Ygritte or Igrid?

I have a massive crush on the name Ygritte as I love the Game of Thrones character. The thing is, I love the sound of it but I’m not fond of the spelling. As it really is a hard name to spell, I’ve considered other spellings like Igrid, Igritte and Ygrid. My favourite of them all is Igrid but is it too close to [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]?
[name_m]How[/name_m] would you spell it? It’s pronounced ig-rit with emphasis on the first syllable

Igrid is too close to [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f], and I kind of want to say iGrid (like iPhone) like it’s a new kind of [name_f]Apple[/name_f] produced grid making thing. :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m not into the spelling of Ygritte either, but Igritte seems a little better, maybe even Igritt? Reminds me of Igraine, [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]'s mother.

Ygrit is also a little better, but saying it aloud so much makes me think of [name_m]Hagrid[/name_m]. ^^
Maybe you like [name_f]Sigrid[/name_f]? It has the hard G sound of Ygritte in a way [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] doesn’t.

I have never heard the name [name_f]Sigrid[/name_f] before! It’s quite nice although it kind of sounds like cigarette

Personally I would go with Egret! But I think Ygrit, Ygrid, and Egritte are nice too.

I agree about the apple-product sound of Igrid.

If I am right when pronouncing it, I would use Igritte. I’m not sure it’s a name but I like how it looks and only takes away one letter, and I love the -tte ending.
Igrid sounds very close to [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f], which is not my favourite name. I prefer the ‘it’ ending sound.

I would spell it Igritte or Igrit if you want to pronounce it ig-rit. I would say Igrid ig-rid, which is similar, but noticeably different. My first thought at seeing Igrid was wondering if you meant [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] and made a typo. I would prefer [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] to Igrid though, and it’s still close enough to the character’s name to associate with her.