you think they are too samey for a couple? [name_u]Or[/name_u] do they match in a cute way?

1 Like

sister for artyom “tyoma”…

• milena
  • milana

0 voters

(her surname will be chekanova)

with no context, would milena/milana be older or younger than artyom?

• older
  • younger

0 voters

thanks!

Are Lani and Anya Ferrin a plausible twinset? And if not, which name should I change?

• Yes, they’re fine
  • No, change Lani
  • No, change Anya
  • No, change both
  • Yes, but change the surname

0 voters

What should be his name?

He is a twelve year old boy who likes to draw and wants to be a artist when he grows up. He is nice, smart, creative, artistic, friendly, active, clever, curious, down to earth, confident, fun-loving, humorous, selfless, idealistic, imaginative, clever, intelligent, kind, logical, loyal, optimistic, and adventurous but he can be also a bit cynical, sarcastic, and mischievous at times. He also has a gift in music as he likes to play with his guitar. He has a group of friends named Oliver, Justin ,Peter,Bradley and Miranda, he is considered to be the artist of the group. He likes to draw and paint, play sports, play with his guitar, skateboard, play on his laptop, and hang out with his friends.

• Eric
  • Andrew
  • Danny
  • David
  • Kyle

0 voters

What should be his birthday?

Danny is a twelve year old boy who likes to draw and wants to be a artist when he grows up. He is nice, smart, creative, artistic, friendly, active, clever, curious, down to earth, confident, fun-loving, humorous, selfless, idealistic, imaginative, clever, intelligent, kind, logical, loyal, optimistic, and adventurous but he can be also a bit cynical, sarcastic, and mischievous at times. He also has a gift in music as he likes to play with his guitar. He has a group of friends named Oliver, Justin ,Peter,Bradley and Miranda, he is considered to be the artist of the group. He likes to draw and paint, play sports, play with his guitar, skateboard, play on his laptop, and hang out with his friends.

• January 23
  • June 4
  • June 10
  • July 9
  • August 21

0 voters

Do Ophelia, Maeve and Zander Law sound alright together? Or should I change some of them?

• Yes, they’re fine
  • No, change Ophelia
  • No, change Maeve
  • No, change Zander
  • Not at all

0 voters

1. What should be Danny’s color scheme?

Danny is a twelve year old boy who likes to draw and wants to be a artist when he grows up. He is nice, smart, creative, artistic, friendly, active, clever, curious, down to earth, confident, fun-loving, humorous, selfless, idealistic, imaginative, clever, intelligent, kind, logical, loyal, optimistic, and adventurous but he can be also a bit cynical, sarcastic, and mischievous at times. He also has a gift in music as he likes to play with his guitar. He has a group of friends named Oliver, Justin ,Peter, Bradley and Miranda, he is considered to be the artist of the group. He likes to draw and paint, play sports, play with his guitar, skateboard, play on his laptop, and hang out with his friends.

• Orange
  • Scarlet
  • Red Orange
  • Orange and Scarlet
  • Orange, Red Orange and Scarlet
  • Orange, Scarlet, Yellow
  • Orange, Yellow, Green

0 voters

1. Which of these kids would make a great pair with Danny?
  • Oliver
  • Justin
  • Bradley
  • Miranda
  • Peter

0 voters

Hyphenated Surname for Family:

• Brannan-Day
  • Brannan-Lane

0 voters

[name_f]Marcella[/name_f], the main character in my book is a princess and it’s tradition in her country for the firstborn royal child to have five middle names.

[name_f]Marcella[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is what I have now but I’m not sure if it’s the best way to arrange it. If anyone has any other ideas that would be great! [name_u]Or[/name_u] if you think this way is fine let me know.

1 Like

I think that [name_f]Marcella[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] would sound nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Marcella[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_f]Marcella[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Marcella[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]

2 Likes
  1. What completes four guys and one girl in a group?
  • Male
  • Female
  • Both

0 voters

1. I’ve created this new character who is serious, down to earth, sensible, smart, intelligent, mature, clever, and bright, who is a new member of a group of friends, what gender should it be?
  • Male
  • Female

0 voters

After watching the Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers trailer, do you think gadget hackwrench will be a villain in the movie?

• Yes
  • No
  • Possibly

0 voters