Your first impression, please

See the results of this poll: Are Eva and Asher too matchy?

Respondents: 45 (This poll is closed)

• Too matchy: 4 (9%)
  • OK: 19 (42%)
  • Great together: 22 (49%)

[name]Do[/name] you pronounce [name]Eva[/name] as EE-va or AA-va? If it’s [name]Eva[/name] with the long E then I don’t think it’s too close. [name]Eva[/name] with the long A is closer but not automatically too similar.

We pronounce it EE-VA. [name]Asher[/name] would be pronounced [name]ASH[/name]-ER (have seen it AWSH-ER) but don’t like it that way).

I don’t think [name]Eva[/name] (with the long e) and [name]Asher[/name] are too close at all! The only risk might be accidentally saying [name]Ever[/name] and [name]Asha[/name] every once in a while. I wouldn’t hesitate to use these two names for siblings.

I find it a bit precious, somehow. Like they are both very soft, whispery names. I think you’re on the right track with regards to the theme/tone of the names, I’m just not so sure about them said aloud, together.
I could see a boy’s name like [name]Arthur[/name], which is similar to [name]Asher[/name] in a lot of ways, but has a stronger consonants to give it a bit of weight. Conversely, [name]Asher[/name] and something like [name]Evelyn[/name] works, I think, because there’s a bit of a backbone in the way [name]Evelyn[/name] comes off the tongue, and she could still be an [name]Eva[/name], if you wanted.

Fantastic pairing! I love the name [name]Asher[/name], I am considering it to go with my daughters name [name]Zoey[/name]… I think [name]Eva[/name] is fantastic tho, very cute as twins!

Well, he’s here: [name]Jacob[/name] [name]Asher[/name] arrived on [name]Sun[/name] 21st [name]March[/name]. We decided on the way to the hospital that [name]Eva[/name] and [name]Asher[/name] were just a little more similar than we are comfortable with. The other thing that tipped the scales was my [name]SIL[/name] is marrying a guy with a daughter called [name]Ashlee[/name]. We decided that those two factors made it best to go with [name]Jacob[/name]. He suits it!