2 Likes

Gerald!

2 Likes

Irene, [name_f]Marjorie[/name_f], or [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] for girls

Lionel for boys

6 Likes

Alaric, [name_m]Harold[/name_m], [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] & Rìta

2 Likes

I didn’t think [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] was dated? When was it popular?

1 Like

I love [name_f]Noreen[/name_f]!

1 Like

Cassandra, [name_f]Christine[/name_f], [name_f]Heather[/name_f], [name_f]Laura[/name_f], [name_f]Annette[/name_f], [name_m]Eugene[/name_m], and [name_m]Raymond[/name_m] are a few that come to mind.

I’ve always considered it a little dated-- it peaked in the 90s, though it was never super-duper popular. (it was in the top 100 from 1990-1999 and otherwise has always been outside of it.) I’ve only met Mirandas who were born in the 90s, personally.

Dorothy!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Christine[/name_f]! And [name_f]Wendy[/name_f], too – though probably not on its own (nn for [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f]).

I like the names [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] (or [name_f]Tilda[/name_f], after British actress [name_f]Tilda[/name_f] Swenton) & [name_f]Midge[/name_f], real “Old [name_f]Lady[/name_f] Cool” names👍

Boy
[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]
Girl
[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]

Laurie on a girl

Vanessa, [name_f]Michelle[/name_f], [name_f]Winona[/name_f], [name_f]Tiffany[/name_f], [name_u]Kimberly[/name_u], [name_f]Shirley[/name_f], [name_f]Rosa[/name_f], [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]

1 Like

Kendell

I agree with the previous posters that [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] is absolutely divine.

I also like [name_f]Diana[/name_f], I feel like it’s so associated with the era of the princess so quite dated as a result. But I really like it.

For boys I really like [name_m]Marcel[/name_m]. Maybe not dated in some areas but for many I think it instantly brings to mind the [name_m]Marceau[/name_m] days.

1 Like

[name_f]Wendy[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], [name_f]Betty[/name_f], [name_f]Marjorie[/name_f], [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f], [name_m]Albert[/name_m], [name_u]Lincoln[/name_u] (when was [name_u]Lincoln[/name_u] dated lol), [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f], [name_u]Julie[/name_u], [name_m]Alfred[/name_m], [name_f]Shirley[/name_f], [name_u]Gary[/name_u]???

Edit: This thread made me realize that I really, really love dated names. Most I didn’t think of…

Carol :blush:

1 Like

Mallory

1 Like