Your image of Avery.

What is your image of the name [name]Avery[/name]? Is it purely unisex? [name]Male[/name]? Spunky?

My husband and I are looking at names in anticipation of TTC and I am on the prowl for the PERFECT sibling set. It is very important to me that my children have names that pair well together.

Am I limited to only unisex names? If not, what other names work? Spunky?

I have posted my running girl list this week and received GREAT feedback. Can you all post some names that YOU believe work with [name]Avery[/name]? I want to keep my options open.

Thank you!

It may help to mention, for those that have not seen my other threads, that our daughters name is [name]Avery[/name] [name]Virginia[/name].

The only [name]Avery[/name] I know in real life is my 25 year old (female) cousin so the name definitely seems unisex if not girly to me. I’ve always liked that name. It has sort of a soft, nature-y feeling to me. It kind of reminds me of the name [name]Devon[/name] actually. I don’t think you’re limited to strictly unisex names, but I’d probably stay away from anything super frilly. [name]Avery[/name] and [name]Seraphina[/name] doesn’t really work for me, but [name]Avery[/name] and [name]Lauren[/name] or [name]Avery[/name] and [name]Anna[/name] seem fine.

I only picture a female when I think of [name]Avery[/name]. It is a truly lovely name.

I think [name]Avery[/name] can lend itself to pairings with classic names ([name]Avery[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Christopher[/name], etc.) or more of something along the lines of [name]Devon[/name] as was suggested, which I think is great, or something very grounded yet cool, like Tappan. You have a lot of flexibility, for sure. What are you thinking of right now and maybe that would help?

:o) [name]Sheridan[/name]

I think of it as unisex, but slightly more feminine because the first [name]Avery[/name] I knew was female. Actually, I think [name]Avery[/name] is more popular for girls than boys.

I have an almost 10 year old daughter named [name]Avery[/name]. When I picked the name, it was uncommon which is what I liked. Now, it is quite popular. I think of it as more feminine, but still acceptable for a boy. Though I still love the name, had I known it would be in the top 50 most popular girls names now, I would have chosen something else.

I find it unisex, though leaning towards more feminine now. One of my best friends is an [name]Avery[/name], and she is spunky, sweet, smart and funny! She seems very shy, but once you get to know her she comes out of her shell. I may be a bit prejudiced, but that is how I see the name [name]Avery[/name] now =)
If you like [name]Avery[/name], it really is a wonderful name!

The only [name]Avery[/name] I know is a girl.

I definitely think of [name]Avery[/name] as a girl’s name. I think it is classic sounding, but a little more original. Less popular old names would be a nice match. Think [name]Ezra[/name]. Well, [name]Ezra[/name] and [name]Avery[/name] is a little off, but something along those lines. If you are more conservative, traditional boys names (like [name]Thomas[/name]) are the way to go.

I like it but it sounds passe to me.

I love the name [name]Avery[/name] for a girl. love love love. I definitely think of it as a girl’s name but I know a boy named [name]Luke[/name] [name]Avery[/name] and I think that is a gorgeous boy’s name.

I think of [name]Avery[/name] as a girls name for sure. I don fly understand your question. [name]Do[/name] you want sibling name suggestions or just what we think about avery? If you want a suggestion I would go with a name similar to [name]Claire[/name], which includes Options like [name]Blaire[/name], Lain, [name]Elise[/name], [name]Sara[/name],and [name]Teressa[/name].