Your Name Makeover (Nephele's Anagrams)

Not a game, but rather an experiment for me to get some feedback on how appealing (or unappealing!) some anagrammed names might be. Here’s how this works:

Give me either your first name or the screen name that you prefer to use, PLUS a word that you feel best describes you. Yep, I know it can be difficult to describe yourself using just one word, so make it a good one!

I will blend both together in anagram to create a (hopefully!) plausible first and middle name for you.

Then you rate your resulting name as follows, on a scale of 1 to 3:

1 = That’s me!
2 = Hmm… I guess I might use it, if I should need an alias because I’ve become a professional exotic dancer.
3 = Yikes!

– [name]Nephele[/name]

OOH, can I be first with this one, I wonder? I seem to follow [name]Nephele[/name] wherever she goes, like [name]Mary[/name]'s [name]Little[/name] Lamb.

One word summing me up though? [name]Do[/name] you mean a characteristic (like an abstract word) or a concrete noun? Can you give us an example? I want to do this!

[name]Ailsa[/name]
xx

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Ailsa[/name]! The word that you choose can be abstract or concrete. Noun or adjective. It can be something obvious, or something that holds meaning only for you. :slight_smile:

– [name]Nephele[/name]

Oh, more fun with [name]Nephele[/name] ^^ I love these things, you do an excellent job!

[name]How[/name] about using my chosen name [name]Adelaide[/name] and the word “fire”? I’ve always felt connected to fire, and only recently had a complete stranger call me a “woman of fire” so it’s a good word to use ^^

Alternatively, you could use flame instead of fire or my user name, Dearest, which is what I try to go by on the internetz… :slight_smile:
I don’t know which combination would be the best to make anagrams of, so now you have more ways to get a good one ^^

Dearest, rate these! :slight_smile:

[name]Fidelia[/name] Deare ([name]Adelaide[/name] + [name]Fire[/name])
Deidrie LaFaye ([name]Adelaide[/name] + Fiery)
[name]Amadea[/name] Fidelle ([name]Adelaide[/name] + [name]Flame[/name])

– [name]Nephele[/name]

[name]Ailsa[/name], you asked for an example so, in addition to what Dearest gave, I’ll do one for myself.

I have always loved the ocean and I always feel happiest when I can dive into waves or dance on a sandy shore. So I chose the word “Oceanid” (a word for an ocean nymph from Greek myth) to describe me. My name makeover is:

[name]Delphine[/name] [name]Oceane[/name] ([name]Nephele[/name] + Oceanid)

And, coincidently, “[name]Delphine[/name]” means “dolphin.” :wink:

– [name]Nephele[/name]

[name]Sandra[/name]- [name]Beach[/name](my favorite place to be)

unicorngal, rate them! :slight_smile:

Branda [name]Chase[/name] ([name]Sandra[/name] + [name]Beach[/name])
[name]Sacha[/name] [name]Brenda[/name] ([name]Sandra[/name] + [name]Beach[/name])
Sorsha Serenada ([name]Sandra[/name] + Seashore)
[name]Sashae[/name] Rosendra ([name]Sandra[/name] + Seashore)

– [name]Nephele[/name]

Well my name is [name]Lisa[/name] and I’ve always felt a spiritual connection with the trees.
so…
[name]Lisa[/name] and Trees or something similar.

This is great, [name]Nephele[/name]! :slight_smile:

Please feel free to pick whichever option is easiest for you:

[name]Jill[/name] Tentrba (anagram of my last name) :slight_smile: + [name]Happy[/name]
[name]Jill[/name] Tentrba + Loving
[name]Jill[/name] Tentrba + Genuine
[name]Jill[/name] Tentrba + Creative

(I included my last name because my first name is so short.)

Thanks! :slight_smile:

disa_lan, try these:

[name]Lisa[/name] + Arboreal =
Abriella [name]Rosa[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name] [name]Rois[/name]
[name]Ariel[/name] [name]Rosalba[/name]

jill, it didn’t work too will with your last name included, and I had to substitute some synonyms for your chosen words, but here you go!

Jerrah Myrtille = [name]Jill[/name] + Merryheart
[name]Clover[/name] [name]Jillane[/name] = [name]Jill[/name] + [name]Love[/name]'n’Care
[name]Jillie[/name] Guenn = [name]Jill[/name] + Genuine
Glori [name]Jillian[/name] = [name]Jill[/name] + Original

– [name]Nephele[/name]

Thanks, [name]Nephele[/name]! I love your synonyms. :slight_smile: I think I’ll go with [name]Clover[/name] for tonight, and then I’ll rotate. :slight_smile:

If you’re feeling bored, I love flowers with all of my heart, so if anything works with flower-lover, I’d love to see the result. :slight_smile: (Only if you’re in the mood, of course.) :slight_smile:

Thank you [name]Nephele[/name]!

1 [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Rois[/name] - My favorite. I think this name is beautiful. I found this very interesting since [name]Arabella[/name] means “beautiful altar” and [name]Rois[/name] means “rose” it really fits with my spiritual connection to trees and nature. It’ is my favorite as far as sound and flow are concerned as well.
1 [name]Ariel[/name] [name]Rosalba[/name] is also very pretty. [name]Rosalba[/name] = white rose. This name feels like it has an angelic innocence to me.
2 Abriella [name]Rosa[/name] I love the the “brie” in Abriella and I do love [name]Rosa[/name] If this name was [name]Brie[/name] [name]Ella[/name] [name]Rosa[/name] I’d give it a 1. Actually if the name was [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Rosa[/name] I’d also give it a 1. It’s still a pretty name I just like the other two better.

I hope I helped in your experiment :slight_smile:

Fantastic!
[name]Amadea[/name] Fidelle gets a 1 from me, [name]Amadea[/name] might be one of my favourite names ever ^^
Deidrie LaFaye will most definitely be my stripper name if ever it comes to that XD So that gives her a 2…
[name]Fidelia[/name] Deare sounds great, but takes some getting used to… She still gets a 1, because she’s very lovely once you get to know her, just like me ^^

What’s also interesting, is that although I could never use [name]Felicity[/name] or [name]Fidelity[/name], both [name]Felicia[/name] and [name]Fidelia[/name] would be very possible… I tend to like the softer, less spunky names for some reason ^^

Keep up the [name]Lovely[/name] work, [name]Nephele[/name]! :slight_smile:

Ooo! Very fun idea!

I’m [name]Eleanor[/name] ([name]Elea[/name]) and I’d say the word for me would be ‘bubbly’ or ‘quirky’ :slight_smile:

[name]Elisabeth[/name] + jolly

[name]Jill[/name], I’ll work some flowers into your name and be back later. Any particular flowers that are your favorites? Oh, wait – I know. I’ll check through my Language of Flowers and select flowers that have symbolic meanings that match up with those words that you chose to describe yourself. ([name]Clover[/name] was my favorite for you, too. Thanks for the feedback!)

Thanks for the feedback, [name]Lisa[/name]! “[name]Arabella[/name] [name]Rois[/name]” would have been my first choice for you, too!

Dearest, yes, “Deidrie LaFaye” could be your stripper name! Hahaha! I agree! Thanks for the feedback!

[name]Elea[/name], try these:

Laurelyn [name]Bobbe[/name] = [name]Eleanor[/name] + Bubbly
Korryne Aquiel = [name]Eleanor[/name] + Quirky

Aquiel was the name of a woman that [name]Geordi[/name] LaForge fell in love with, in an episode of [name]Star[/name] Trek: The Next Generation.

Elsabea, try these:

[name]Elisabeth[/name] + Jolly

[name]Letisha[/name] Joybell
Tishla Joybelle
Josibelle [name]Tylah[/name]
Lillybeth Josea
Josabeth [name]Lilley[/name]
Josabel Lilythe
Joletha [name]Sibylle[/name]

– [name]Nephele[/name]

[name]Jill[/name], the best flower I found to work with your name is the Calycanthus. This flower’s symbolic meaning is “benevolence; good will and kindness to all.” I also had to alter your name a bit (I added a Frenchy-looking “e” to the end of it). Here you go:

Jascyntha [name]Lucille[/name] = Jille + Calycanthus

– [name]Nephele[/name]

I love flowers, too, and fairies - could you get any good names out of

[name]Ailsa[/name] + Flowers (or any particularly nice flower) or
[name]Ailsa[/name] + Fairies

This is very exciting, as always. xxxxx