Yes or no; Sibyl Damaris Lily

What’s the Nameberry lowdown on these three together? If you’re interested in a bit of context;

[name_f]Sibyl[/name_f] was originally an afterthought and a way to get to [name_u]Billie[/name_u] for me, but she’s now a permanent feature on my list I’m very much in love with. I love the spiritual and feminist history. [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] was another name that joined my list as an afterthought, a more usable alternative to Damla (gorgeous but too Turkish). It’s stuck around because of how elegantly feminine she is; I think first of the model [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] Goddrie, and then of the metaphysical philosopher [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] Cudworth who I’ve always admired.

Finally, [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. I’ve had a love-hate relationship with [name_f]Lily[/name_f] for some reason, I always found her to be a bit floppy and overrated of the flower names. But on the other hand, lilies are my mother’s favourite flowers, and [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is objectively a lovely name. It hasn’t been on my list for several years but something about this combo seems perfect. [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] was a bit clunky, whereas [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] feels fresh and gorgeous. I still feel as if [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is a little functional though.

Basically, yes or no on [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]? Any alternatives for a third middle you think I might like?

Sorry for bombarding the boards with combo questions recently, my list is undergoing some fundamental changes to configuration :slight_smile:

Would you consider changing the order around? The names are lovely, but for me, the L from [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] blends a bit with the L from [name_f]Lily[/name_f].
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] seems to flow better, or even [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u]

I think [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] works just fine. The fact that you’re ambivalent about [name_f]Lily[/name_f] kind of makes me apprehensive about giving it an emphatic yes though. There’s no harm in letting it hang around on your list to see if it grows on you, but I wouldn’t settle for the combo if I wasn’t completely satisfied with all of the names personally.

If your other combos are negotiable, then I think [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] also sounds lovely. As far as names that mean [name_f]Lily[/name_f] that you might be able to substitute in her place, there’s [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]/[name_f]Lilliana[/name_f]/[name_f]Lilia[/name_f], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], and [name_f]Sookie[/name_f]. For names with the same short, fresh feel as [name_f]Lily[/name_f], there’s [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Lila/name_f, [name_f]Nell[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f]/(a), [name_f]Etta[/name_f], [name_f]Faye[/name_f], and [name_f]Juno[/name_f].

It’s not much, but I hope this helps!

Yes for me! I really like this combo, and it sounds like it has some powerful meanings behind it for you!

Alternate suggestions:

[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] Demaris [name_f]Amy[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] Demaris [name_u]Sasha[/name_u]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] Demaris [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] Demaris [name_f]Susan[/name_f]

I think Sibyl Damaris Lily is perfect! Damaris adds to Sibyl’s feistiness, and Lily finishes the name nicely. Seeing as Lily is more normal, I think it sounds more interesting in the middle spot with a more unusual first and middle.

Just wanted to add I love Sibyl and Damaris!

[name_f]Sibyl[/name_f] is a wonderful name and is on my list too! Not too keen on [name_u]Damaris[/name_u], but the flow of the name is lovely

I absolutely adore it! It’s really beautifully grounded.

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f], but [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is beautiful.

Yes, yes, thousand times yes. It’s gorgeous.

I think it’s really nice and unexpected. I say it’s a yes.

[name_f]Sibyl[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] [name_f]Maud[/name_f]?

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the first two but find [name_f]Lily[/name_f] insipid.

[name_f]Sibyl[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is lovely!

You say you were initially looking for a way to get to [name_u]Billie[/name_u] when you discovered your love for [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f]. It’s no coincidence then, that [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_u]Billie[/name_u] are basically the same name with one letter difference (aloud)! So, if your daughter named [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] will be called [name_u]Billie[/name_u] for all intents and purposes, you likely won’t miss [name_f]Lily[/name_f] once she’s born.

I like [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. But I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u], and I’m a fan of double middle names!

I think that [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] is the kind of name that really takes off into planes of ethereal beauty once there is a real person wearing it! [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] is sleek and sophisticated. It’s also modern because of its lack of frills and the fact that [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] is unisex and ends in “ess”, both of which are trends now.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] wondering, do you like the name [name_f]Lilith[/name_f]? It has the same vibe as both [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] and [name_u]Damaris[/name_u], plus it has similar sounds as [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. I also want to suggest [name_f]Iris[/name_f], just in general, although it doesn’t with [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u]. The name [name_u]June[/name_u] also has an association to [name_f]Lily[/name_f], as does the name [name_u]Day[/name_u].

Brainstorm:
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] [name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] [name_f]Ava[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_f]Francine[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_u]Day[/name_u]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u]

Yes! I think [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is gorgeous!!!

[name_f]Sibyl[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is absolutely stunning!

[name_f]Sibyl[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is absolutely gorgeous, I think it’s definitely a keeper!

[name_f]Sibyl[/name_f] [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is gorgeous!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f]/[name_f]Sybil[/name_f]. Great choice!

I am personally not a fan of the name ([name_f]Lily[/name_f] is actually my favorite part of it, although I much prefer [name_f]Lila[/name_f]). [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] sounds like “civil” to me, and I’m not a fan of [name_u]Damaris[/name_u], either - anything that closes with an “r” usually doesn’t sound good to me (except for [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] for some reason).