XP: Wilhelmina.

DH and I were discussing more names today (we have a #1 for each gender but we’re always discussing other options) and I brought up [name]Wilhelmina[/name] nn [name]Willa[/name]. I am falling for it, but he’s still on the fence. I think it’s because of our 9 letter [name]German[/name] last name. I reminded him that our #1 choices on either side are 4 syllable names as well so not to fret. WDYT? and if you can, middle name possibilities? The rest of our list has two middle names with the syllables being 4-3-1. [name]TIA[/name]!

I think it’s a nice name, but I can see why some think it’s unusable or too old and clunky. I know a little [name]Wilhelmina[/name], though, so I say go for it!

[name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]

Thank you :] I love [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]June[/name] paired with it!

WDYT of [name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]? [name]Pearl[/name] to honor DH’s ggm [name]Margaret[/name] (meaning: [name]Pearl[/name]). DH chose [name]Josephine[/name] (I’m not 100% a fan, but it’s pretty)

Hello - this may seem sort of random, but are you really a vegan? (maybe a stupid question) I was just curious because my husband and I are both vegan, and we’re hoping to raise our daughter vegan. I am a bit worried about her getting all the nutrition she needs…is this your first child or do you have any experience with raising a vegan child? Sorry for the randomness of this, but any advice would be awesome (even if you just know of some good sites or something like that)

I also think that [name]Wilhelmina[/name] is a beautiful name that I wish was used more.

[name]Sofia[/name]

[name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is amazing!!! Beautiful! You could call her [name]Willa[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], too cute!

To the PP! I’m not vegan, but I’m vegetarian. I am raising my son vegetarian. At 17 months he is above the 100th percentile for height, and 95th for weight and is in absolutely perfect health and has not once been sick… If that says anything about his vegetarian diet!!

I have gotten a lot of flack about it from family. Which is beyond annoying, but i just shrug it off. My uncle has asked “Where does he get his protein???” about 25 times. We have had no problem with him getting enough protein. Granted that it’s a lot easier being vegetarian than vegan, since I do rely a lot on eggs. But he loves tofu, and I’m sure your baby will too! If you have been vegan long, you know the tricks of the trade and how to get the nutrients you need for yourself. It’s really not much harder to provide the right stuff for a baby. I recommend the book Super [name]Baby[/name] Food for making your own food. It’s not vegan or even vegetarian, but it’s still really really helpful. It’s more than just recipes, check it out!

Oh, and are you pregnant? When i was pregnant tons of people told me “i can’t believe your doctor is letting you be vegetarian!” “you have to start eating meat for the baby, you know.” blah blah blah. My doctor told me that as long as i ate right, there was no reason to eat meat. And guess what? I had a perfect pregnancy, uncomplicated labor, and 100% healthy, 8 pound 14 ounce baby! So, ha! I’m really shocked that i get so many comments about it still, considering that my son is extremely strong, practically has a six pack (ok, exaggeration, but he’s strong!) and towers over children a year older than him. Isn’t it obvious that he’s getting his protein? And i don’t know what I’m going to do if he wants to try a hamburger someday, I’m really not worried about that right now. You’d be amazed how often people ask that question.

Ugh! Sorry to jump in to this conversation, but it’s my biggest pet peeve in the world! It drives me completely crazy. People have no idea what they’re talking about and are so incredibly rude! Other cultures have been vegetarian for hundreds of years, looks like they’re doing alright!

[name]Wilhelmina[/name] nn [name]Willa[/name] is gorgeous!

Yes I’m vegan :slight_smile: we plan on raising our children vegan as well (although DH is omni). [name]Don[/name]'t worry about your child getting enough nutrition, as PP said if you know the tricks of getting enough to eat you can pass that along. Most Americans get TOO MUCH protein. If you google “vegan parenting” you will find a lot of good information. Obviously you don’t have to worry about solids until they are old enough (hopefully you’ll be bfing since there aren’t yet 100% vegan formulas out) As for solid foods, Gardein makes AMAZINGLY GOOD meat substitutes, just be sure you have lots of veggies and legumes in the diet as well :] GL!