Your Ideal Kid + Name

So, the imagery thread got me thinking about this, but if you could choose your kid’s personality, what would you want them to be like? Boy and girl. What name (first and middle or just first) fits them the best? What about names that you don’t even love but seem to fit the personality you’re going for?
For me, though this is very far off in the future for me and idek if I will have kids, I would want my girl to be:
As a young kid- sweet and bright and energetic; loves being outside, climbs trees and jumps in puddles and other active things; shy around adults she doesn’t know but friendly to other kids; easygoing and happy
As an older kid- more of an introvert, wild and funny with her friends, smart, responsible, appreciates more serious things as well
Names: [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] Wildrose and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] or [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] Wildrose seem to fit really well!
For a boy:
Basically the same as the girl as a young kid
As an older kid- thoughtful and mature, funny, reliable, smart, leader
Names: [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_u]Calloway[/name_u] is one of my favorites, and he could go by [name_u]Olly[/name_u]. I would say [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] something, but that’s my cousin’s name. Maybe [name_u]Remy[/name_u] something or [name_u]Theo[/name_u] something or [name_u]Kit[/name_u] something.

So what about you guys? If you don’t have kids, what do you want them to be like and what name best encompasses that?

2 Likes

When I think about my future kids I picture them running around outside, exploring fields and woods, and dancing in the rain. I want my kids to really appreciate nature. I hope they are free spirited and loving. The names that give me the best idea of this image are [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] for boys and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u] for girls.

1 Like

What an interesting idea! I absolutely adore [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] Wildrose and what a perfect name for that description.

[name_f]My[/name_f] ideal kids would have a kinship to animals and nature. We’re very outdoorsy people, so I imagine children who love exploring nature with an independent spirit. I imagine happy, optimistic people who are purposeful in helping others. As people, I imagine them as more creative types with big imaginations; those who like reading and art.

For a girl- [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] or [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]

I love the nature meaning (Dolphin) of [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], and to go with her evolving imagination, there are many nickname choices. Imagining her I see a peaceful, nature loving explorer, so [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] (meaning blessed peacemaking) fits the bill. I imagine her introverted but passionate about things she believes in.
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is more whimsical to me. I imagine her as fun and outgoing, but centered on matters that are meaningful to her. [name_f]Happy[/name_f] and cheerful, the meaning ‘bearer of good news’ also fits perfectly. Like [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], I love the nickname choices for her, allowing [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] her own preference. [name_u]Willow[/name_u] links back to nature.

For a boy- [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] or [name_m]Felix[/name_m]

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] (possibly because of the nn Giddy) just makes me feel happy. I imagine [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] to be strong, friendly and funny. I feel a sense of earthiness from the name. I really enjoy the biblical story relating to this name, and the fact that it is not the most popular allows this independent boy to make a name for himself. I imagine him as a leader who inspires happiness and joy.
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] again meaning ‘happy and fortunate’ just displays the qualities of optimistic joy giver. I imagine [name_m]Felix[/name_m] to be more introverted and studious than [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], but [name_m]Felix[/name_m] does everything with a kind heart.

1 Like

What an interesting concept! Honestly if I could pick the personality of my children I don’t know that my favourite or “top pick” names would fit them.

For either gender I would want them to be nature lovers. Very compassionate and open minded, artistic and book and story lovers. Highly imaginative and idealistic. Smart and emotionally mature. Introverted but not overtly shy. Adventurous, brave-hearted, and head-strong but not unwilling to compromise. I want my children to be forces of nature but to also always stand up for what they think is right. I want them to always have the courage to be themselves and never put much stock into what the world thinks about them.

As far as names go, I want to say the names I’ve picked out already ([name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] for a boy and [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] for a girl) would work but I feel that any strong and memorable names would fit them well.

When I think about my future kids, the first thing that pops in my head is stubborn. I think they’ll be driven, smart, kinda lazy, funny, adventurous, strong willed, brave, kind, open minded, curious, among other things. [name_f]Imagery[/name_f] wise I think bare feet running through shallow creeks with our dogs. Blond or red hair with large toothless grins. I think of them climbing trees, rocks, anything they can get their hands on. I imagine them playing imagination games with each other; swords, dragons, and explorers. At night I imagine them settling down on the couch, laughing, watching movies, reading books when they get old enough. I hope that they love books as much as I do and never lose their sense of imagination. Most of the stuff I imagine them to be either is connected to how my childhood was or what my family is like personality wise.

For boys I would choose [name_m]Fergus[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Ford[/name_m] “[name_u]Gus[/name_u]” and [name_m]Fraser[/name_m] [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_u]Bravery[/name_u] “[name_m]Frey[/name_m]”. For girls Jemison [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u] “[name_u]Jemmy[/name_u]” and [name_u]Remington[/name_u] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f] “[name_u]Remy[/name_u]”. (all middles are honors)

1 Like

I always imagine having a daughter called [name_f]Sarai[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. She’s quiet, creative and studious. She struggles a bit with the school routine, she loves crafting amd wearing fancy dress.

I have a really clear image of her in my mind which makes me a bit apprehensive about having kids tbh because i know they won’t be likr that and its unfair of me to wish they were

1 Like

I would love to have [name_f]Adelina[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]. I haven’t really thought about their personalities but I would like them to be kind and considerate, as well as open minded and respectful of everyone - I’ll do my best to instil those values in my future children.

I’m slowly re-piecing together my naming style so no names for now. But my children would be creative, open-minded, and witty. I’d ideally have two—I used to say “two girls!” but I’ve come to decide that their assigned gender at birth wouldn’t really matter in the slightest.

I want them to be happy, respectful of others, full of life, love of animals and nature, as well as literature.

Names: [name_u]Blakely[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]