YES or NO

It reminds me of “better late than never.” [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Ever[/name]. What about [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Everly[/name]? Or [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name], [name]Leighton[/name] Evania…those middles are all more clearly girly.

I had to double check which forum I was in before I voted. The only real life [name]Leighton[/name] I’ve known was male and when you pair it with [name]Ever[/name] it seems extremely masculine. [name]Leora[/name] or [name]Leona[/name] would be a lot nicer [name]IMO[/name].

I probably have a different response than any of the others. My name is [name]Leigh[/name] and it is a very frustrating name to have. I get “lee” “lay” “leah” and even have had some people pronouce is lee-g (hard g sound).

therefore, I would steer anyone away from a name with leigh in it.

In my opinion almost any name can be butchered. If you like a name, that shouldn’t be a factor. My name is [name]Chloe[/name]. And that name gets misspelled or pronounced more than you would probably think. Most often it is spelled C H O L E or CLHOE. I’ve had people pronounce it [name]Clo[/name], Cloah, Chole-ee, Choo-lee. I literally could not care less. Doesn’t effect me at all in the least bit. If the person who says it wrong is someone important, they’ll obviously be corrected and go on with life. People act like it’s such a dramatic thing. [name]Leighton[/name] wouldn’t be misspelled THAT often, it’s a fairly obvious name. I can understand a name like [name]Xanthe[/name] or [name]Bronte[/name]. Leeg? With a hard g? I’m sorry but I would probably just write them off as dim.

I would choose [name]Everly[/name] instead lf [name]Ever[/name]. It flows better. Good luck!

The only pronunciation problems I can imagine are [name]LEE[/name]-ton instead of [name]LAY[/name]-ton. I say, and prefer, [name]LAY[/name]-ton. It’s not a big deal though I agree and can’t see it having as many problems as previous posters have implied. I personally don’t like [name]Leigh[/name] at all on a girl. And [name]Leah[/name] is nice, but a little boring. And anyway, you love [name]Leighton[/name], so go with your gut! :slight_smile:

I think everyone will say [name]Lee[/name]-ton. It says [name]Leighton[/name] after all, that’s the most common spelling. I doubt very much you will get [name]Lay[/name]-ton but maybe you should run a poll for the pronunciation. This is not a good pick in my opinion.

Like I said previously I’m not that concerned, [name]Lee[/name]-ton doesn’t exactly sound terrible anyway haha and all I would have to do is correct them…

I think people focus way too much on how the First name sounds with the Middle name. [name]IRL[/name], the only time your whole name is ever announced to a crowd is when you graduate or get married. 80% of the people you meet will only know your first and last name (maybe they’ll see your initial on an application, but they’ll immediately forget it).

[name]Leighton[/name] [name]Augustine[/name] is ok, (if you love then go with it no matter what anyone else says) but I personally think a one syllable first name would pair better with a three syllable last name like [name]Augustine[/name]. Adding more to the middle name, like [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Augustine[/name] as was suggested above, is way too much for one name. I pity the child who has to learn to spell that one day.

I wouldn’t worry about it being too unisex for a girl either. You could call her [name]Tom[/name] [name]Brady[/name] and she still wont suddenly grow a Y chromosome. Everyone she meets will know she’s a girl.

I voted no. [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Ever[/name] [name]Augustine[/name] sounds like a man’s name to me. Sorry.

I also heard the “late than never” thing. What about [name]Ever[/name] [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Augustine[/name]? [name]Eve[/name] [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Augustine[/name]?

I voted that I loved the name, but I don’t feel it’s a girl name. I would love it on a boy! Great name though!

I prefer girl names to sound girly. I’m not a fan of unisex names or making boy names into girl names. That’s just my taste though. If you like more masculine names for girls than this is a great pick.

I like [name]Leighton[/name] but not [name]Ever[/name].

Sorry, I prefer girly distinctly feminine names.