YIKES! Boy, not girl at 32.5 weeks!

So we had our anatomy scan at the end of [name]October[/name] and it was a girl (with no question). Last [name]Monday[/name] we found out that it is, in fact, a boy! We are now at 6.5 weeks until he’s due and we have NO GOOD name options. The only name my husband said he likes is [name]Walter[/name] which is totally not my style. He doesn’t like “preppy” sounding names. I don’t like names that are really popular. Our last name begins with an N and we don’t love names that end in the “n” sound as it runs together with the start of our last name.

I know that’s a lot of criteria, but help us please! I’m afraid this sweet little boy will never have a name!

Can you list some names you and your husband like and ones you dislike to get a feel for what you might be interested in?

I think this will give people a better idea of what youre searching for and we can pick up on themes you might not even be aware of :slight_smile:

Maybe …

Wilf (Possibly as a nickname for [name]Wilfred[/name], but I think that just Wilf would work fine on its own and might be easier to carry off than [name]Wilfred[/name].)
[name]Abram[/name] / [name]Abraham[/name]
[name]Calder[/name]
[name]Thayer[/name]
[name]Nye[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Wiley[/name]
[name]Lowell[/name]
[name]Boaz[/name]
[name]Chester[/name]
[name]Anselm[/name] / [name]Ansel[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Sayer[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Carlisle[/name] / [name]Carlyle[/name]
[name]Angus[/name]
[name]Tamerlane[/name]
[name]Adlai[/name]
[name]Fergus[/name]
[name]Iver[/name] / [name]Ivor[/name]
Carrick
[name]Brand[/name]
[name]Otto[/name]
[name]Bernard[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Kerr[/name]
[name]Warrick[/name] / Warwick

Any names you have strong feelings toward? [name]Walter[/name] is not a lot of go on! Some that come to mind that aren’t really popular (not sure what he would classify as “preppy” so I am going to do my best!) but have the same feel as [name]Walter[/name] to me…

[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Balthasar[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Alfred[/name]
[name]Humphrey[/name]
[name]Eugene[/name]
[name]Seymour[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Julius[/name]

[name]How[/name] about we meet in the middle and don’t go down the preppy path or the vintage path?

Some ideas

[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Hamish[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]!!!
[name]Max[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Jonathan[/name] nn [name]Nate[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Harry[/name]
[name]William[/name] nn [name]Will[/name]
[name]Joshua[/name]

rollo

My brother-in-law is a [name]Walter[/name] (the third) and really wanted his son to be a [name]Walter[/name]. My sister in law was not so keen on this (cannot blame her) so they settled on [name]Wyatt[/name].
Woudl your husband like this?

[name]Leo[/name]!

Best wishes!

Out of curiosity, what was the girl’s name you had picked out?