Your experience with Covid?

[name_m]Just[/name_m] wondering: if you’ve had covid, what was your experience? What symptoms did you have, how severe was it, etc?

I didn’t have Covid, but my husband did. He had a rather high fever for about 10 days and a cough for about 3 weeks. He also felt extremely tired and had a headache. All in all it could have been much worse.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] experience was not bad at all I didn’t even know I had it until my family all got tested because we where a close contact to someone who did have it. When the test came back positive I was shocked. I didn’t have any symptoms at all except the loss of taste & smell. Then again I’m only 15 and it doesn’t affect children/teens as bad as adults!

I actually caught Covid not too long ago (came out of quarantine 10 days ago), I went an entire year and a half not even needing a test, wearing mask every wear, super meticulous and then boom (it’s actually more than just boom but I rather not go into my frustrations with the person). The first day of symptoms I had a sore throat but I kinda hoped that it was allergies from the Saharan dust being blown in over here. Next day I got tested and tested positive and went into isolation in my room and I was there for 9 days. The two days after I went in were the worst, the day after I had headaches, body soreness, sinuses were clogged up too but don’t know if it was from that or legit allergies. The day after that was horrible, I woke up and my body was so sensitive it felt like needles in my skin I couldn’t touch myself, and I had a massive migraine I had to close curtains turn off lights and everything cause it was so painful, and it felt like a weight was on my chest, it was harder to breathe, I couldn’t stomach anything and I had a bad cough, it was horrible. The days after that I was getting better, I couldn’t smell throughout the entire thing too (I can smell now), a cough, some headache, some body aches, some struggles breathing.

So yea, it sucked, I’m the only one that got it in my fam of 5, 3 of which are immune compromised so I’m glad I got it instead of them, but still wasn’t a fun experience and was bored out of my mind. I should say I’m only 16

1 Like

I got it and it wasn’t bad. I was feeling like a I had a cold and on a whim my husband was like let just go get tested you know just to see. I was convinced I didn’t have it. As I didn’t have a fever, cough, or difficultly breathing. Sure enough I was positive. Luckily my son (this was before I was pregnant) and husband weren’t. I lost taste as what I counted as day 4/5 and smell around the same day. I was pretty mild I think the worst part was I would cover with a blanket and five seconds later I would be sweating. About a week after I recovered I slowly started to get my taste back. I still have trouble going up in down stairs. I can do it but when it’s over it feels like I have asthma. I guess at least now I can tell my grand kids that I passed covid without meds.