Xanthe?

Hello all,

What are you thoughts for [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] ([name_m]ZAN[/name_m]-thee)?

Middle name suggestions are welcome too.

Thanks.

I love [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]! My combo for it is [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Leona[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]. Other combos that come to mind are: [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Liora[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Eliora[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Genoveva[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_u]True[/name_u], and [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f].

It would have pronounciatiation issues

I’ve never heard anyone struggle to pronounce [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f], it’s not a name I encounter that often but I do see it and all my friends have been able to say it on the first go. I don’t think it’s any harder to prounounce than [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] or [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] or [name_f]Calliope[/name_f].

I really love this name.

[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] is WONDERFUL!!!

I love [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]. :slight_smile: I like four syllable middles with [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]. [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Serafina[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Titania[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Desdemona[/name_f], so on.

I really love [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]. It’s unique but still pretty. It’s delicate but it has a little strength to it also. I don’t think you will have pronunciation problems (maybe some will pronouce as one syllable?) but people will occasionally spell it as [name_f]Zanthe[/name_f]. But I think it will be a minor issue. Not any more problematic than most names.

My thought is that if you have a long or unusual first then the middle must be simple and clear. Maybe even a little plain. That way it doesn’t compete for attention and in the event your child hates having an unusual name… they can use their more common middle as an option. So I will suggest:

[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]

Thank you all for your comments! :slight_smile:

Thoughts on [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] as a combo?

My favorite “X” name is [name_f]Xochitl[/name_f], if [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] had a great first or middle to match I could see it working well, although I have no idea how to pronounce it :slight_smile:

[name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]!

Like it!!!

It’s a perfectly fine name. [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_u]Ariel[/name_u], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Adriana[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] Wilhemina, and [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] are all beautiful combos. The more I think of this name, the more I like it, escpecially with the nicknames [name_m]Zan[/name_m] or [name_f]Annie[/name_f]. If you had a [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] with a middle name that stared with an A, her nickname could be [name_f]Thea[/name_f]. I’ll have to add this one to my list…

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f], but [name_f]Lucienne[/name_f] [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] and [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] are very nice.

Editing for the sake of: [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Evalina[/name_f]. And just to shout out that some of my [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] combos work vice versa as well (aka [name_f]Evalina[/name_f] [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f])

I just wanted to say that Xanthem Gum is a crucial ingredient in all gluten free baking, for those of us who are gluten free that is an instant connection. I just wanted to point out the strong association becuase many of you might not realize it before using the name. It’s really only one letter difference and not far off in sound either…so beware. It probably would only bother a few potential people.

Thanks to everyone who commenting! :slight_smile:

teenberryo13 : I didnt know about Xanthem Gum. Thanks for the information. :slight_smile: