Your absolute, number one, favourite name!

Alright, so I know this is probably really hard for everyone, but if you HAD to choice your top girls name, what would it be? If it helps, you can write the runner-ups, too!

As for me, I have absolutely no clue. Most likely [name]Violet[/name] [name]Graciella[/name] [name]Hope[/name] - [name]Violet[/name] I like, [name]Graciella[/name] after my mom, and [name]Hope[/name] after me.
But then of course there’s the problem of wanting her to have her own, non-family middle name… oh, the choices!

*Please include middles!

Definitely [name]Linnea[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. All of my names combine family and preference names, but that one has to be my favorite. It’s so simple and beautiful and I just love to say it.

(The other two likelys are: [name]Lyra[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Mae[/name].)

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Jennie[/name], I also find [name]Linnea[/name] a gorgeous name.But what IS the proper pronounciation?Is it [name]Linn[/name] e a ? Today my favourite name is [name]Celia[/name] .But I’m not sure if I prefer just [name]Celia[/name] or [name]Cecilia[/name] ,for older classic names I find them cool and jaunty and they sound refreshing in the current sea of Avas etc.

This is literally impossible! Okay. If I absolutely had to pick one… right now, it would be…

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]

Runners up:

[name]Julia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]

But there are hundreds more that I [name]LOVE[/name]!

as for pronunciations…how do you say [name]Celia[/name]… “seal-ya” or “seal-ee-a” ? Thanks!

I think my absolute would have to be…
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Lily[/name].
Although my mind is always changing on the middle name. [name]Nora[/name] will hopefully stay forever though!

[name]Just[/name] one…!!!

[name]Annie[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
or [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

[name]Just[/name] to reiterate.The pronounciation question was for [name]Linnea[/name] not [name]Celia[/name].lol but thanks anyway.

I realize you were asking about [name]Linnea[/name], but I was asking about [name]Celia[/name]…I’ve never been sure how to pronounce it, thanks!

Hands down, [name]Rose[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]. If I have a girl, this will be her name.

I have more trouble with potential sisters if I have more than one girl…[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Faye[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Elaine[/name], [name]Celeste[/name] [name]Marion[/name]…

These are my 5 faves, can’t decide which I like best, but [name]Kaia[/name] is definitely my fave girl name!

[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Luca[/name] [name]Rae[/name]
[name]Esme[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] Everleigh
[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Kate[/name]

My favorite right now:

[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Harper[/name]

To M25111, Sorry ,I read your question as an answer.I say [name]Celia[/name] as [name]Seal[/name]-ya but maybe it can also be pr. as See lee a , I don’t know?Actually the latter may sound even prettier although unfamiliar to me.Good question for some name nerds!

DITO!!

If it wasnt for the fact of trying to please both UK and French families, I would say

" [name]Capucine[/name] " but will end up bieng Cappucino in UK?!
or
" [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name]" for UK but will end up being called “Fatty” in [name]France[/name]?!

Cant win ! Boohoo

[name]Veronica[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] - at least it would be my fave this morning.

My absolute, number one, favorite name for girls is:
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

Number two:
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]

If it wasnt so popular it would be [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] but since it is I have to go with [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

Girl: [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Colleen[/name] ([name]Colleen[/name] after my great grandma) nn L.C. (like [name]Elsie[/name])

boy: [name]John[/name] [name]Stephen[/name] ([name]John[/name] honors great Grandpa (his surname was [name]Johnson[/name]) [name]Stephen[/name] honors my dad. I also like [name]John[/name] [name]Russell[/name] [name]Stephen[/name] nn J.R. ([name]Russell[/name] is after my hubby)

It’s really hard to choose one. Sometimes, I think [name]Elena[/name], or [name]Lena[/name]. Then I ponder the qualities of [name]Alexandra[/name]. I called [name]Sara[/name] my #1 for a long time, but I think it’s not anymore. [name]Sara[/name] has a lot of qualities I consider perfect for a name, short but pretty, not a lot more than a [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Anna[/name], but just enough that I think it’s not too plain. I like having a short name to say that cuts out all the extraneous parts of [name]Katherine[/name], which is why I prefer [name]Sara[/name] with no H. I tend to prefer names with the similar qualities I like about my own name. I think I have shifted over to [name]Lena[/name], but there is something I’m not sure about it.

Wonder what [name]Alexandra[/name] is doing there? That is 4 syllable giant name compared to what I usually like. I don’t know, I guess that is my “catch-all” big name with all the nickname options. There are no bad nicknames (imo) in [name]Alexandra[/name], compared with [name]Elizabeth[/name] - I tend to prefer the [name]Beth[/name] end and not altogether fond of the [name]Eliza[/name] end, so I’ve never loved it for that reason. I’ve only considered [name]Alexandra[/name] for about a month or two, it hasn’t really been on my mind as a favorite for years and years, but it’s appealing to me a lot and so we’ll call that my favorite name right now.

As for middle names, I never think of them. I suppose when it is time, it will have to be more meaningful than something I would just regard as “favorite,” so I just never think of them.

I’ve found two pronunciations, and as far as I know, both of them are right:

[name]LINN[/name]-ee-ya
or
[name]Linn[/name]-AY-ah

I definitely prefer [name]Linn[/name]-AY-ah because the [name]LINN[/name]-ee-ya pronunciation is very Swedish so you need the lilt in order for it to sound right. [name]Linn[/name]-AY-ah is much easier to say elsewhere.