Your insight, please! (:

I’d like to hear some insight on some sibset ideas of mine in any of y’all have the time. Here they are, with explanations included:

My current Top Two (Boy/Girl) are…
[name]Edmund[/name] [name]Alasdair[/name] Townsend, &
[name]Margaret[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Fay[/name]

For the first, [name]Edmund[/name] honors both of my grandfathers (middle names [name]Ed[/name] and [name]Edwin[/name]), [name]Alasdair[/name] honors my father ([name]Alan[/name], or [name]Al[/name]), and Townsend honors my brother and maternal grandmother (his mn, her maiden).

As for the girl, [name]Margaret[/name] honors my paternal grandmother (mn [name]Marie[/name]), [name]Louisa[/name] honors my paternal grandfather ([name]Louis[/name] - plus great-aunt [name]Lois[/name] [name]Anne[/name], and great-grandmother, [name]Lena[/name] [name]Louise[/name]), and [name]Fay[/name] follows a family tradition (through my maternal grandmother, all the females in my line have had mn that end in -ay; mine and my grandmother’s is [name]Kaye[/name], for example).

Since I am named for both of my maternal grandparents, I really appreciate honoring family members, but I would rather choose names that are close or follow a pattern than names that I don’t particularly care for. With and [name]Edmund[/name] and a [name]Margaret[/name], I also really like the nn’s [name]Ned[/name] and [name]Mitzi[/name] (a little more jovial for such serious-minded, classic names).

Some other sibling names that I’ve had on my mind to fit the style are [name]Josephine[/name] ("[name]Pepper[/name]" or “[name]Posey[/name]”), [name]Virginia[/name] ("[name]Ginger[/name]" or “[name]Ginny[/name]”), and [name]Nathaniel[/name] ("[name]Nat[/name]" or “[name]Niel[/name]”). If you can’t tell, I love nicknames, since the only one that my own name, [name]Sydney[/name], yields is [name]Syd[/name], and that’s what my grandfather goes by!

Mind you, I’m nowhere near having children - I’m still in high school!! I just wanted to hear some of you lovely berries’ thoughts!
Thanks!

NameGoddess