Yay I have my girl name list 🌸 help me narrow!

After several posts and so many helpful name suggestions and feedback we finally have our list of girl names that we love! I need to try to narrow it down to two or three and then we will decide officially when we meet her. :blush: I can’t thank everyone enough for all the ideas and feedback- some of these names were ideas from you! It is truly so helpful to have outside opinions. With that being said- please give me your honest feedback or favorites from this list.

A sister for [name_u]William[/name_u] nickname [name_u]Liam[/name_u]:

[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
May/Mae
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] nn [name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] nn [name_u]Allie[/name_u]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]

3 Likes

You have a lovely list and honestly can’t go wrong, but my top three are [name_f]Clara[/name_f], May/Mae and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much I got [name_f]Mae[/name_f] from one of your comments !!

1 Like

This is a great list!

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] - Though [name_f]Clara[/name_f] isn’t on my personal list, I love her! I think she’s so winter-y and whimsical!
May/Mae - [name_f]May[/name_f] is super cute, if not a bit short for my taste. Honestly, I think May/Mae would work for a nickname for [name_f]Margot[/name_f]!
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] - It’s short and sweet! I think [name_f]Nora[/name_f] has the potential to fit someone spunky or studious!
[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] - I prefer [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] to [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f], but I think she’s lovely either way!
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] - I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], its just feels a little stuffy to me?
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] - I think [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is super sweet! As I said, I think you could combine [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]May[/name_f] and do [name_f]Margot[/name_f] nicknamed may!
[name_u]June[/name_u] - I love [name_u]June[/name_u]! She’s short and spunky, while still being soft and cosy!

From your list my favorites are [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f], and [name_f]Margot[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] “Nora” or just [name_f]Nora[/name_f] would be my first pick for you — either one would be just perfect with your son’s name!

[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] “Allie” is another good match, as a strong, timeless classic with a charming, down-to-earth nickname — just like [name_u]William[/name_u] “Liam”.

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] is also lovely and sounds sweet with [name_u]William[/name_u].

I think those get my votes for your shortlist! But, really, any of these would be a great choice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I personally LOVE william and [name_u]Clare[/name_u] or willian and [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] (NN Nora). I also think [name_u]June[/name_u] is really cute, and could work as maybe a middle name for either of those names.
Really cute list!

[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] are my favorites with [name_u]William[/name_u].

1 Like

I love how you described [name_f]Clara[/name_f] as being whimsical, I haven’t been able to think of the right word! And I do keep coming back to Eleanora/Nora as being a matching pair with William/Liam. I LOVE the suggestion of [name_f]May[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Margot[/name_f]- I had never even thought of that- And I’m obsessed!! It also made me think of them together “Margot May” which might be too cutesy or too much alliteration. But either way I’m loving the idea of being able to use both.

1 Like

With [name_u]William[/name_u] “Liam” I’m loving [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] “Nora” and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] with the suggestion of nn “May” - they are both super sweet! I also love [name_f]Clara[/name_f], but with [name_u]William[/name_u] I prefer the other 2!

1 Like

You are right, I do feel like both Eleanora/Nora and Alexandra/Allie fit William/Liam as names very well! I think I’m most hesitant bc we have a very long last name that is Greek and difficult to spell. Having a shorter nickname they can use does make them more appealing to me though. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] I keep coming back to as well because she feels so classic yet has a sparkle :sparkles:

1 Like

Yes- [name_u]June[/name_u] would be a great middle for any of the names !

1 Like

You have a beautiful list :bouquet:

However my favourites are for brother [name_u]William[/name_u] ‘Liam’ [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] & [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f].

I think with [name_u]William[/name_u] ‘Liam’ you really need a classic name with that all important nickname. You have lots of beautiful options but I feel you do need a name that meets that criteria to just feel more cohesive therefore these two are just perfect.

[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] is gorgeous very classic, unexpected, majestic and graceful. I love the range of beautiful nicknames however [name_f]Nora[/name_f] is sweet. [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] & [name_u]William[/name_u] feels very timeless. If I remember correctly [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] has sentimental value for you so this makes [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] feel even more perfect.

[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] is absolutely stunning she’s regal, elegant, timeless, classic and visually attractive. [name_f]My[/name_f] [name_u]Angel[/name_u] baby is named [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] so of course as I chose her for my own child I clearly love her. [name_u]Allie[/name_u] is a sweet nickname. [name_u]William[/name_u] & [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] are gorgeous together so regal.

I would take both [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] ‘Nora’ and [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] ‘Allie’ into the delivery room see which name works.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] 3 favorites from your list are [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] (Nora), [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. They all work great with [name_u]William[/name_u]!

1 Like

This is such a thoughtful and sweet comment !! I think I’ve been most hesitant to stick with one of those names because we have a very long and difficult to spell Greek last name (4 syllables). Anything paired with it feels like a mouthful already :rofl: So the idea of something short and easy to spell appealed to me. But I do 100% see exactly what you are saying about them being the PERFECT pair with William/Liam. Which is why (if you look back thru my posts) you see me mentioning them again and again. Maybe just knowing that she could eventually choose a shorter nickname option to go by is good enough?

1 Like

I love Mae/May, [name_f]Nora[/name_f], and [name_u]June[/name_u] from your list- but they’re honestly all great options that I think fit beautifully with William/Liam, so you truly can’t go wrong!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f] & [name_u]June[/name_u]! [name_u]June[/name_u] possibly my favourite but I think [name_f]Margot[/name_f] works better with [name_u]William[/name_u]. I like [name_f]May[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] & [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] more as middles though (if you are using middles)

1 Like

I have a [name_f]Margot[/name_f] so I’m biased to that, but [name_u]William[/name_u] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] sound so sweet together !

1 Like

I love [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] nn [name_f]Nora[/name_f] with [name_u]William[/name_u] nn [name_u]Liam[/name_u].
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] round out my top three

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] best in that order

1 Like

With [name_u]William[/name_u] NN [name_u]Liam[/name_u], my top 3 would be:

1. [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] NN [name_f]Nora[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Margot[/name_f] NN [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Clara[/name_f]

But really I like all the names on your list!