Your Absolute Favourite Name

([name_u]New[/name_u] account, used to be Strawberryjamsandwic, but got fed up with the cut off h)

Some of you will already know that I’m utterly obsessed with the name [name_f]Rose[/name_f], it’s the only name I’ve ever been 100% on, it’s been my favourite since I was 11, originally for it’s connection to my Grandma, but since I’ve fallen in love with everything else about it - at the top it’s stayed.

I love it to the point that I’m not sure I could find a name I love anywhere near as much, so! The purpose of this here post is to ask, do you have a name like that? If you’ve already had kids, did you get to use it? What happened with sibling names?

I’m quite interested :relaxed:

6 Likes

Coincidentally, mine is also [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! :blush:
For boys, I don’t think anything will ever come close to topping [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]. ([name_m]Philip[/name_m] is getting kind of close though.)

4 Likes

Nice one! [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]’s a pretty cool one too, I can see why it’s hard to beat.

1 Like

Remy, for me. I can’t use it for a girl so it’ll be the name of my first boy. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if my SO wanted a different name I wouldn’t budge.

1 Like

For boys, [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] would have to be in a name somewhere. Family connections and I love it, it’s all I’ve imagined for years.

For girls, [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] is a name I keep coming back to. I’m not sure I’ll ever quite top it but we’ll see.

1 Like

That’s a, how the kids say, a “big mood”, [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a requirement for a relationship to get to the kids stage for me, and I absolutely would not compromise with it as a middle name.

Joseph and [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] are lovely, my nephew complains about having [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] as a middle name but I think he’s crazy not to like it tbh.

I do like [name_f]Rose[/name_f], since it’s a family name(both mine and my biological great grandma, [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]). I would use it as a first or middle name, but I think I would do [name_f]Rosetta[/name_f](little rose), or [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]. I’d probably do [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] “[name_f]Cece[/name_f]”(after my nana) [name_f]Rosetta[/name_f], or [name_u]Frankie[/name_u](after my mom) [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f].

For boys, my top would be [name_u]Axel[/name_u], or [name_m]Reuben[/name_m]. I don’t think I’d budge on either names.

1 Like

I think my long-standing love for [name_m]Simon[/name_m] has never wavered.

3 Likes

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] have been my favourite names for the past 5.5ish years. I don’t see that changing - they just have my heart :heartpulse: I did try to find a replacement for [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] a few times because I hate his popularity, but found that to be impossible lol

3 Likes

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]'s mine - [name_m]Roald[/name_m] Dahl’s ‘[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]’ was a big part of my childhood and it’s stuck with me ever since. I know some people aren’t a fan because it has quite harsh sounds but honestly it’s one of the only names that I could picture myself using if I got the chance. Like others, I also love [name_f]Rose[/name_f]; it’s a name I can’t ever imagine disliking, and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] has been on my list for ages.

For a boy, [name_m]Percival[/name_m] nn [name_u]Percy[/name_u] has been with me for years, both for the sound and also in honour of some characters that I’ve connected with. I also love [name_u]Remy[/name_u], again in reference to a character (it seems to be a theme with my favourites haha), but my hesitation with [name_u]Remy[/name_u] mainly stems from the fact that it’s not quite the same style as my other favourites. However, I also firmly believe that sibsets don’t necessarily have to be entirely cohesive and that it’s more important to just use names that you love, so it’s something that I’m constantly warring with haha.

Myy boys’ names aren’t quite as stable as my girls’, though, and so I feel like [name_m]Percival[/name_m] or [name_u]Remy[/name_u] could slip in a few years, whereas I can’t imagine not wanting to use [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. (I say ‘wanting to use’ because I’m planning on adopting so, likelihood is, I won’t be naming any children of mine in the future, which isn’t something I’m bothered by.) But, yes, [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is my overall, #1 name.

7 Likes

So my absolute favourite girl name is Rose. I honestly love Rose so so much it’s beautiful, classic and timeless. But Rose has been used so much in my social circle that I just feel that I cannot use the name as Rose feels taken. I’m pregnant and have an inkling the baby could be a girl (I could be completely & utterly wrong) and I wanted to honour both Elizabeth & a Rose which is where the lovely berries came in and suggested Rosebeth which I love. So I get my Rose yay :raised_hands:t4::raised_hands:t4:

For boys it’s Noah which I know is very popular and probably boring for many berries but I just love Noah. It’s handsome, feels outdoorsy and fresh. Noah Ark is my favourite biblical story as a child. I just love Noah! So if this baby turned out to be a boy then his name will most likely be Noah. It’s just perfect!

7 Likes

For boys, [name_m]Jack[/name_m] has been a long favorite. I keep on coming back to it!

For girls, [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f] are names I have loved for forever. Also, [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] ever since I saw a few years ago has been a name I could picture on a future daughter and keep coming back too. I am a lot more indecisive about girl names lol so have many favorites.

2 Likes

Jude and [name_f]Aisling[/name_f] are my forever faves (since I was a kid), and the combos I have for them currently are quite long-standing, too - [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_u]Perrin[/name_u] [name_m]Heathcliff[/name_m] and [name_f]Aisling[/name_f] [name_u]Echo[/name_u] [name_u]Endellion[/name_u].

3 Likes

@handlion Those combos are stunning! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Coincidentally, [name_u]Endellion[/name_u] is my ultimate GP favourite ever name. I just love everything about it — the strong, ethereal sound, the amazing meaning, the rarity, the long history and Cornish heritage. But I’d only use it in the middle spot.

[name_u]Sasha[/name_u] for a boy is my one that got away, and my favourite “for real life use” name. I don’t regret not using it for my son, who suits his actual name down to the ground, but I’d almost have another child just to name him [name_u]Sasha[/name_u]! (Obviously, this is not an adequate reason and so we won’t be having a #4, but a name nerd can dream!) :wink:

8 Likes

[name_m]Lars[/name_m] and [name_u]Asa[/name_u] is mine. I’ve loved these name since I was a little girl and have never found a name I love to compare it too. Husband doesnt like either name and loves longer names like [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_m]Leopold[/name_m], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] etc. I also like them but I’d put them as a middle name which comes down to me never being set on boy’s name and always trying to look for a better one. But I just go right back to [name_m]Lars[/name_m] and [name_u]Alfie[/name_u].
Girls names I love so many and have the opposite issue. Id say [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] is my go to girl name but again, not my husband’s style. It makes me sad.

2 Likes

The names like this for me are [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] and [name_m]Evander[/name_m]. THey just are…I don’t know, no names compare. On a scale of one to ten where my favorite name is 100, [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] and [name_m]Evander[/name_m] are 1,000,000! They are higher than my favorites they are connected to me deeply. They will 100% be my first kids names!

4 Likes

Mine is [name_u]Saige[/name_u] for a girl and [name_m]Simon[/name_m] for a boy! [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is pretty.

1 Like

Sarai! There’s nothing I love more

4 Likes

Evangeline!

2 Likes