Your favorite Ad- names?

I am in love with the nickname [name_f]Addie[/name_f], but haven’t found a full name to go with it. The one I like the most is [name_u]Addison[/name_u], but I fear it doesn’t go with the other names I love. [name_m]Ad[/name_m]- names I know but don’t love include [name_f]Adele[/name_f], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Adalyn[/name_f]/[name_f]Adalynn[/name_f], [name_f]Ada[/name_f]. [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is nice.

Does anyone else have the problem of loving names that don’t go well together? I totally think in form of sibsets, so although I love names like [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] and [name_u]Addison[/name_u], I can’t tell if they’re worth considering next to names like [name_f]Camille[/name_f] and [name_f]Helena[/name_f].

[name_f]Adela[/name_f] / [name_f]Adella[/name_f]
Adelise
[name_f]Adelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelia[/name_f]
[name_u]Adria[/name_u]
[name_f]Adara[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Adele[/name_f], [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], & [name_f]Ada[/name_f] out of yours most.

Why not? I mean, I see your point, but if you don’t have a strong reason for not using unisex names on girls (personally, I do), I can see [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] and [name_f]Camille[/name_f] or [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] and [name_f]Helena[/name_f] as sisters. [name_u]Addison[/name_u] and [name_f]Helena[/name_f] or [name_u]Addison[/name_u] and [name_f]Camille[/name_f] work well, too. :stuck_out_tongue:

[name_m]Ad[/name_m]- names I love:

[name_f]Adele[/name_f] (I know you’re not keen, but it’s one of my absolute favorite names of all time! I also love [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] “[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]” and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Della[/name_f] is super cute, too)
[name_f]Adaya[/name_f]
[name_f]Adara[/name_f]
[name_f]Adira[/name_f]
[name_f]Adina[/name_f]
[name_f]Adalie[/name_f]/[name_f]Adelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Adora[/name_f] (I love the Portuguese word Adoravel as a GP, but I wouldn’t recommend using it in real life. :P)
[name_f]Adia[/name_f] (I think this is so unusual and cool!)

I also think names with -ad- in the middle would work just as well, like: [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]/[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]/[name_f]Madelyn[/name_f], [name_f]Madelief[/name_f], [name_f]Magdalen/name_f/[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f], [name_f]Magdala[/name_f], [name_f]Maddalena[/name_f], [name_f]Amadora[/name_f], [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], [name_f]Angharad[/name_f], [name_f]Amadea[/name_f], [name_f]Cadence[/name_f], [name_f]Amada[/name_f], [name_f]Leocadia[/name_f], etc.

I also had a friend who LOVED [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]/[name_f]Audra[/name_f] with the nn [name_f]Addie[/name_f], so I think that’d work, as well.

Good luck!

Personally, I love [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] because it’s the name of the street I grew up on. It’s also becoming more common to use nicknames as full names, so I think you’re completely fine using [name_f]Addie[/name_f] as a full name. Some nicknames I like with [name_f]Addie[/name_f] are [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], [name_f]Nellie[/name_f], [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], and [name_f]Lila[/name_f].

My favorites are [name_f]Adela[/name_f] and [name_f]Adeliza[/name_f].

[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelina[/name_f]

The names on your list don’t have to “match.” This is a Nameberry myth.

I love this! My favorite names cross so many different styles… it is good for us to remember that our names do not have to match perfectly :slight_smile:

Anyway, my favorite [name_m]Ad[/name_m]- names ~
[name_f]Adira[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Adela[/name_f]
[name_f]Adrienne[/name_f]
Aderyn
[name_u]Adair[/name_u]

Good luck!

I agree with the PPs who said that sibsets don’t have to match (though I would want them to personally), and that [name_f]Addie[/name_f] works fine as a full names. But since you’re looking for ideas, what about Adelinde (it’s a Dutch name, pronounced add-uh-lind-uh) or [name_f]Adriana[/name_f]? Both would go well with the classic, feminine, international feel of [name_f]Camille[/name_f] and [name_f]Helena[/name_f]. At a stretch, you could use any name with A and D in it, like [name_f]Alessandra[/name_f], [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] or [name_f]Astrid[/name_f].

[name_f]Ariadne[/name_f]
[name_f]Adina[/name_f]
Aderyn
[name_f]Adelita[/name_f]
[name_f]Evadne[/name_f]

I tend to not care so much if names match or not - if you love [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] and [name_u]Addison[/name_u] as well as [name_f]Camille[/name_f] and [name_f]Helena[/name_f], it’d be sillier to not use them because they “don’t match” that it would to have a sibset of [name_f]Camille[/name_f] and [name_u]Addison[/name_u]!

Maybe you’d like Adelise? It sounds similar to [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], and stems from the same source as [name_f]Alice[/name_f], so also shares the noble meaning, which I find pretty cool. I’d suggest [name_f]Adelind[/name_f] (or Adalind), but they’re similar to [name_f]Adalyn[/name_f], so maybe not. [name_f]Adelais[/name_f] or [name_f]Adira[/name_f] (another awesome meaning) perhaps?

In terms of names not going together, when it comes down to my own favourites, I don’t really care. As long as sibling names aren’t too similar, if I love a name enough, I’ll use it with other names I love. If I somehow had a lot of girls, I’d happily have names like [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] and [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] alongside [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] and [name_f]Amadea[/name_f]. I don’t think it matters if you love them.

I wasn’t thinking in terms of nameberry rules to have names that go together, just personal preference. I have a huge list of girl names I like in a list I made separate.

I like…

[name_u]Adria[/name_u]
[name_f]Adriana[/name_f]/[name_f]Adrianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Adrienne[/name_f]/[name_f]Adrienna[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]! It’s such a beautiful name! [name_f]Addy[/name_f] or [name_f]Addie[/name_f] is a really pretty nickname! [name_u]Addison[/name_u] is also a really pretty name! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Adriana[/name_f]
[name_u]Adair[/name_u]
[name_f]Adelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]

My clear favourite [name_m]Ad[/name_m] name is [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] - I think this is beautiful. I’m not keen on [name_u]Addison[/name_u], but like [name_f]Adele[/name_f] and [name_f]Adriana[/name_f]. I also like [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f].

I love names with literary connections so the first thing I thought of is [name_m]Adler[/name_m]. [name_f]Irene[/name_f] [name_m]Adler[/name_m] is a great character from [name_m]Sherlock[/name_m] [name_m]Holmes[/name_m], and while she’s been sexed up in the most recent versions of the story, originally she proves herself to be very clever, even outsmarting [name_m]Holmes[/name_m].

[name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Adela[/name_f]/[name_f]Adella[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]