Yes or no?

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Amanda[/name_f].

Not feeling it…[name_f]Ivette[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]? (nn [name_f]Ivy[/name_f])

Neh. I like both name on their own. But together, they just don’t do it for me.

I love [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], and [name_f]Amanda[/name_f] is fine, but together the combo is sort of flat. For the same sort of sound I like – [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Amandine[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] Amana, [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] Amancia, [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] Amandla

I agree with the others, [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is great. [name_m]Just[/name_m] not loving the combo.

Thanks. I love the name [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and definitely want to use it as a first name.

I’m struggling with a middle name that flows nicely with the surname [name_m]Phillips[/name_m].

Any suggestions?

No. Unless [name_f]Amanda[/name_f] is a really special name to you that honors someone.

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Alessandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Ariella[/name_f]

Good luck!

I think the sound is very pretty and they compliment eachother well.

I love this suggestion of [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Amandine[/name_f]!

No. Sorry, I don’t like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] at all… parasitic clinging vines and poison blisters? No thank you. [name_f]Amanda[/name_f] is just (and I hate to say this about a name that was popular when I was growing up) very dated now, I wouldn’t use it unless honoring someone. [name_f]Amandine[/name_f] is a nice suggestion.

I love the combo! Classic [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and modern [name_f]Amanda[/name_f] work really well together imo.

I adore [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], but I don’t love [name_f]Amanda[/name_f] and since the two names have such contrasting styles they don’t work well together at all, sorry. I’m intrigued by the suggestion of [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Amandine[/name_f], however.

I love [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] but [name_f]Amanda[/name_f] isn’t my style at all. I think there’s something that would flow better with [name_f]Ivy[/name_f].

Awe :frowning: [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] sounds so beautiful to me…I envision beautiful climbing vines. It’s so sweet & has a lovely sound imo…plus I love that it means fidelity & loyalty!
I have a sweet little [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] though so I’m a bit biased;)

I love [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], but I’ve never really liked [name_f]Amanda[/name_f]. It’s so 80’s to me. I would keep on searching for a middle.

Yes [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], No [name_f]Amanda[/name_f].

No. [name_f]Amanda[/name_f] takes a lot away from [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] feel beautiful and fresh still, [name_f]Amanda[/name_f] just feels dated to me.

Its a no sorry. I get called [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] as a joke name [name_f]Ebony[/name_f] to [name_u]Ivory[/name_u] to [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. And [name_f]Amanda[/name_f] is dated. What about: [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] or the initials IV like [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f].

[name_f]Amanda[/name_f] has been in constant Top 1000 usage since 1880. It’s fairly classic, and I certainly prefer it to [name_u]Addison[/name_u]/[name_u]Avery[/name_u] etc. that are more popular at the moment.

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Amarantha[/name_f] or [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Araminta[/name_f] would be more rare but I think there’s something tailored and attractive about [name_f]Amanda[/name_f]. I feel the same way about [name_f]Alice[/name_f], which would work with [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], and about [name_f]Amy[/name_f], which doesn’t.

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is one of my all-time favourite names so I can’t be objective about it. In Victorian flower language it meant fidelity/faithfulness. It makes me picture cottages or mysterious half-forgotten mansions. Yet it doesn’t sound so magically bizarre it would be hard to explain in daily life. It has its [name_m]Art[/name_m] Nouveau fairy princess side, but it could also go into politics or finance. It’s a winner for me.

I do wonder if Nameberry would be more receptive to [name_f]Miranda[/name_f], though, which has Shakespearean cred and [name_f]Amanda[/name_f] doesn’t?

I think it’s okay, but just okay. [name_f]Amanda[/name_f] always falls flat to me. Unless you are using it to honor someone special, I’d say no.

I don’t really like [name_f]Amandine[/name_f] much, but I think it’s better than [name_f]Amanda[/name_f]. I do like the suggestions of [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], though. [name_m]Both[/name_m] of those flow nicely and are gorgeous, and they sound good with [name_m]Phillips[/name_m].