Your favourite astronomy names?

Astronomy is one of my passions, and I think it would be so cool to name my baby after a star, planet etc. What are your favourite space themed names?

There was a little girl in the [name]Metro[/name] paper named [name]Andromeda[/name] the other day, while it is pretty out there, I find it appealing!

[name]Cassiopeia[/name] is kind of neat. I knew an [name]Orion[/name] but he was just called [name]Ryan[/name] so that defeats the purpose. I’d go more with [name]Maria[/name] [name]Mitchell[/name] or Tycho Brahe or Kepler or even Kitts, for Kitts [name]Peak[/name].

[name]Andromeda[/name], [name]Bellatrix[/name], [name]Vega[/name], [name]Cassiopeia[/name] are some that I like for girls, and I love [name]Orion[/name] for a boy. [name]Lyra[/name] is also nice, as is [name]Pollux[/name].

[name]Cassiopeia[/name]
[name]Bellatrix[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Vega[/name]

[name]Castor[/name] (if it weren’t for the oil)
[name]Pollux[/name]
[name]Altair[/name]
[name]Orion[/name]
[name]Sirius[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name])
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Callisto[/name]

That took a little googling, for me, but there are definitely some usable options.

I love [name]Lyra[/name], [name]Leo[/name], [name]Orion[/name] and [name]Bellatrix[/name] {GP, though}

I would love to use names of astronomers/scientists. I could see using use [name]Sagan[/name], Leavitt, or [name]Tyson[/name]. My GP is Tycho. :slight_smile:

I love [name]Orion[/name] and [name]Io[/name]! I took Astronomy my last semester in college (last fall) and I loved reading the names of the planets, moons, etc. [name]Orion[/name] has particular significance to me, personally, but I think [name]Io[/name] is just sooo cool. I like the idea of [name]Cassiopeia[/name], [name]Leo[/name]… I like [name]Callisto[/name], too, which is one of [name]Jupiter[/name]'s moons (as is [name]Io[/name], I think?). I can’t remember a ton of the names, but I remember thinking they were all so cool when I studied them, haha.

Constellations:
[name]Andromeda[/name] ([name]Annie[/name] for short)
[name]Aquila[/name]
[name]Ara[/name]
[name]Aries[/name]
Caelum
[name]Carina[/name]
[name]Draco[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Norma[/name]
[name]Orion[/name]
[name]Perseus[/name]
[name]Phoenix[/name]
Pictor
Scorpius

Planets:
[name]Venus[/name]
[name]Pluto[/name]

Moons:
[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Elara[/name]
[name]Leda[/name]
Thebe
[name]Kale[/name]
Titan
[name]Rhea[/name]
[name]Dione[/name]
[name]Pandora[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Janus[/name]
[name]Helene[/name]
[name]Atlas[/name]
[name]Pan[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name]
Desmedona
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Portia[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Belinda[/name]
[name]Puck[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Ariel[/name]
Umbriel
[name]Titania[/name]
[name]Oberon[/name]
[name]Larissa[/name]
Charon

Word names:
[name]Galaxy[/name]
Solar
[name]Moon[/name]
[name]Star[/name]
Stardust

Satellites:
[name]Amos[/name]
[name]Donatello[/name]
[name]Columbus[/name]
[name]Leonardo[/name]
Magellan
Keplar
Compton

Other:
[name]Gaia[/name]
[name]Venera[/name]
[name]Selene[/name]
Polaris
Astro
Astron
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Astra[/name]

I could really go on all day! So many things you could use!

[name]Celeste[/name], [name]Lyra[/name], [name]Ara[/name], [name]Portia[/name], [name]Vela[/name], [name]Eris[/name], [name]Ariel[/name]

[name]Leo[/name], [name]Orion[/name] and [name]Sirius[/name].

I named a cat [name]Orion[/name] once upon a time.