Wyatt, Andrew, or Joseph

See the results of this poll: Hmmm…

Respondents: 18 (This poll is closed)

• Wyatt: 8 (44%)
  • Joseph: 3 (17%)
  • Andrew: 7 (39%)

I voted for [name]Christopher[/name] and [name]Christopher[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] is a really nice name.

[name]Christopher[/name] [name]Ethan[/name]
[name]Christopher[/name] [name]Owen[/name]
[name]Christopher[/name] [name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Christopher[/name] [name]Paul[/name]
[name]Christopher[/name] [name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Christopher[/name] [name]William[/name]

I love [name]Peter[/name]! I voted for [name]Peter[/name], with [name]Wyatt[/name] in second place, because I like the flow of [name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] better than I do [name]Christopher[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Peter[/name] of course! [name]Peter[/name] is my very favorite boy’s name in the world.

[name]Peter[/name] - I definitely like this best! It’s one of my all-time favorites. It goes great with [name]Montgomery[/name].

[name]Christopher[/name] - In and of itself, it’s a great name. I am less fond of the super-common nn [name]Chris[/name]. [name]Christopher[/name] --mn-- [name]Montgomery[/name] would be such a long name that he would likely have a hard time fitting it on forms. It would also take extra patience from him (and those around him) when he is signing his full name.

[name]Wyatt[/name] - It’s okay and flows well with [name]Montgomery[/name].

I voted for [name]Wyatt[/name], but it was a tough choice because I also really love [name]Peter[/name] so I can see why you’re stuck.

I would eliminate [name]Christopher[/name], though. It’s a nice enough name, but it is SO COMMON. When thinking about popularity, you can’t just look at the social security list for last year; you have to think about popularity over time. On the one hand, since [name]Christopher[/name] has had staying power, that gives it a nice classic feel. No one can ever accuse [name]Chris[/name] of being trendy or dated, so you can’t really go wrong with it. But, on the other hand, sustained uber-popularity over years and years make it start to feel like EVERYONE’s name. If you name your son [name]Christopher[/name], it won’t be just his name. It’s also another boy in his class, it’s his uncle, it’s his best friend’s dad, his grandpa’s best friend, it’s his soccer coach, the kid down the street who delivers the paper, the bus driver . . . you get the idea. Now, some people like that because they think it gives a name a friendly and unassuming appeal. But, you should think hard about this before deciding if it’s for you. Personally, it’s not my thing as I prefer a classic name that has a little bit more individuality. [name]Peter[/name], to me, is the perfect example of a classic name that has never been overused. [name]Wyatt[/name] is a little bit more funky and out of the box, so I guess you have to decide what feel you’re going for in order to choose the one that’s right for you.

Perhaps one way of doing this is to think about future sibling names.
If you go with [name]Christopher[/name], good matches would be:
[name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Micheal[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Emily[/name]

If you go with [name]Peter[/name], good matches would be:
[name]James[/name]
[name]Philip[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Mary[/name]

If you go with [name]Wyatt[/name], you’re probably looking at something a little different, such as:
[name]Blaise[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]

Of course, this isn’t a rule, but thinking about sibling sets may help solidify your sentiments toward one style or another. In fact, interestingly, while making these lists myself, I realize that while I voted for [name]Wyatt[/name] because I think it’s an amazingly cool name, I personally would probably never use it. [name]Peter[/name] is far more in line with my daughter’s name and the other names I like for any future children.

Well we have eliminated [name]Christopher[/name].haha. But then we found these names:

[name]Adam[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]

[name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Peter[/name] are still on our list. We are also considering [name]Elliott[/name]. I’m sorry we can’t seem to make up our minds. We just want to make the right decision.

[name]Hi[/name]! [name]Don[/name]'t apologize! You have so many great names on your list, and it’s easy to see why you’re having trouble choosing!

[name]Adam[/name]: I like some of the others more, and with [name]Adam[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name], the back-to-back Ms cancel each other when I say the combo out loud.

[name]Joseph[/name]: I love [name]Joseph[/name], and think it’s really handsome with [name]Montgomery[/name]!

[name]Andrew[/name]: I think that [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] sounds great!

[name]Elliot[/name]: I love [name]Elliot[/name], but I think I like the shorter last names with [name]Montgomery[/name] more.

My favorites with your last name are [name]Peter[/name], [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Andrew[/name], and [name]Wyatt[/name]. I know that [name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] has a lot of T sound, but I still like it a lot. :slight_smile: It came down to [name]Peter[/name] and [name]Joseph[/name] for me, and I ended up voting for [name]Joseph[/name].

Whatever you choose, I hope it’s a name you love! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I like [name]Peter[/name] [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Christopher[/name] [name]Wyatt[/name], I don’t like [name]Peter[/name] and [name]Christopher[/name] together.

[name]Hi[/name]! [name]Don[/name]'t apologize! You have so many great names on your list, and it’s easy to see why you’re having trouble choosing!

[name]Adam[/name]: I like some of the others more, and with [name]Adam[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name], the back-to-back Ms cancel each other when I say the combo out loud.

[name]Joseph[/name]: I love [name]Joseph[/name], and think it’s really handsome with [name]Montgomery[/name]!

[name]Andrew[/name]: I think that [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] sounds great!

[name]Elliot[/name]: I love [name]Elliot[/name], but I think I like the shorter last names with [name]Montgomery[/name] more.

My favorites with your last name are [name]Peter[/name], [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Andrew[/name], and [name]Wyatt[/name]. I know that [name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] has a lot of T sound, but I still like it a lot. :slight_smile:

Whatever you choose, I hope it’s a name you love! :slight_smile:

Good luck![/quote]

[name]Wyatt[/name] 222% [name]Peter[/name] 222% [name]Joseph[/name] 444% [name]Andrew[/name] 0No votes [name]Elliott[/name] 0No votes [name]Adam[/name]

Well, I voted for [name]Adam[/name] because I adore the name, its so handsome and underused! But [name]Andrew[/name] was a close second followed by [name]Peter[/name] and [name]Joseph[/name]. All the names are very nice except that I don’t really care for [name]Wyatt[/name]. Good luck!

No boy or man wants to be named [name]Peter[/name], kids will rip this name throughout his schooling years. Sorry

[name]Peter[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] - Simply wonderful!

[name]Andrew[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] - [name]Andrew[/name] is an awesome name. It’s not too long. However, having had a long (ten-letter) maiden name, I recommend - if you are on the fence between two equally nice names - that you go with the shorter one.

[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] - [name]Joseph[/name] is a fine name! However, I think it is more common and less distinctive than your other choices.

[name]Adam[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name]- I love [name]Adam[/name]; however, it’s true that the ending /m/ sort of sticks to the /M/ in [name]Montgomery[/name]. It’s still usable and nice though!

[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] - It’s okay, I guess, but not my style.

[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] - Doesn’t flow as well in my opinion. It’s my last choice to go with [name]Montgomery[/name].

[name]Peter[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name]… sounds SO great!

middle name ideas:
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Milo[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] (for me, this isn’t too much “M”, esp. since you won’t say his full name every day)
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name]
[name]William[/name]/[name]Liam[/name] [name]Peter[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Azariah[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Owen[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name]

I think [name]Elliott[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] is just perfect!

I see that others don’t like the flow, but I don’t understand why - maybe there’s something I’m missing? When I say [name]Elliott[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name], I think the flow sounds great! I just can’t figure out what the objections would be . . .

Also, I think [name]Elliott[/name] is the perfect balance for you, considering the other names on your list. It’s much more distinctive than [name]Andrew[/name] or [name]Joseph[/name], more interesting in sound that [name]Adam[/name], but still a solid choice that is more sensible, perhaps, than [name]Wyatt[/name]. It’s an easy name to match with future siblings, and I think it’s an all around awesome name for a boy or man to have!!

Jlm is right that [name]Elliot[/name] is a fine name and perhaps the most interesting of the names you are considering. I gave some thought as to what it is that made me question the flow of [name]Elliot[/name] with [name]Montgomery[/name]. I pinpointed my concern as being over the total number of syllables. Since [name]Montgomery[/name] is four syllables (longer than average) and [name]Elliot[/name] is three syllables (long-average), the 7-syllable combination (with a middle name yet to be added) just seemed kind of long and a bit of a mouthful to me. However, there really is nothing technically wrong with the combination of the names!

I was all set to vote for [name]Peter[/name] over [name]Christopher[/name] and [name]Wyatt[/name], but then you added the others!! Hmmm. My top three:
[name]Elliott[/name] - it is 3 syllables, which might make it a little long with [name]Montgomery[/name] but I love it
[name]Peter[/name] - still strong
[name]Andrew[/name] - a nice, solid choice too - especially if you plan to call him [name]Andrew[/name] at least some of the time.

My husband and I sat down a few minutes ago and looked over everyone’s opinions. We are very thankful for the help. We read each one carefully, and we decided on these 3 names.

[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]

We still need help deciding which name, and middle names, but we narrowed it down so that is good :))

Now that it is down to the wire I am choosing [name]Andrew[/name] for the first name.

I think it is a handsome name and it seems to have a kind of charisma to it.

For a combo I like [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Wyatt[/name].

All the best!

I disagree. I know a [name]Peter[/name], no one has ever made fun of his name. It’s Spider-Mans name, what boy wouldn’t like that?