Your babies' special names

Mommies,
If you’re on here you probably love names and you most likey searched long and hard for all your babies’ perfect names. I just had a daughter and named her [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Zofia[/name]. I loved that [name]Sofia[/name] means wisdom but was really put off by it’s popularity and loved the flair of the name with a Z. Plus it is Polish, which my husband’s family is so I loved honoring my baby’s ancestry. [name]Hazel[/name] has always been on my list ever since I heard [name]Julia[/name] [name]Roberts[/name] named her little girl that. I love that it is a nature name and an eye color to brag about. Also, my husband vetoed every other name I loved but adored this one.

Now that I’ve shared my story I would [name]LOVE[/name] to hear yours! Let’s see what names finally won your hearts for your long awaited little ones. <3

Hello [name]Hazel[/name]'s Mom

Before we found out our baby’s gender, the names I liked were [name]Cooper[/name] and [name]Finn[/name] for a boy and [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Tilly[/name] (I guess I would have used Matlida on BC) for a girl. My DH wasn’t interested in going over names until we knew the gender of the baby. Once we knew we were having a son, [name]Cooper[/name] and [name]Finn[/name] were quickly vetoed by DH. He suggested [name]Axel[/name]/[name]Axl[/name], yep he got it from the TV show ‘The Middle’. I actually liked it and then grew to love it. We really didn’t worry about spelling, DH liked [name]Axl[/name] best and I didn’t mind, all my friends spelled it that way when they sent me texts asking about the baby, so I went with it. [name]Axl[/name]'s middle name is [name]John[/name]. His paternal great-grandfather, paternal grandfather are [name]John[/name] and it is also DH’s middle name. So that’s it, [name]Axl[/name] [name]John[/name], born [name]December[/name] 2010.

[name]Aimee[/name]

[name]LOVE[/name] IT!

This thread is interesting!
I’m half Irish, half Italian, and I was researching family history when I found out my grandma’s great grandma (sorry thats a bit of a mouthful!) was called [name]Elena[/name] (as in [name]El[/name]-ay-nuh) and I totally fell in love with it!
We were settled on [name]Elena[/name] and then we started searching for middle names. We decided on [name]Rose[/name] to honor my husbands mom, and [name]Iris[/name] because its been mine and my husbands song since we started dating at 14 ([name]Iris[/name], by the Goo Goo [name]Doll[/name]'s, sad and cheesy, I know!)
I’ll put my hands up and admit I didn’t know both [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] were flowers when I chose them (young and naive) but I loved, and still love the way [name]Elena[/name] [name]Iris[/name] [name]Rose[/name] flows.
So thats my story! :slight_smile:

I am new to Nameberry, but i now have 7 children all of whom names were chosen before they were born (my husband and i decided to find out the sex before every pregnancy). The first names of all our children are just names of preference that my husband and i decided on, however each of our childrens middle names have some sort of meaning.Our children are as follows;
[name]Tyler[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]- [name]Patrick[/name] is my husbands middle name, a family name on the paternal side as well as a variation of my fathers name
[name]Kayla[/name] [name]Marie[/name]- [name]Maria[/name] is my middle name, a family name on the maternal side
[name]Mya[/name] [name]Arizona[/name]- [name]Arizona[/name] is probably my fav middle name story of my children, when i was in labor with [name]Mya[/name] my husband was on a work trip in pheonix, although he missed the birth by a couple hrs, i couldnt help myself by reminding my husband about it, its a fun story to tell mya when she is older.
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Grace[/name]- when i was pregnant with ella i had a very close friend whose name was grace who had a battle with breast cancer, she was the strongest woman i knew and unfortunatly she passed before ella was born, when ella was born there was some complications but she battled through it, in honour of my late friend ella became ella grace.
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anne[/name]- [name]Anne[/name] is a variation of my maiden last name, [name]Charlotte[/name] was an exact replica of me when i was born and family started calling her lil anne
[name]Jacob[/name] [name]Domenic[/name]- [name]Domenic[/name] is the name of my late grandfather whom i was extremly close with
[name]Bennett[/name] [name]Troy[/name]- [name]Troy[/name] was the name of my husbands father who passed away before bennett was born, my husband was extremely close with his father and i felt he had to be honored in some way.

Well thats my story, my children dont really go by their middle names, just their firsts and a long list of nicknames but i really love how each of their names have a meaning or special person attached to it. Gives great stories and family pride as they get older.

The names DH and I chose are a combination of quirky, old fashioned and off the wall, but they’re still usable.

Girls
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Faith[/name] – [name]Hermione[/name] because I love books and I love reading I always wanted a literary name for my child, unfortunately the literary reference would not be noticed with “[name]Jane[/name]” or “[name]Elizabeth[/name]”. I’m also a huge [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] fan, and I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Hermione[/name], she was a very good, strong character. [name]Faith[/name] because DH like the name.

Hosanna [name]Blythe[/name] – DH came up with Hosanna, and I added [name]Blythe[/name], in keeping with the virtue name trend started above. It’s our second daughter name, in case [name]Hermione[/name] has a sister.

[name]Arabella[/name] [name]Ortensia[/name] – I used to like [name]Isabella[/name] until everyone and their dog had that name. [name]Arabella[/name] is different and I can shorten it to “[name]Ari[/name]”. [name]Ortensia[/name] because I love the meaning and because nameberry said I shouldn’t.

Boys

[name]Inigo[/name] [name]Hugh[/name] – [name]Aiden[/name] became so popular so fast I wanted an alternative. [name]Inigo[/name] has a similar meaning and is so unique and lovely. DH thinks we need to change the middle name to Montoya.

[name]Morgan[/name] [name]Everett[/name] – We both love [name]Morgan[/name] as a boys name and [name]Everett[/name] just sounds so “cowboyish”

[name]James[/name] [name]Sherlock[/name] – We’re both desperate to name our kid [name]Sherlock[/name] (both huge fans) but finding a middle name for [name]Sherlock[/name] proved very difficult. [name]James[/name] goes well as a first name that our little [name]Sherlock[/name] can fall back on if he hates going by his middle name; if he likes going by it, J. [name]Sherlock[/name] D looks pretty good too.

[name]Friedrich[/name] [name]Bryce[/name] – [name]Friedrich[/name] because I’d love to have a little [name]Fritz[/name] running around and [name]Bryce[/name] because that’s what DH’s name would have been if his father hadn’t shot it down. He likes the name [name]Bryce[/name], so by tacking it on to the end of a name DH isn’t a fan of, I win! lol!

Once we finally get pregnant though, we’re not sharing the babies sex with anyone (to avoid pink and blue overload) and just calling the little one Moongazer Starshine to mess with my mother, who (I just found out)apparently thinks it’s totally plausible that I’d call my child Moongazer Starshine.

[name]Ellery[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]–[name]Ellery[/name] is a combination of my grandmother’s name, [name]Elizabeth[/name], and my mother’s name, [name]Angela[/name]. [name]Peggy[/name] is a name that skips every generation, and it was my turn to name my baby that. :frowning: I was not about to name my daughter [name]Ellery[/name] [name]Peggy[/name], so I compromised. [name]Pearl[/name] has the same meaning has [name]Peggy[/name], starts with the same letter and has the same amount of letters. I love it. :slight_smile:
[name]Jada[/name] [name]Tamsyn[/name]–I just love [name]Jada[/name], and [name]Tamsyn[/name] allowed me to acheive the same intials as a person very close close to me, JT. Plus, it’s the feminine version of [name]Thomas[/name], and I was always going to name my first son ___ [name]Thomas[/name].
[name]Sterling[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]–I finally got my little boy!!! [name]Thomas[/name] is after my favorite teacher in middle school, [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Edison[/name], my favorite coach, and best friend, [name]Tommy[/name]. I just love [name]Sterling[/name].
[name]Reid[/name] [name]William[/name]–I [name]LOVE[/name] this. RW is the same initials as my little brother, [name]Reagan[/name], and my gradnfather, [name]Ralph[/name], and they all have the same middle name, [name]William[/name]. I love how the initials tie them together!!!
[name]Faith[/name] [name]Annemarie[/name]–I love the virtue name of [name]Faith[/name], and [name]Annemarie[/name] combines the beginning of my mom’s name, [name]Anne[/name] from [name]Angela[/name], and my aunt’s middle name [name]Marie[/name].

I love picking my babies’ names!!! Thanks for the thread! :slight_smile:

When I was a teenager, I thought I was going to have seven children–and I wanted all boys! I loved names ending in -n, and had picked out seven of them! [name]Evan[/name] [name]Michael[/name], [name]Landon[/name] [name]Connor[/name], [name]Davin[/name] [name]Jude[/name], [name]Kieran[/name] [name]Hunter[/name], [name]Mason[/name] [name]Riley[/name], [name]Declan[/name] [name]Jack[/name], and for some reason the seventh escapes me…

Anyhow, once I actually became pregnant (20 years later!) some of these names had become SO popular, and others I just didn’t like as well anymore. The only ones still on my list were [name]Davin[/name] and [name]Declan[/name], and I decided to make a whole new list, and this time included [name]Roman[/name].

[name]Roman[/name] stuck for a long time. The only thing that bothered me about it is that I have a cat named after [name]Tony[/name] Romo, called Romo. It seemed a bit too much for one household. But I loved the name so much, and I figured the cat won’t live forever (harsh as that sounds), so I stuck with it.

After a long, drawn-out process I also picked a middle name. McKale. M for my mother’s first name, C for my father’s first name, [name]Kale[/name] because [name]Cale[/name] is a form of [name]Charles[/name] (my dad’s name) and also short for [name]Caleb[/name], which was the name of a baby of a friend of mine who had passed away. I chose the K spelling, though, because my mother’s middle name is [name]Kay[/name].

So from 13 weeks (when I found out he was a boy) until 38 weeks, my baby was going to be [name]Roman[/name] McKale. I was given gifts with the name [name]Roman[/name] on them, and the cake at my shower said “[name]Welcome[/name] [name]Roman[/name]!” I even painted letters to go over his crib that spelled [name]Roman[/name].

But then 38 weeks into the pregnancy, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Blame it on hormones, but I called my mother and said, “That’s not his naaaaaaame!”

I briefly went back to [name]Davin[/name] [name]Jude[/name]–after all, I had loved it for 20 years. I painted new letters–[name]DAVIN[/name]. Two days later, same thing. That wasn’t his name.

I thought, and thought, and it popped in my head. A name I had briefly put on my list but quickly crossed off, for reasons I don’t remember. I called my friends, my sister, my mother, thinking they would all hate the name. They did not. My mother especially loved it. Her reaction convinced me–my son’s name would be [name]Cruz[/name]!

I still loved [name]Roman[/name], but couldn’t get past my cat Romo. But I figured it would be ok as a middle name.

[name]Cruz[/name] [name]Roman[/name] is now two years old. I do not regret naming him [name]Cruz[/name] at all, but do wish I had thought to find a middle name starting with W so he would have the exact same initials as my father. I am 8 weeks along with baby number 2, and if this one’s a boy, he will be [name]Canyon[/name] [name]Wilder[/name] for that reason. If it’s a girl though…I might be back here in 7 months with another crazy story to tell!

@lauran86321, just wanted to pop in to say that [name]Cruz[/name] and [name]Canyon[/name] is such a unique, quirky, fun sibset! I wish we had the guts to go with such interesting names. They sound fantastic together :slight_smile:

Our son’s name is [name]Milo[/name] [name]James[/name]. When we started the name search, we both realized that we naturally drifted towards M names, not really sure why, but our mutual best friend’s name also starts with an M, so we decided to focus on all the M choices we could find. We heavily considered [name]Milo[/name], [name]Marco[/name], [name]Miller[/name], [name]Max[/name], [name]Mars[/name], and [name]Micah[/name]. But when it came down to it all, [name]Micah[/name] felt too Biblical, [name]Mars[/name] was too out-there, [name]Max[/name] was too common place, and [name]Miller[/name] was too star baby at the time because of [name]Melissa[/name] Etheridge’s son. So then it was [name]Milo[/name] or [name]Marco[/name]. [name]Both[/name] starting with M, both ending in -o, similar familiar and friendly feel. But when we met him, he was a [name]Milo[/name]. Such a calm, sweet baby. [name]James[/name] because it is such a handsome, handsome name, felt fabulous with [name]Milo[/name], and honors [name]Zach[/name]'s father [name]Jay[/name]. We call [name]Milo[/name] “MJ” a lot, which we kind of find funny because we call our best friend “M/ehm” a lot and then there’s Grandpa [name]Jay[/name], so our little MJ is like a mix of two of our favorite people.

For our next baby, we’ve picked out two for each gender: [name]Willa[/name] [name]Madeline[/name] or [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Snow[/name] for a girl or [name]Felix[/name] [name]Bennett[/name] or [name]Ezra[/name] [name]Indigo[/name] for a boy. [name]Even[/name] though [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Willa[/name] might be a little bit of tongue twister when put together, we have just fallen more and more in love with [name]Willa[/name]. My grandmother’s middle name is also [name]Wilhelmina[/name], so this would pay tribute to her, which I love since she is such a beautiful woman. [name]Madeline[/name] is both of our favorite childhood book. [name]Genevieve[/name] would be our slightly “out there” choice, especially paired with [name]Snow[/name] in the middle. I love [name]Genevieve[/name]'s elegance, the grace in her name, and the nickname [name]Vivi[/name]. I would [name]LOVE[/name] to have my two kids, MJ and [name]Vivi[/name], adorable! [name]Snow[/name] would be in honor of both of our home state of [name]Nevada[/name], which means “snow-capped.” I also just love the image of beauty that [name]Snow[/name] brings to mind.

For the boys, I love the combo of [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Felix[/name] because of the shared strong ‘l’ but also because their names would mean “calm and happy”, which is just perfect in my mind! [name]Bennett[/name] means “blessed”, so love that meaning as well. [name]Ezra[/name] [name]Indigo[/name] would be our slightly crazier choice. I like a lot of boys’ names that end in -a, and [name]Ezra[/name] was one that we could both agree on. [name]Indigo[/name] is such a cool color name, and I find it handsome while still being quirky and fun. I think we’ll have to see if this baby is more serious - along the lines of a [name]Felix[/name] [name]Bennett[/name] - or maybe has a little twinkle in his eye that’s more playful, so [name]Ezra[/name] [name]Indigo[/name].

Fun thread, its nice to share naming stories :slight_smile:
[name]David[/name]

Thanks, [name]David[/name].

[name]Vivi[/name] is on my list for this baby, if it’s a girl ([name]Viviana[/name]).

[name]Milo[/name] & [name]Felix[/name] sound great together, and I think that is just as quirky and interesting as [name]Cruz[/name] & [name]Canyon[/name]! They certainly aren’t names I hear every day! Funny about your M-names. Before I decided [name]Baby[/name] #2 should have my dad’s initials if a boy, [name]Mateo[/name] was on my list, [name]Cruz[/name] & [name]Mateo[/name] both being Spanish & all. (Which I am not…[name]Cruz[/name] has blond hair and blue eyes LOL.)

I have a funny naming story for my daughter who is now 3.5.

About 6 years ago I was at my husband’s family reunion getting grief about why we have been married so long without children. After a couple glass of wine as I recall, I was planning a trip to [name]Italy[/name] with my husband’s Italian aunt. She said, “after your travels you must have a baby and give it an Italian name.” (I love how people feel they can tell you what to do like this - especially Italian matriarcs). So I tell her - in confidence - that I have always loved the name [name]Sophia[/name] should I ever be fortunate enough to have a daughter. She promises never to tell anyone (forshadowing…).

So about a year later we are indeed visiting her and her family in [name]Italy[/name]. We are still childless at this point (much to everyones dysmay apart from our own). After a wonderful meal our first night my husband’s uncle says in a booming and authoritative Italian accent, “Now off to bed you two, [name]Sophia[/name] is waiting!” I could not believe it. Come to find out, everyone knew of my (mildly) intoxicated slip at the family reunion.

A couple years later [name]Sophia[/name] was born! In the Interrim the Italian uncle had sadly died so he did not get to meet her, but the aunt did. We discovered how popular [name]Sophia[/name] was just before she was born, but with the history I have described here, we could name her nothing else. And we love the name, it suits her so well; she is bold, dramatic and even a little sophisticated for a child her age.

We have a son also now named [name]Felix[/name]. We like how both names are ancient Greko/[name]Roman[/name], both repeat the phi/fe sylable and both have such wonderful meanings (wisdom and happy/fortunate). What more can you ask for than wisdom and fortuine? [name]Love[/name] I suppose. Great - now we need another child with a name meaning [name]Love[/name]!
Cheers,
Lynae

Haha, thanks. I guess we had been considering [name]Cruz[/name] as a middle name, so maybe we are more “out there” baby namers than we think :slight_smile: [name]Cruz[/name] and [name]Mateo[/name] would have also been a dashing sibset, but there’s something special about [name]Cruz[/name] and [name]Canyon[/name]. Best of luck with everything for you.

[name]David[/name]

Wow, some interesting stories on here! Mine are nowhere near as interesting and different, but hey ho!

Aliannah [name]May[/name] - Growing up, I always loved the nickname [name]Ali[/name], and after doing some research online I found the name Aliannah and fell in love! [name]May[/name] is my middle name, my mother’s middle name, my gran’s middle name…it’s a family tradition!

[name]William[/name] [name]Niall[/name] - [name]William[/name] is a name I have loved since I was a child. [name]Niall[/name] is [name]Ali[/name], [name]Will[/name] and I-J’s father.

[name]Isaac[/name] [name]Johnny[/name] - [name]Johnny[/name] is the name my father was always called, no-one ever called him [name]John[/name]. It’s to honour him really!

[name]Lacey[/name] [name]Veronica[/name] - [name]Lacey[/name] is the name of one of my favourite actresses from a soap, and I just love the name. [name]Veronica[/name] is the name of my husband’s mother.

[name]Mariah[/name] [name]Leah[/name] - Obviously, [name]Mariah[/name] is after [name]Mariah[/name] [name]Carey[/name], she’s an absolute legend! [name]Leah[/name] is after one of my, very inspirational, aunts.

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Zofia[/name] sounds great! Distinctive and gorgeous!

My daughter’s name is [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Hope[/name]. I loved [name]Imogen[/name] since I knew it’s a Shakespearean name! I also love its meaning, “beloved child”. [name]Hope[/name] is my DH’s favorite, and I totally agree with him. It’s just so classic, pure and virtuous. I still love her name, I like it’s flow. I’m expecting another girl and we’ve chosen [name]Isabella[/name] for her. I know it’s way too common, but it has been my favorite for quite a long time! I’m having hard time choosing between [name]Marie[/name] and [name]Monet[/name] for her middle name though.

Great thread!
baby #1: before we ever had kids we referred to them as [name]Emily[/name] and [name]Colton[/name]. [name]Emily[/name] was my husbands favorite name and I chose [name]Colton[/name] after my cousin. Then I became pregnant and hated [name]Emily[/name]. We met a little [name]Sydney[/name] and laughed at how close [name]Sydney[/name] was to his mother [name]Cindy[/name]. To escape from [name]Emily[/name] I suggested we name her [name]Sydney[/name] after his mom. Our girl would be the first girl on his side born in 50 yrs!! The suggestion worked until I realized I didn’t even like the name [name]Sydney[/name]!! Ugh! So went back to the drawing board. Thought of Irelyn (after my irish grandmother [name]Lynn[/name]) and [name]Regan[/name] after my dad [name]Ray[/name]. But stil didn’t seem right . Finally I came up with [name]Tess[/name]. I called her [name]Tess[/name] and my husband had stopped caring about names since I changed it so much. I had already told my mil the baby would be named for her, so I was going to go with [name]Tess[/name] [name]Cynthia[/name]. But I found myself calling her [name]Tess[/name] [name]Micaela[/name]. ([name]Micaela[/name] was my fav name since I was a lil girl watching DrQuinn). So she became [name]Tess[/name] [name]Micaela[/name] [name]Cynthia[/name] until 2 days before I delivered her I changed it to [name]Tess[/name] [name]McKayla[/name] [name]Sydney[/name]. I don’t know why except now that I’ve gotten to know this lil girl, I think she chose her name. It’s not a combination that reflects my style, but it reflects her style perfectly! :slight_smile:

[name]Baby[/name]#2 while we were ttc for#2 I really wanted [name]Tess[/name] to have a sister. My sister and I through unfortunate circumstances were not able to grow up together. We were best friends and complete strangers. We have tried several times to reconnect, but theres too much baggage for that to happen. When [name]Tess[/name] was a baby I felt like I was mourning my sister [name]Katie[/name]. Because [name]Kate[/name] was so heavy on my heart I wanted to her name to be a party of the new babies name somehow. I also wanted to honor my mother since [name]Tess[/name] was named after my husbands mother.
[name]Felicity[/name] was always a favorite since we were ttc, so my favorite combo was [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Kate[/name] [name]Pearl[/name].
Then we got pregnant and I forgot all about it and started from scratch. I went through [name]Cora[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Taryn[/name], and I was calling her [name]Adelaide[/name] when I found Nameberry. I knew [name]Adelaide[/name] didn’t fit, but I couldnt find anything better. I had nightmares of ppl calling her [name]Addy[/name]. Then I realized I could not name her [name]Adelaide[/name]. Thats when I came across [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] on nb! I found out [name]Kaia[/name] was Scandavian form of [name]Katherine[/name] which was perfect since both my sister [name]Katie[/name] and I, [name]Karen[/name], are both forms of [name]Katherine[/name]! That sealed the deal! [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] wad the name I had been searching for! Once again, my husband had given up caring about names at that point because I had gone through so many.
naming her [name]Kaia[/name] instantly healed me over my lost relationship with my sister. [name]Kaia[/name] has done so much for my soul. She was born 10/10/10 her name means pure happiness and she is on so many levels. There is more to [name]Kaia[/name]'s story than just her name, but as it nears her 1st birthday, I can’t help but reflect upon our journey with her!

With my daughter [name]Sloane[/name] [name]Thora[/name] [name]Eunice[/name], the first name was more of just a name in the same vain as both mine, and my siblings. My name is [name]Danae[/name], my sisters are [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Poppy[/name] and my brother is [name]Jasper[/name]. It was also born out of the fact that my wife didn’t want our child to have an uber popular name.

[name]Sloane[/name] seemed to fit her perfectly when she was born. [name]Thora[/name] was kind of a last minute addition, it just seemed like the name needing something. [name]Eunice[/name] is after my wife’s grandmother who was the most important person in her life.

My daughter’s first name came from a couple of sources. My great-grandmother’s name was [name]Sofie[/name]-[name]Katarine[/name]. She lived long enough to see me married. She died the week before Thanksgiving (she was 88) and my daughter was conceived that weekend. So I wanted to honour her in some way. [name]Sophia[/name]/[name]Sophie[/name] didn’t go with my husband’s surname, even though we were hyphenating our names. So that left a form of [name]Katarine[/name]. My favourite name from my teen years was [name]Caitlin[/name], after a Welsh girl I babysat for when I was eleven. And, lastly, I grew up seeing [name]Katharine[/name] Hepburn every summer and she was a role model for me. So my daughter’s first name was [name]Caitlin[/name], and we called her [name]Kate[/name]. (When she turned 15, she changed her nn to [name]Kitty[/name].) Her middle name comes from my other great-grandmother, [name]Maria[/name] [name]Luisa[/name]. So my daughter is [name]Caitlin[/name] [name]Louisa[/name], nn [name]Kitty[/name]. (My mother still calls her [name]Kate[/name].)

My son was going to be [name]Thomas[/name], after my grandfather [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Irving[/name]. His middle name was supposed to be [name]Benjamin[/name], which would have been his Hebrew name, but at the last minute, my husband vetoed [name]Benjamin[/name]. So when [name]Thomas[/name] was born, my husband was singing a concert in [name]Halifax[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name] had no middle name. I made a list of all the Hebrew names I liked, and [name]Caleb[/name] was chosen, so that’s my son’s name [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Caleb[/name], both English and Hebrew. (My daughter’s Hebrew names are [name]Leah[/name] [name]Gavriella[/name].)

Virtually the moment I conceived, my carefully crafted pre-pregnancy name list went out the window. [name]Every[/name] name on it felt wrong, wrong, wrong. Over the Thanksgiving holiday, when I was 6 months along, my mother was reading boy names aloud from a name book, and when she said “[name]Noah[/name],” it just struck such a chord. I immediately knew it was his name, but I was concerned about its popularity. I was also concerned that it wasn’t a long-time love of mine, only appearing once on a list of possible middle names I had made when I was a teen; what if it was just a crush and I fell out of love with it? I just couldn’t talk myself out of the name, though. No other name felt right.

Around [name]Christmas[/name], digging for more info about [name]Noah[/name], I read the passage in the Bible where the biblical [name]Noah[/name] is given his name: "He named him [name]Noah[/name] and said, “He will comfort us in the labor and painful toil of our hands caused by the ground the [name]LORD[/name] has cursed.” It’s [name]Genesis[/name] 5:29, and my birthday is 5/29. Plus, I had wanted to be a mom for so long, and had been so unsure whether it would ever happen, that his very existence was a comfort to me. My doubts pretty much evaporated at that point.

I’m still convinced [name]Noah[/name] is the perfect name for him, and he really couldn’t be anyone else. Oh, and I don’t worry about falling out of love with it at all, now. I’m happy every time I say it. :slight_smile:

My daughter’s name is [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Ismene[/name] [name]Bandit[/name] and my husband and I went back and forth a lot before we settled on this.

[name]Rosemary[/name]- I picked [name]Rosemary[/name] because I think a first name of [name]Rose[/name] (instead of always in the middle spot) is very beautiful and understated. Also, I couldn’t decide between [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Mary[/name]. Finally decided to combine them. :wink:

[name]Ismene[/name]- was picked because of the connection my husband and I have with The [name]Oedipus[/name] Cycle.

[name]Bandit[/name]- ever since I was 13 or so, I promised myself that I wouldn’t give my son or daughter a plain middle name. The middle name is rarely heard anyway, so my husband and I were going to have some fun with it. He picked [name]Bandit[/name] and I just thanked my lucky stars that he didn’t pick Batman instead. (He SO would.)

Other names we’ve crossed off our list:
[name]Blue[/name]
[name]Peregrine[/name]
[name]Rin[/name]
[name]Calypso[/name]
[name]Fable[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Juneau[/name]
[name]Larkin[/name]

Now we’re expecting a son and picking a name is just as difficult. No matter what, his middle name will be [name]Alexander[/name].

[name]Apollo[/name]- This is my first choice. In Greek mythology he is the god of the sun (among many other things). I’m extremely into mythology stories and for years this has always been my first choice. It’s strong and masculine without being weird. Not hard to spell or say.

Finnick- Close second. Might be tied for first place. But the story behind it isn’t as lovely as [name]Apollo[/name]. It’s actually really sad.

[name]Milo[/name]- My husband’s first choice. I like it but don’t love it.

[name]Marvel[/name]- My husband’s second choice. Not my favorite at all. (But not terrible.)

Other names we’ve crossed off our list:
[name]Dmitri[/name]
[name]Gerard[/name]
[name]Stefan[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
Luthien