Your EDD vs when your baby *actually* arrived

[name_m]Just[/name_m] like the title said, what was you estimated due date vs when your baby actually arrive?

[name_f]My[/name_f] first came naturally right on her due date, my second I was induced 2 weeks early.

1 Like

[name_f]Lilia[/name_f] was due on 7th [name_u]February[/name_u] but I had a planned c section so came a week earlier and was born on 3rd [name_u]February[/name_u] 2021 :tada:

2 Likes

I was actually induced on my due date but he was born via c-section the next night. I’ve always been curious about when he would’ve arrived if he’d been able to come “naturally” though.

1 Like

Babies 1&2 arrived at 41 weeks 1 day…. So 8 days past EDD. Although baby 1 came via c-section that I requested after already enduring 50+ hours of labor.

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] 3…. 39 weeks 2 days.

With all three labor happened naturally!

Currently awaiting on the arrival of my next.

1 Like

First - EDD was [name_u]January[/name_u] 2, she was born two weeks late. I was induced the night of the 15th, she arrived at 1am on the 17th. Longest two weeks of my life.

Second - EDD was [name_u]March[/name_u] 26, he was born [name_u]March[/name_u] 27 after induction due to large size concerns and history of being two weeks late – water broken around noon on the 27th, he was born around 5pm. Much better experience!

1 Like

Gideon’s due date was [name_u]September[/name_u] 7, but he came via induction [name_u]August[/name_u] 21 due to medical issues.
Odyssey’s due date was [name_f]April[/name_f] 13, and he came naturally on [name_f]April[/name_f] 11.

1 Like

40 weeks, 1 day :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: (barely, she was born at 3:20am)

I had a membrane sweep at 39 weeks, 5 days so that got things moving :running_woman:

1 Like

I wasn’t induced with any of them, they all arrived naturally.

[name_m]Hjörtur[/name_m] was born at 38 weeks + 3 days (I think? If I’m honest I’d have to look it up to be completely sure)
[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] decided he’d had enough at 35 weeks + 2 days.
The twins arrived at 32 weeks + 2 days.
[name_f]Vienna[/name_f] was the one who actually came closest to being born on her due date, she was born only 2 days before she was due.

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] first came 6 weeks and 2 days early, my second came 5 days early. [name_f]My[/name_f] first was an emergency c section and my second was a planned c section!

1 Like

I was due Sept 12, but my water broke naturally on Sept 8 and [name_u]Rhett[/name_u] was born a few hours later :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We had a couple of due dates for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] but personally I think she was born at 41 weeks exactly. [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] was due on the 4th [name_f]May[/name_f] and she was born on the 7th so a week over first time round and three days over the second time round.

2 Likes

With my first I went into labor on my due date, but had him the morning after. [name_f]My[/name_f] second was an induction two days before EDD. [name_f]My[/name_f] third came three days before expected, and my last, she was another induction and a full week early (right at 39 weeks). So it’s been pretty well split induction-wise, but my first was the closest to EDD for sure.

EDD was 09.28, water broke on 09.23 and delivery didn’t happen until 09.24 - so we were close!

Twins were due around [name_u]September[/name_u] 7th but came [name_u]July[/name_u] 29th.
[name_u]Baby[/name_u] girl was due around [name_u]November[/name_u] 7th but came [name_u]October[/name_u] 31st (a day before my scheduled c section).

I was induced 2 weeks early with my daughter

[name_f]My[/name_f] twins were due Sept 29 and came Sept 1 at 36 weeks exactly after my water broke spontaneously.

[name_f]My[/name_f] first
Due 30.10.14
Arrived 27.10.14

[name_f]My[/name_f] youngest
Due 12.8.17
Arrived 29.7.17 but I was induced.

[name_f]My[/name_f] first was induced 10 days after their due date, my second was an emergency c-section 9 days after their due date. Looks like beither had any plans of coming out on their own!

[name_f]My[/name_f] first was 5 days late. Those 5 days felt longer than the whole pregnancy. Came naturally the day before we booked an induction.

Second came naturally 3 days early. After weeks of practice contractions and the few days before her birth they would ramp up in the evenings so kind of expected her early not a suprise

Third was day before due date and again weeks of practice contractions making me suspect it would happen sooner than it finally did.

Update: #4 arrived 5 days late! Labor came on spontaneously. This was the first labor where other than contractions piling on there was no other indicator that baby was actually going to come. No plug lost. No water breaking. So even though it was my 4th I walked into the hospital so dumbfounded at what was happening.

2 Likes