Your babies' special names

When I had my kids, I wanted unique, simple, lovley names for them. My fourth and fifth are now on their way, and I need name suggestions. [name]Dominic[/name], my only son at the moment reminded me of handsome. [name]Reese[/name] is a unisex name, and it sounds old fashioned. And [name]Elizabeth[/name] is just so plain, and i wouldn’t want weird nicknames like liz or beth for her, so i used it as a middle.

Ok. The 13 year old me used to be addicted to [name]Sunday[/name] night movies. There was one about twins who were seperated at birth and one of the actresses names was [name]Ariana[/name]. Boom-that was it. LOVED it. My mother had mentioned that for one of us-she had [name]Monique[/name] picked out as a middle name. [name]Ariana[/name] [name]Monique[/name]. I was in love.
Then 17 years later-pregnant with a girl and we knew of 3 [name]Ariana[/name]'s. So there went the name. =-( So i made a list of names but me and dh couldn’t agree. My father, the big Nascar fan, suggested Daytona. What started as a joke quickly grew on the both of us. Nice flow, feminie sounding. It was the new name. The middle name was a combo of my grandmother’s names-[name]JOyce[/name] and b[name]ETTy[/name].
My other daughter’s name-I liked the name [name]Remy[/name] since I first heard it on “Higher Learning”. The character was a racist skinhead and I hated that connection. So I changed up the letters until I found one that clicked. To be fair-her middle name is a combo of my dh’s grandmother’s names-[name]ADElaide[/name] and floSSIE.
Now to figure out our boy’s name…

I have twin daughters named [name]Aurelie[/name] [name]Callista[/name] and Alora [name]Shea[/name].

I always have love [name]Aurelie[/name], but it took some convincing with my husband, we actually originally agreed to name her [name]Callista[/name], which I like too, but after I had given birth, my husband signed the birth certificate as [name]Aurelie[/name] [name]Callista[/name] as a surprise. I guess he felt bad that I had just given birth to twins.

We both love Alora, it’s just a perfect balance of pretty and cute. We took forever to find a middle name for her. We had a major toss up between [name]Primrose[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name], but one day when I was at work, my husband just emailed me one word: [name]Shea[/name]. We almost didn’t use it because I wanted to save it for a first name for future children, but we decided to just go for it. Besides, it flows well.

I still need to find “the perfect name” for my new daughter! :slight_smile:

[name]Stella[/name] was a favorite of mine for a long time, [name]Mason[/name] was so sweet, and [name]Kingston[/name] sounded cute, and my mom loved it! As for middles, they were more random. [name]Jacob[/name] from the bible, [name]Lauren[/name] because it was so sweet and [name]Drew[/name] to honor a family member!!

No kiddies yet, but I have nicknames!! [name]Shay[/name] for [name]Shayla[/name], [name]Ti[/name] for [name]Tiara[/name], Averik & [name]Evan[/name] would just be the same … :slight_smile:

My husband and I named our daughter [name]Lucy[/name] because we love its meaning, light. She was a ray of light for us after we lost out first daughter and her middlename is [name]Diamond[/name] because I had a dream of getting a diamond ring from my husband and found out that I was pregnant the next morning.

I always wanted to name a daughter after my sister. I also did NOT WANT to use to common of a name. My name’s Michelle with the middle name Lynn, born in the 70’s. While now I do see my name as pretty despite it’s being soooooooooooo common in my age group I grew up being one of many. One of the many was a very popular girl (I wasn’t) with the very sleek name (which mine wasn’t) Michelle Fox. I do not want common names for my kiddos. I like the tradition of having the first or middle name, or both, being to honor someone. It gives the name more meaning in my opinion. I like names to have a story.

My husband does not like discussing names at all. Names are just names to him. He did much better the second time around. The first time he came home with two names that he liked after nixing every name I suggested to him. That’s how the first daughter became Karin Renee (pronounced kuh-RIN). Middle for my sister. I regret the spelling of her first name and did actually talk to my husband about changing the spelling to Corinne when she was two but my husband wouldn’t consider it. He does have a good point that it will be mispronounced no matter how we spell it. Now she’s going on four so it is what it is. That’s the problem with picking a name that you love the sound of but your basing the spelling on your husband’s middle school memories (girl he went to school with briefly is where he got the name from).

I really wanted to honor my dad with my next child’s name. He passed away when I was very young. My husband suggested Lane but to me that is a boys name. I thought and still think it would be the perfect first name for our future son but decided against saving it for a child that may very well never exist. I have had six pregnancies but only two sticky babies. Much as I want a large family the road for us to have a baby is hard to go through so I don’t know if we’ll have more or not. I looked up how to pronounce Delaney, suspecting I was completely mispronouncing it and I was right. The correct pronunciation was duh-LANE-ee, not DEL-uh-knee as I had been reading it. We both preferred to say it dee-LANE-ee rather than duh-LANE-ee so that’s how we pronounce it. Mae was the middle name my husband wanted, I liked it so she became Delaney Mae. Also I really loved the nn Laney or Laney Mae (Laney in honor of my dad). I love to sing their names.

“Oh my darlings,
oh my darlings,
oh my darlings Karin Renee, Delaney Mae,
You are my babies, Now and Forever,
oh my darlings, Karin Renee, Laney Mae”

Ok I don’t have kids but here are some combos that honour family and i will get back to you in about 20 years (I am only 13)

[name]Isobel[/name] [name]Jamesie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] “[name]Bella[/name]”: [name]Isobel[/name] is the name of my grandma and I absolutely love it, [name]Jamesie[/name] is my Dad’s mum who passed away 10 years ago I just know how much my dad would love a granddaughter named after her! [name]Rose[/name] is because it sounds nice with [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Jamesie[/name] and the nickname [name]Bella[/name] for it’s meaning beautiful because both are beautiful women.

[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]: [name]Anne[/name] is a name that runs in the family it’s my middle name, my mums middle name, my grandma’s middle name and my great-grandma’s name. And [name]Margaret[/name] as it is my grandma’s third middle name!!

[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] “[name]Mia[/name]”: [name]Grace[/name] is my great-grandma’s name and [name]Ruby[/name] honours my sister, dad and granddad as they are all [name]July[/name] babies and [name]Mia[/name] because I can’t use it as a first name because of it’s popularity (number 1 in WA).

[name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] “[name]Ellie[/name]”: [name]Elspeth[/name] is my mums name and I think it is a less common route to the nickname [name]Ellie[/name] and [name]Louise[/name] is my sisters middle name (can’t use [name]Adele[/name] as it will according to nameberries calculation be the most common name when I am having children), [name]Poppy[/name] is to honour all the Australian’s who risked their lives in the wars.

For boys:
[name]Eamon[/name] [name]Harold[/name] [name]James[/name]: [name]Harold[/name] is my dads dad (my pop) and [name]James[/name] is my dad and brother’s middle name and it also honours my nana [name]Jamesie[/name]!
[name]Tiago[/name] [name]Bryan[/name] [name]John[/name]: [name]Tiago[/name] is a form of [name]James[/name] and [name]Bryan[/name] is my Granddad’s name

Oh I forgot 2 say the popularity does not bother me as they all mean so much to me and I have loved them since I was 8 (5 years) and the second middle always change