XP: New puppy!

Hey berries :] We just filled out an adoption form for a 1yr old Chug (chihuahua pug mix). We kind of want a “P” name, we have a bunny named [name]Dante[/name] and a chihuahua named [name]Deacon[/name], and then we have our first bunny named Pugsley. I wouldn’t use a letter theme for kids… [name]EVER[/name] but since we accidentally have two D’s and one P, we’d like to even it out with another P :]

Her given name is [name]Pearl[/name], but [name]Pearl[/name] is in our vault for middle names for one of our children. Should we keep it? Hubby and I are torn over [name]Piper[/name] or [name]Phoebe[/name]. WDYT? Can you think of other 1-2 syllable “P” names? [name]TIA[/name] berries!

If you want to use [name]Pearl[/name] for one of your kids, I’d save it. I like [name]Piper[/name]! I think it’d be cute on a dog. [name]Phoebe[/name] is a bit too much of a human name for me (maybe because I love it, lol) so I have trouble picturing it on a puppy. Other P names for your puppy…

[name]Penny[/name]
[name]Peri[/name] (maybe short for Periwinkle?)
[name]Paisley[/name]
[name]Patience[/name]
[name]Peace[/name]
[name]Peggie[/name]
[name]Petra[/name]
[name]Pippa[/name]
[name]Phyllis[/name] (I think this would be hilariously cute on a puppy)
[name]Polly[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name] (love this one!)
[name]Priscilla[/name]
[name]Pandora[/name]
[name]Paris[/name]

Or there are less namey-names like

Paprika
Patches
[name]Peaches[/name]
[name]Pepper[/name]
Pebbles
[name]Prima[/name]
Pudgy (my Aunt’s cats name)
Pumpkin
Pixie
[name]Princess[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

[name]Piper[/name] makes a cute puppy name.

Other P names that come to mind:
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Pippi[/name] (she could even have a full name- Pipalota like [name]Pippi[/name] Longstocking! lol)
[name]Paisley[/name]
Peach(y)
[name]Plum[/name]

I lkike penny.
[name]Perle[/name] ([name]Per[/name]-lay) is french for pearl.

My boyfriend’s dog is [name]Penny[/name] because as a pup she had big brown eyes like [name]Penny[/name]'s :slight_smile:

Of your choices I like [name]Piper[/name], it’s more nicknamey and like a dogs name. [name]Phoebe[/name]'s too human for me, probably cos I love it though!!

Oh, before I even read to the second paragraph, [name]Piper[/name] was in my mind for your “chug” - it’s perfect! It’s spunky and sassy and perfect for a dog…

[name]Dante[/name], [name]Deacon[/name], Pugsley, and [name]Piper[/name] = perfection. However, I think it is hilarious that you have a bunny named Pugsley and now you are getting an almost-pug. Great!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Piper[/name] is my favorite too. Those husbands can be so difficult about names!

But in case you need a few more ideas – I know a bunny named [name]Poe[/name]. (Very cute.) And Peoni is darling in a capricious way.

I think [name]Piper[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] would be so cute for a little chug puppy! But I prefer [name]Phoebe[/name]. There is a great dog trainer (his website is leerburg.com, just in case you want it) who we’re using to train our new puppy, and he has the cutest little Corgi puppy named [name]Phoebe[/name], I think it’s just wonderful. But either way, both are so cute.

I also love the suggestion of [name]Pippa[/name]. Very cute! [name]Pippa[/name] or [name]Phoebe[/name] would be great.
Have fun with your new dog!

Thanks for your help ladies! DH wouldn’t budge on allowing [name]Piper[/name], so I caved since [name]Phoebe[/name] was my second choice anyway :slight_smile: [name]Phoebe[/name] it is! We get a home visit from the Pug Rescue Thursday morning, I’ll definitely post a picture after then!