YES or NO

See the results of this poll: Leighton Ever Augustine?

Respondents: 104 (This poll is closed)

• I love it : 12 (12%)
  • I like it : 31 (30%)
  • I have a better suggestion : 7 (7%)
  • Noooo: 54 (52%)

I think the -ton ending with the -tine ending is too similar.

[name]Leighton[/name] [name]Augustine[/name] is too similar in ending. She would be better being called [name]Augustine[/name] [name]Leighton[/name], much more sophisticated and better worn on a girl. Thumbs down I’m sorry.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Leah[/name] or [name]Leighton[/name] with a more feminine middle name such as [name]Eva[/name]

I don’t see anything feminine at all in this combo, so that’s a big ‘no’ from me, sorry.

I agree with the other posters. I can’t tell just by looking that this is a girl, and the similar endings in [name]Leighton[/name] and [name]Augustine[/name] bother me a bit.

Really dislike [name]Leighton[/name]. [name]Ever[/name] is really cute. [name]How[/name] about [name]Ever[/name] [name]Leighton[/name]?

For me, [name]Leah[/name] or [name]Leigh[/name] does everything nice about [name]Leighton[/name] while also skipping the repetitive end sound.

I get what people are saying about the ending sounds, but it doesnt seem like a big deal to me when I say it out loud. Also, I never would have doubted this was a girls name. I like it.

I had no idea if this was a girl or boy name…I don’t think its girly at all…

Its alright. The flow and style sound fine to me. However, the major draw back I can see is that [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Augustine[/name] is going to be a lot to write on all of her future homework assignments. After signing her name half a million times before she graduates she might wish she had something shorter.

I like it! I love that it’s not traditional, but it’s quite elegant. Go for it.

I just don’t see how [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Ever[/name] sounds manly in the least bit…but I guess I need to go with something girly for a middle name for [name]Leighton[/name]. I just don’t want to name my daughter [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Esmerelda[/name] [name]Primrose[/name]. And I hate the name [name]Leah[/name]. Also I pronounce it [name]LAY[/name] TON

^ this. [name]Leighton[/name] and [name]Ever[/name] aren’t very clear to me in terms of gender, and it took me a moment to work out that [name]Augustine[/name] is a feminisation. [name]How[/name] about [name]Leila[/name] [name]Ever[/name] [name]Augustine[/name]? Or [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Evalyn[/name] [name]Augustine[/name]?

If [name]Augustine[/name] is pronounced au-[name]GUS[/name]-tin, then I agree that the endings of it and [name]Leighton[/name] are too similar. If it’s AU-gus-teen, then I don’t really see a huge problem.

[name]Leighton[/name] sounds pretty feminine to me, as lasts-as-firsts go. I sure wouldn’t use it for a boy these days, anyway. For me, the problem is not so much that the name as a whole is too gender-neutral as that it just seems a little heavy and clunky.

I voted no. I don’t like [name]Leighton[/name] and [name]Ever[/name] together.

No, no, no, [name]Augustine[/name] is the last name I’m sorry. the name would be pronounced lay-tin eh-ver aw-gus-teen.

I can understand how the endings would bother someone if we pronounced it lee-tin a-gus-tin but its lay ton augasteeeeennn
teen and ton do not bother me. tin and tin do, obviously.

[name]Leighton[/name] [name]Augustine[/name] is fine to me, sound wise. [name]Augustine[/name] is a fab surname by the way! Our surname is [name]Morgan[/name] so a lot of people think all “n” ending first names sound bad with it, but while I wouldn’t use a name like [name]Orson[/name], I’d use [name]Harlan[/name] or [name]Quentin[/name] so I get where you’re coming from. [name]Tin[/name] and tin would be too much, ton and teen are fine.

I actually like [name]Ever[/name] and always think of it as feminine. I’d use it as a middle myself for a girl and really can’t imagine it on a boy which says a lot since I quite like softer names on boys (e.g. [name]Ellis[/name]) and don’t usually like masculine names on girls.

[name]Leighton[/name] isn’t my favourite but I don’t dislike it either. Generally I think of it as a boys name, having known 3 male [name]Leighton[/name]'s and no female ones in my life. But then I think of pretty actress [name]Leighton[/name] Meester and it feels like it could work on a girl, so if it’s the one you love, then go for it!

I also like the suggestion of [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Eva[/name] and would suggest [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Ava[/name] or [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Everly[/name] also. [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Eva[/name] does feel that bit more feminine and timeless but I do really like [name]Ever[/name]. I would just probably prefer [name]Ever[/name] paired with something classicly feminine like [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Ever[/name] or [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Ever[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Don[/name]'t mind it I guess, but I think just [name]Leigh[/name] would be nicer :slight_smile: