Wyatt and Harper's sister

WDYTO [name]Caroline[/name] for the new sibling to [name]Wyatt[/name] (m) and [name]Harper[/name] (f)?

We’re southern, and I like the flow of [name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Harper[/name], and [name]Caroline[/name]…

[name]Even[/name] though [name]Caroline[/name] is a classic, traditional name as well as from a different “style family” than [name]Wyatt[/name] (country and western) and [name]Harper[/name] (surname and literary), it doesn’t look too bad at all with your children’s names. I think you should go for it if you love it! Best wishes, [name]Mischa[/name].

Honestly…I don’t think it clashes, but I don’t think it goes well either. I could never say something bad about the name [name]Caroline[/name], but I would also never swoon over it probably bc I went to school with a number of [name]Caroline[/name] and Carolinas. It’s beautiful and classic but also traditional, like a beautiful heirloom from your grandmother’s closet.

However, [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Harper[/name] sound shiny and new to me. They sound hip and cool and, dare I say, trendy. I also don’t mean this in a bad way to say overdone, just that they are names of today. I actually love the names [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Harper[/name]. If my first was a boy (she wasn’t), we had set to name her [name]Wyatt[/name]. [name]Harper[/name] was on our list for our second girl to be born in [name]August[/name].

But, my honest, honest, opinion as someone who loves your first two kids names, is that if I met a [name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Harper[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name], a little part of me would wonder what happened with [name]Caroline[/name] and did her parents losing their baby-naming steam at #3. Sorry…

thanks for the input-- i appreciate the honesty.
here are other names we’re considering. do yall like any of these choices better?

[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Annie[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Avigail[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] (nn [name]Emme[/name])
[name]Della[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Faye[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] (nn [name]Gracie[/name])
[name]Kaye[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Loralei[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Magnolia[/name] (nn [name]Maggie[/name] or [name]Nola[/name])
[name]Maya[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name] (nn [name]Miri[/name])
[name]Miriam[/name] (nn [name]Miri[/name])
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Noa[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Reese[/name]
[name]Ruth[/name] (nn [name]Ruthie[/name])
[name]Sarah[/name] (nn [name]Sadie[/name])
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Veda[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] (nn [name]Vera[/name])
[name]Zoe[/name]

[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Harper[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name]…not a bad sibset, just a little mismatched. But if [name]Caroline[/name] is your favorite, then go with it! Or you could use [name]Caroline[/name] as her mn? :slight_smile:

[name]Ava[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Reese[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]

It seems as if you’d like to go more feminine for this girl – maybe because of gender confusion with [name]Harper[/name]? – but you still want the name to be consistent in style. OK, great.

You have a wonderful list. I too love [name]Caroline[/name] but agree that it’s too classically feminine to fit with the others. Some of the other choices on your list, such as [name]Susannah[/name], I feel similarly about. So here are what I think are the best:

[name]Blythe[/name] – decidedly feminine but not conventional. Good fit tho [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Blythe[/name] sound quite a bit alike.

[name]Bryn[/name] – good fit though a bit trendy

[name]Clementine[/name] (nn [name]Emme[/name]) – couldn’t resist leaving this on the list as I love it and I think it’s quirky enough to work, but why choose the really distinctive [name]Clementine[/name] and reduce it to the everyday [name]Emme[/name]?

[name]Ellis[/name] – Does work with the others and I think it’s adorable yet people will forever misunderstand it as [name]Alice[/name] or reduce it to the ordinary [name]Ellie[/name]. Have you considered [name]Ellison[/name]? though same problems…

[name]Flora[/name] – One of my absolute favorites. While much more fem than [name]Harper[/name], I think it’s offbeat enough to work.

[name]Mae[/name] – [name]Love[/name] this as a first name but probably too vintage femme to fit

[name]Magnolia[/name] (nn [name]Maggie[/name] or [name]Nola[/name]) – like [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Flora[/name], very feminine but quirky and think it can work beautifully, but again, would hate for you to end up with the ordinary [name]Maggie[/name]! [name]Nola[/name]: great.

[name]Reese[/name] – Excellent fit tho hardly more feminine than [name]Harper[/name] and very redolent of Witherspoon

Bottom line favorites: [name]Blythe[/name] or [name]Flora[/name]

While I know that [name]Harper[/name] is unisex, I’ve only ever met female Harpers. I would be shocked to meet a young boy named [name]Harper[/name] - unlike [name]Evan[/name], [name]Dylan[/name], [name]Ryan[/name] or one of the other more recent boy-and-girl converts. With [name]Wyatt[/name] or alone I would always have thought your [name]Harper[/name] was a girl. So, to me, you don’t have to stay unisex for girl #2. I don’t think [name]Caroline[/name] is necessarily the best sister for [name]Harper[/name], but I don’t think it’s a mismatch because of her feminity. I think it’s more of a mismatch in style, length, etc. I think it could work depending on the nn - do you plan to use one? [name]Lola[/name] would be adorable I think, and one of my favorite (nameberry-inspired) nn’s for [name]Caroline[/name].

So from your longer list I could easily see [name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Harper[/name] and:
[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name] (except a little rhyme-y with [name]Wyatt[/name])
[name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Della[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name] (nn [name]Miri[/name])
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Nola[/name] ([name]Magnolia[/name] is too frilly next to [name]Harper[/name], imo. It’s also more overtly southern which may be something to consider. I like the spunky [name]Nola[/name] though)
[name]Reese[/name] - if you want to stay unisex
[name]Sarah[/name] (nn [name]Sadie[/name]) - I really like [name]Sadie[/name] with [name]Harper[/name], not so much [name]Sarah[/name]

Good luck!

What about [name]Ava[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]? I think [name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Harper[/name] and [name]Ava[/name] sound good together and then you get the lovely [name]Caroline[/name] in the combo as well.

rollo :slight_smile:

Okay, since I really like [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Harper[/name] as names, I personally think that [name]Sadie[/name] (not [name]Sarah[/name]) will go awesome with that sibset. I am biased bc that’ s my daughter’s name. We named her [name]Sadie[/name], not [name]Sarah[/name], because I really don’t see the connection between [name]Sarah[/name]/[name]Sara[/name] and [name]Sadie[/name]. They sound like totally different names to me and in some cases the supposedly given name (sara) is shorter than [name]Sadie[/name]. Anyhow, I think [name]Sarah[/name] would present the same problem as [name]Caroline[/name] if not worse bc to me [name]Sarah[/name] has an additional blah factor that [name]Caroline[/name] doesn’t have.
If you are always going to call her [name]Sadie[/name], I don’t see the point of naming her [name]Sara[/name]/[name]Sarah[/name]. And it’s not as if we dealing with a situation such as [name]Penelope[/name] (nn [name]Poppy[/name]) where the given name sounds more professional and adult like than the nickname. I just don’t see [name]Sara[/name] being that much more grown-up than [name]Sadie[/name]. In fact, some people have envisioned a little old Jewish lady named [name]Sadie[/name] if anything.

Okay, well enough about me, let’s talk about you…

Of the names you listed, I could see [name]Blythe[/name], [name]Bryn[/name], [name]Eden[/name] (another favorite of mine), [name]Ellis[/name], [name]Loralei[/name], [name]Mae[/name] (but perhaps too western with [name]Wyatt[/name]), [name]Magnolia[/name] (nn [name]Nola[/name]), or [name]Reese[/name] (a little too unisex with [name]Harper[/name]), [name]Stella[/name] work well.

Some on your list are just far too popular for me to really consider how well they go with [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Harper[/name], which are not unheard names, but still have an edge to them. These names are [name]Chloe[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Lily[/name], [name]Ava[/name], [name]Maya[/name], [name]Zoe[/name]. If you really don’t care about popularity at all, I would think [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Zoe[/name] go well with the sibset.

[name]Dylan[/name] throws [name]Harper[/name] into a unisex theme. I do know a little baby girl [name]Dylan[/name] and she’s adorable, but I think on paper it will be hard to tell is [name]Dylan[/name] a boy or girl.

I love [name]Caroline[/name] and it does not seem that off from the other two name. [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Harper[/name] are different from each other. [name]Wyatt[/name] seems country (yet fresh) and harper seems hip. [name]Caroline[/name] is a solid name that could match with most genres (it is timeless and I picture a pretty girl). [name]Reese[/name] another name that could match the southern charm with a hip twist. Are you going to have more children? [name]Ruth[/name] and a few other names seem totally different. If I was [name]Harper[/name]'s sister and my name was [name]Ruth[/name] I would not be happy. I would wonder why my sister got such a cool name and why I got [name]Ruth[/name] (I used to think this of a friend who has a sister [name]Ruth[/name] and her name is [name]Jennifer[/name] and another sister named [name]Stephanie[/name]). It could also flip in years as why did one girl get such a powerful bible name and the other a made up trendy name.
[name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Reese[/name] are my top picks.

I agree with the general consensus of the PPs. [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Harper[/name] have a sort of modern, surname-y thing going on, while [name]Caroline[/name] is a classic. You have listed nicknames for several of the other names on your list, so I was wondering if you had a NN chosen for [name]Caroline[/name], as well, or if she would go by her full name?
Of your list, these are the ones I like best:

[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Harper[/name] & [name]Blythe[/name] - I like it. I don’t [name]LOVE[/name] it, but I like it.
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Harper[/name] & [name]Eden[/name] - [name]Harper[/name] & [name]Eden[/name] are both definitely girl’s names, but neither is “girly”.
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Harper[/name] & [name]Reese[/name] - My favourite. I love how [name]Harper[/name] & [name]Reese[/name] go together. They’re perfect, [name]IMO[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Harper[/name] & [name]Sadie[/name] - I agree with the PP who suggested that you just go with [name]Sadie[/name] if that’s what she’ll be called, anyway

[name]Reese[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] would definitely get my vote :slight_smile:

To answer a few questions:

If we do go with [name]Caroline[/name], we would use the full name all of the time.

Also, though I do like many of the middle name sets y’all have provided, we have a tradition of using family surnames as the middle name for the children in our family.

[name]Sarah[/name] is my best friend/sister’s name, so we would definitely use that form as the official name as opposed to [name]Sadie[/name]. [name]Sadie[/name] would be used for differentiation from the other Sarahs in the family.

You know what? I think at the end of the day, if you really love [name]Caroline[/name], just go for it! I think [name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Harper[/name], & [name]Caroline[/name] is an awesome sibset. You don’t want to regret your kids’ names. You chose your other kids’ names because you loved those names from the start, and I think for your third baby, it should be the same way! So why not [name]Caroline[/name]? I think [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Reese[/name] is pretty.