Writers' Quick Poll Thread

First name for girl, middle name Anderson (mother’s maiden name) brother is Sonny (nickname for Spencer Reginald IV), sister Lennon (not sure of middle name for her yet)

• Arlo Anderson
  • Marlo Anderson
  • Rooney Anderson

0 voters

What color should she be?

She is a female stuffed animal dog, she is usually the voice of reason to him and she usually acts as the older sibling/ parent figure but sometimes she can act immature and mischievous as him. She is clever, honest, intelligent, logical, loyal, caring, smart, charismatic, fun-loving, energetic, enthusiastic, playful, responsible, lovable, mature, witty, wise, strong, amiable, tomboyish, fiery, compassionate, sensible, feisty, tough, short-tempered, straightforward, and brave she can be childish, clumsy, cynical, pessimistic, snarky, and even can be bossy at times especially to Character #1. She likes to spend time hanging out with her friend, likes to watch TV, to play catch, relaxing, play on her laptop, swimming, roller skating, playing tennis.

The colors can be found here:

1. Strong Orange: RGB #A85400 | 71 Strong orange | RGB Chart & Multi Tool

2. Luminous Vivid Azure:
    RGB #0080FF | 403 Luminous vivid azure | RGB Chart & Multi Tool

3. Brilliant Cobalt Blue:
    RGB #5189E7 | 421 Brilliant cobalt blue | RGB Chart & Multi Tool

4. Light Brilliant Violet: RGB #B265FF | 515 Light brilliant violet | RGB Chart & Multi Tool

5. Light Brilliant Purple:
    RGB #C565FF | 531 Light brilliant purple | RGB Chart & Multi Tool

6. Brilliant Purple: RGB #AF51E7 | 534 Brilliant purple | RGB Chart & Multi Tool

7. Brilliant Mulberry:
    RGB #C251E7 | 547 Brilliant mulberry | RGB Chart & Multi Tool

• Strong Orange
  • Luminous Vivid Azure
  • Brilliant Cobalt Blue
  • Light Brilliant Violet
  • Light Brilliant Purple
  • Brilliant Purple
  • Brilliant Mulberry

0 voters

sisters alsie (b. 2006) and selah (b. 2012)?
  • yay
  • nay
  • eh

0 voters

What would be her name?

She is a female stuffed animal dog who is David’s Best friend and companion, she is usually the voice of reason to him and she usually acts as the older sibling/ parent figure but sometimes she can act immature and mischievous as him. She is clever, honest, intelligent, logical, loyal, caring, smart, charismatic, fun-loving, energetic, enthusiastic, playful, responsible, lovable, mature, witty, wise, strong, amiable, tomboyish, fiery, compassionate, sensible, feisty, tough, short-tempered, straightforward, and brave she can be childish, clumsy, cynical, pessimistic, snarky, and even can be bossy at times especially to David. She likes to spend time hanging out with her friend, likes to watch TV, to play catch, relaxing, play on her laptop, swimming, roller skating, playing tennis.

• Layla
  • Saffy
  • Gemma
  • Darcy
  • Pepper
  • Maggie

0 voters

Characters for a quick little among us fanfiction (ahahaha don’t ask)
[name_u]Story[/name_u] heavily themed on nostalgia (and of course, murder)
Which fit / which don’t fit?
(Solana is the imposter)

(ackk polls aren’t working for me so just reply asdfghjkl)

-Beatrix (Trix) - she/her, teal
-Fox - he/him, maroon
-Rika- she/her dark blue
-Clover (Clove)- she/her, green
-Emerson- they/them, black
-Finley- he/him (trans ftm), cyan
-Avery- she/her, white
-Ellis- she/her, coral
-Solana- she/her, rose

Thoughts?

I’m currently working on a story based on the Marauders from Harry Potter. It’s specifically set in the summer when Sirius moves into James’ house (and maybe some of the school year after). I need help figuring out what the title should be and what each of the boys would get as a pet if James’ parents were to buy them each an animal.

What should the title be?
  • The Potter Boys
  • The Potter Brothers
  • Euphemia’s Sons
  • Other (comment below)

0 voters

What animal would James get?
  • Cat
  • Toad
  • Owl
  • Ferret
  • Rat

0 voters

What animal would Sirius get?
  • Cat
  • Toad
  • Owl
  • Ferret
  • Rat

0 voters

Post the title & which website you have it on (fanfic, ao3, etc.) when you’re done please. I’d like to read it.

2 Likes

What should be their signs based on their personalities?

David is a twelve year old boy who is friends with a stuffed female dog whom he considers his true best friend, he likes to draw and likes to be a cartoonist when he grows up. He is nice, smart, creative, humorous, adventurous, easygoing, friendly, goofy, outgoing, fun-loving, clever, bright, confident, optimistic, active, kind, cool, imaginative, responsible and hardworking though he can be arrogant, selfish, lazy, mischievous, immature, and act cowardly but he makes it up for it in the end. He likes to play games, play soccer and field hockey, reading comics, paint, draw and sketch pictures, play outside, making home movies and videos, and spending time hanging with his best friend Pepper.

• Aries
  • Taurus
  • Gemini
  • Cancer
  • Leo
  • Virgo
  • Libra
  • Scorpio
  • Sagittarius
  • Capricorn
  • Aquarius
  • Pisces

0 voters

Pepper is a female stuffed animal dog who is David’s lifelong best friend and companion, she is usually the voice of reason to him and she usually acts as the older sibling/ parent figure but sometimes she can act immature and mischievous as him. She is clever, honest, intelligent, logical, loyal, caring, smart, charismatic, fun-loving, energetic, enthusiastic, playful, responsible, lovable, mature, witty, wise, strong, amiable, tomboyish, fiery, compassionate, sensible, feisty, tough, short-tempered, straightforward, and brave she can be childish, clumsy, cynical, pessimistic, snarky, and even can be bossy at times especially to David. She likes to spend time hanging out with David, likes to watch TV, to play catch, relaxing, play on her laptop, swimming, roller skating, playing tennis.

• Aries
  • Taurus
  • Gemini
  • Cancer
  • Leo
  • Virgo
  • Libra
  • Scorpio
  • Sagittarius
  • Capricorn
  • Aquarius
  • Pisces

0 voters

Which initials do you like? (would be followed by a last name)
  • E.B.
  • E.G.
  • H.E.

0 voters

b/g siblings

• finch and briony
  • finch and calla
  • finch and indigo
  • finch and ione

0 voters

follow-up poll (i do love finch and calla together, and calla fits the character quite well, but . . .)

can i have a calla and a hallie in the same story?
  • no, i think i would get them mixed up too frequently
  • no for another reason
  • it’s fine so long as you don’t mix them up
  • it would be fine if they’re not in many scenes together
  • it would be fine if the characters are very different
  • what are you talking about? of course you can
  • other

0 voters

(hallie’s name is set and i have no plans to change it.)

Do you think I should add a new character(s) in to the duo of David and Pepper?

1.David is a twelve year old boy who is friends with a stuffed female dog whom he considers his true best friend, he likes to draw and likes to be a cartoonist when he grows up. He is nice, smart, creative, humorous, adventurous, easygoing, friendly, goofy, outgoing, fun-loving, clever, bright, confident, optimistic, active, kind, cool, imaginative, responsible and hardworking though he can be arrogant, selfish, lazy, mischievous, immature, and act cowardly but he makes it up for it in the end. He likes to play games, play soccer and field hockey, reading comics, paint, draw and sketch pictures, play outside, making home movies and videos, and spending time hanging with his best friend Pepper.

1. Pepper is a female stuffed animal dog who is David’s lifelong best friend and companion, she is usually the voice of reason to him and she usually acts as the older sibling/ parent figure but sometimes she can act immature and mischievous as him. She is clever, honest, intelligent, logical, loyal, caring, smart, charismatic, fun-loving, energetic, enthusiastic, playful, responsible, lovable, mature, witty, wise, strong, amiable, tomboyish, fiery, compassionate, sensible, feisty, tough, short-tempered, straightforward, and brave she can be childish, clumsy, cynical, pessimistic, snarky, and even can be bossy at times especially to David. She likes to spend time hanging out with David, likes to watch TV, to play catch, relaxing, play on her laptop, swimming, roller skating, playing tennis.
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

For me it’s really the first letter of the name that might have me mixing them up! I’d be less likely to mix up [name_f]Calla[/name_f] and [name_f]Hallie[/name_f] than [name_f]Hallie[/name_f] and [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_f]Helen[/name_f], or even something like [name_f]Honora[/name_f] or [name_f]Harriet[/name_f].

1 Like

What decade do you think they would be from?

1.David is a twelve year old boy who is friends with a stuffed female dog whom he considers his true best friend, he likes to draw and likes to be a cartoonist when he grows up. He is nice, smart, creative, humorous, adventurous, easygoing, friendly, goofy, outgoing, fun-loving, clever, bright, confident, optimistic, active, kind, cool, imaginative, responsible and hardworking though he can be arrogant, selfish, lazy, mischievous, immature, and act cowardly but he makes it up for it in the end. He likes to play games, play soccer and field hockey, reading comics, paint, draw and sketch pictures, play outside, making home movies and videos, and spending time hanging with his best friend Pepper.

1. Pepper is a female stuffed animal dog who is David’s lifelong best friend and companion, she is usually the voice of reason to him and she usually acts as the older sibling/ parent figure but sometimes she can act immature and mischievous as him. She is clever, honest, intelligent, logical, loyal, caring, smart, charismatic, fun-loving, energetic, enthusiastic, playful, responsible, lovable, mature, witty, wise, strong, amiable, tomboyish, fiery, compassionate, sensible, feisty, tough, short-tempered, straightforward, and brave she can be childish, clumsy, cynical, pessimistic, snarky, and even can be bossy at times especially to David. She likes to spend time hanging out with David, likes to watch TV, to play catch, relaxing, play on her laptop, swimming, roller skating, playing tennis.
  • 1960s
  • 1970s
  • 1980s
  • 1990s
  • 2000s
  • 2010s

0 voters

i made a character, but after i named her, i realized that she’s irish-coded, and her name is not irish. however, i want it to be more obvious that she’s irish, seeing how ireland doesn’t exist in this setting. right now, her name is hesperia fintan.

• keep hesperia
  • change it to something more irish
  • other

0 voters

if i were to change it…

a little about her if that helps

she’s a little taller than average, has curly, strawberry blond hair, is freckled, and has a round face (looks somewhat like sadie sink??). she’s the assistant to a billionaire, and is very responsible, dignified, and has a degree in psychology.

• eilidh
  • aoife
  • oonagh / oona
  • orlaith
  • saorlaith
  • something else…

0 voters

I really like [name_f]Hesperia[/name_f] for her though! I think it’s unique and also fits her description. Also adding fintan to the end def reminds me as Irish, but that’s just me as a name nerd.:wink:

3 Likes

What name goes well with Jonah, Colby, and Emily?

• Phoebe
  • Elizabeth “Liz”

0 voters

Please help me finalize his name, thanks!

When you first meet him, you might mistake him for a girl because of his long blue hair and silvery soft-spoken voice. He moves as if he were a ballet dancer, and wears dominantly sky blue and lavender clothing. Years later he might realize that he’s nonbinary or even a woman, but for now, he’s just a young man who happens to be quite feminine.

Upon speaking to him, you discover that he’s very shy. He even comes off as a bit standoffish, until you ask him about his interests. He softly mentions birds and musicals, and when you give him more attention to his interests, he starts to open up and chatter excitedly about them. You’ll discover that he can be very talkative, though he’ll apologize every other sentence for talking too much. He’s very sweet and sincere, but he does have his jerkish tendencies whenever he thinks he’s in the right. He doubts himself too much to really fight much, but he will get in your face if you hurt one of his loved ones.

You’ll also discover that he’s very much a romantic at heart and desperately in love with someone, though it’s not like he realizes it just yet.

You ask him for his name, and he says…

• Julian
  • Nathan

0 voters

Can Cosima and Eleonore work as a sibset? Surname is del Vera. For the record, I can’t change it, but I’d like to know if I should include more closely tied mns

• Yes
  • Maybe
  • No

0 voters

Which is better for the name of my protagonist. She is shy, anxious, and jumpy. She hates being a hero but has to be or else she would feel guilty for letting everyone down. She is very artistic. She has light brown space buns, freckles, and I imagine her to look like Esther Esposito but with a less sharp jawline and chubby cheeks, and is 5 feet tall. She usually wears a boho sort of fashion, a lot of lime green, cream, and yellow, and dresses with high waistlines.

• Hayley
  • Regan
  • Reagan, but goes by Rea
  • Bri

0 voters