Yasmine or Yasmeen

which spelling looks prettier and girlier? thanks so much!

1 Like

[name_f]Yasmine[/name_f] :slight_smile: Though [name_f]Yasmin[/name_f] would be go to

4 Likes

For me it depends on the pronunciation you want. I read Yasmine as “YAZ-Min” rhyming with Jasmine, as Yasmeen as “Yaz-MEEN.”
I prefer the look of Yasmine (and it also looks slightly girlier to me) but both are very pretty :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

it depends on pronunciation for me! [name_f]Yasmine[/name_f] = yaz-min, and [name_f]Yasmeen[/name_f] = yaz-meen. So if you’re leaning to the Yaz-meen pronunciation, then I would go for [name_f]Yasmeen[/name_f]. That said, I do prefer [name_f]Yasmine[/name_f]!

3 Likes

I’d go for [name_f]Yasmeen[/name_f]. It reminds me of [name_f]Yasmeen[/name_f] [name_u]Gauri[/name_u] who was a famous model in the 1990s. I don’t care for the Anglicised pronunciation of [name_f]Yasmine[/name_f] so I wouldn’t pick that spelling.

1 Like

[name_f]Yasmine[/name_f] x

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Yasmeen[/name_f].

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Yasmine[/name_f]! I would pronounce both with the ‘meen’ ending – I know two Yasmine’s and both pronounce it like ‘meen’ rather than ‘min’

1 Like

I agree with previous posters that I would pronounce them slightly differently - [name_f]Yasmine[/name_f] with a short i like [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f], and [name_f]Yasmeen[/name_f] with a long e. I slightly prefer [name_f]Yasmine[/name_f] just personally, but I do really like [name_f]Yasmeen[/name_f] as well (always loved [name_f]Yasmeen[/name_f] Ghauri!)

1 Like

[name_f]Yasmine[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Yasmine[/name_f] :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like the spelling [name_f]Yasmine[/name_f] and the traditional pronunciation “Yasmeen” which I have heard in Arabic, Punjabi, [name_m]German[/name_m] and [name_u]French[/name_u]. [name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] name.

2 Likes

[name_f]Yasmine[/name_f] 100%!

1 Like

[name_f]Yasmine[/name_f] 100%

1 Like

I see a lot of appeal from [name_f]Yasmine[/name_f] that doesn’t seem to radiate to [name_f]Yasmeen[/name_f] at all

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Yasmine[/name_f], but both are nice. I’d pronounce them the same way with the ‘meen’ ending

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Yasmine[/name_f], but I pronounce them differently, Yaz-min vs. Yaz-meen.

1 Like

[name_f]Yasmine[/name_f]

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Yasmine[/name_f], but it may get pronounced YAZ-min.

1 Like

[name_f]Yasmine[/name_f]

1 Like