Wynne/Winnie?

I know that [name]Winnie[/name] as been associated [name]Winnie[/name] the Pooh since A.A Milne first told the story to his son [name]Christopher[/name] [name]Robin[/name] eight six or eight seven years ago. But I really love the sound of it as a girl’s name. I doubt I’d ever have the nerve to go for it though due to the association; but I do think it sounds like a much nicer pet form of [name]Winifred[/name]. Like in the book [name]Tuck[/name] Everlasting by [name]Natalie[/name] Babbitt
What do you think?

I like it. It reminds me of [name]Winnie[/name] [name]Cooper[/name] more than anything. Her full name was [name]Gwendolen[/name].

I think [name]Winnie[/name] is sweet! The [name]Winnie[/name] the Pooh association would be cute for a little girl, but I don’t think it would become problematic later on.

Makes me think of [name]Winnie[/name] [name]Cooper[/name] from the wonder years too! I loved that show when i was younger. :stuck_out_tongue:

I too think [name]Winnie[/name] [name]Cooper[/name] before [name]Winnie[/name] the Pooh. :slight_smile:
I like the name and association a lot.

love [name]Winnie[/name] nn for [name]Winona[/name]

I love it! It reminds me of [name]Winnie[/name] [name]Cooper[/name] more than [name]Winnie[/name] the Pooh (and I’m not even from the “Wonder Years” generation). Personally, I would use it as a NN for [name]Winter[/name].

I think [name]Winnie[/name] is very sweet for [name]Winifred[/name], [name]Winona[/name], or [name]Gwendolen[/name].

I have always thought of [name]Winnie[/name] as a nn for [name]Winifred[/name], oddly enough, my first association is not [name]Winnie[/name] the Pooh. I remember I fell in love with [name]Winnie[/name]/[name]Winifred[/name] when I read [name]Tuck[/name] Everlasting as a child.