🌔 your favourites from my list

Merrily onto the bandwagon!

These are my top names from my list and my favourite potential nicknames.
If you’d like, I’d also love to hear the reasons behind your favourites and/or what you would choose for nicknames or combos.

And taking inspiration from @Greyblue’s thread, I’ve also added a poll.

fem.
[name_f]Adamina[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] / [name_f]Ester[/name_f]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Josepha[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] “Lou”
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] “Mila”
[name_f]Nell[/name_f] “Nellie”
[name_f]Ursuline[/name_f] “Ursa, Ursie”
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] "Billie, Willow, Velma"
[name_m]Yggdrasil[/name_m]

masc.
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] “Ben”
[name_m]Clyde[/name_m]
[name_m]Ewan[/name_m]
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_m]Linden[/name_m] “Linney”
[name_m]Lyle[/name_m]
[name_m]Merlin[/name_m]
[name_m]Oswin[/name_m] “Oz/Ozzy”
[name_m]River[/name_m]
[name_m]Robin[/name_m] “Bo”
[name_m]Seelig[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilfrid[/name_m] “Wilf”

pronunciations

[name_f]Adamina[/name_f] “ay dah mee nah”
[name_m]Seelig[/name_m] “see lee”
[name_f]Ursuline[/name_f] “er soo leen”
[name_m]Yggdrasil[/name_m] “ihg drah sihl” or “ouhg drah sihl” (yt link, 0:28)

fem.
  • Adamina
  • Dorothy
  • Esther / Ester
  • Faye
  • Georgia
  • Josepha
  • Louisa
  • Matilda
  • Nell
  • Ursuline
  • Wilhelmina
  • Yggdrasil
0 voters
masc.
  • Arthur
  • Benjamin
  • Clyde
  • Ewan
  • Joseph
  • Linden
  • Lyle
  • Merlin
  • Oswin
  • River
  • Robin
  • Seelig
  • Wilfrid
0 voters

[name_f]My[/name_f] top two favorite girl names from your list are [name_f]Nell[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. They just feel so sweet and vintage.

[name_f]My[/name_f] two favorite boy names are [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Oswin[/name_m]. They both feel strong yet gentle at the same time.

1 Like

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] :herb:
I absolutely love the melodic sound of [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]! She has a long, elegant sound, but sounds homey at the same time.

[name_m]River[/name_m] :ocean:
I almost chose [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], but I just know too many. [name_m]River[/name_m] is so cool, and I’d love to meet a little [name_m]River[/name_m]! There is something so tranquil about the name.

1 Like

[name_f]Esther[/name_f] (this spelling): a name I really like and somehow always forget about. I like its sweet sound and Biblical namesake; the fact that it’s not often heard but instantly familiar; and its lovely meaning.

[name_m]Joseph[/name_m] - a strong, classic name that flies under the radar a bit. I like it in full, although it has cute nickname possibilities.

1 Like

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] - I just love the sound of this name and I love short names plus I tend to love names ending in consonants so this checks all those! It’s just such a gorgeous name!

[name_m]River[/name_m] - Another ending in a consonant but I also love nature names and I think this one is super charming!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are:

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] ‘Nellie’ → short, sweet and sparkly, with vintage charm, a friendly vibe but strong too. It reminds me of Wuthering Heights and if I could change my name, I’d pick this (atm anyway :grin:)

[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] and [name_f]Faye[/name_f] were my runner ups.

[name_m]Robin[/name_m] → gentle and lovely, with that nature-y, woodsy vibe, the bubbly but substantial feel, an outdoorsy but smart feel. [name_m]Bo[/name_m] is a fun nickname and [name_m]Robin[/name_m] reminds me of one of my favourite characters too.

Runners up would be [name_m]Clyde[/name_m] and [name_m]Ewan[/name_m]

1 Like

josepha & linden

1 Like

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] & [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] :nesting_dolls:

1 Like

[name_f]Ursuline[/name_f]
[name_m]Seelig[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]- Such a beautiful, dramatic sounding name in the best way. I really like the magic simplicity of [name_f]Faye[/name_f] too.

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]- So handsome, strong, soft, and intelligent. I love it!

1 Like

[name_f]Ursuline[/name_f] – I love how gothic and witchy this feels and the bear connection is great!

[name_m]Joseph[/name_m] – lots of family significance for me personally, but I love the soft sounds and classic feel

1 Like

[name_m]Loving[/name_m] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] “Lou” and [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]!

1 Like

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] has a lovely sway to her that I’ve always loved.
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] is a wonderful biblical classic and who doesn’t love a boy named [name_m]Ben[/name_m].

1 Like

For girls I would choose [name_f]Adamina[/name_f]. Such a fun and beautiful name. I love [name_f]Ada[/name_f], and love that this expands on that name. I definitely would call [name_f]Adamina[/name_f] [name_f]Ada[/name_f] as a nickname. Bonus for me is that [name_f]Adamina[/name_f] could be a stretchy honour name for someone I’m close to!

I’m torn between [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] and [name_m]River[/name_m] for the boys, but going to go with [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] today. The nicknames definitely pull me over. I adore the option of [name_m]Win[/name_m] or [name_f]Winny[/name_f] too.

I would love to see [name_f]Adamina[/name_f] and [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] as siblings too! They are perfect together.

1 Like

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] & [name_m]Robin[/name_m] :sparkling_heart:

also really love [name_f]Nell[/name_f] & River!! special mention to [name_m]Ewan[/name_m], [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m], [name_m]Yggdrasil[/name_m], [name_m]Merlin[/name_m], and [name_m]Oswin[/name_m]! :heart:

1 Like