Your Oldest/"hasn't changed for the longest time" Combo?

Going through my older lists of combos, looking at how much certain combinations changed, noticing that I’ve re-put names on my current short list without realising that I’ve already considered them months or years ago but also seeing how long certain combos have actually been on my list, I’ve been wondering which of the combos on your current short list have been there the longest?

What makes you still love them? Have considered changing them before?
I think these are especially intersting if you’re not about to name a new little human but still have gone years without changing them.

On my list currently, [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] have been on for the longest. Possibly [name_f]Martha[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Martha[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] too ! For boys, [name_u]Addison[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] is my longest standing combination.

@lawsonhaley
They’re all gorgeous, I especially love [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] & [name_f]Martha[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]!
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you know how long they’ve been on your list?

I think the only combo on my current short list that hasn’t changed in months is [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f].
So many 4-syllable middle names sound wonderful with [name_f]Rose[/name_f], I used to change them around on a daily basis ([name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] and [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] being the other names I considered) but while this combo has only been steadily on my list for about 6-9 months (I think), it feels like it’s been around much longer as the idea of it has been.

My loves and hates are always changing… but [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] (a combo my fiance chose, and that soon won my heart) has always been there and I have no interest in changing. I think it is a simple sweetness ans charm. To me there is something timeless about it.

Another name that I’m pretty stuck on, is [name_f]Elise[/name_f]. It is my cousin’s name… but we love it, and think it is beautiful. And although I currently have doubts about our combos for it. I don’t think I’ll ever not love [name_f]Elise[/name_f] - again, pretty, sweet, simple.

DH never had a list, but I did…we ended up completely scrapping it and finding new combos that we love more. Anyhow, even though it isn’t necessarily officially on our list, for the moment, a combo I’ve loved the longest is [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]. The combo actually came from my mom. It’s what she wanted to name my older brother, and any other potential sons, but she wasn’t able to use it. I love the connection to her and also the flow of the name.

On our current short list, [name_m]Dawson[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] have been there the longest. We both like the name [name_m]Dawson[/name_m] and [name_u]James[/name_u] is a middle name of my husband. We both love the name [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and it was the name of his great-grandmother (and is very close the name of his beloved grandmother who passed away a year ago, [name_f]Audray[/name_f]). [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] is another name we like and it has some family/cultural connection on my side.

As far as changing the combos, sure, we’ve tossed around ideas…but we really like what they currently are. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if none of these names are our top choices anymore, they will always hold soft spots in our hearts.

My lists change all the time, but the one that’s been on there the longest is [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]. It’s the only one that hasn’t changed after my husband looked at my list. [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Caius[/name_m] has been on there for a long time as well. I’ve always liked [name_m]Peter[/name_m], but I wasn’t convinced it would make a good first name. My husband loves it though, and [name_m]Caius[/name_m] goes well with it.

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Laetitia[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f], I think. It’s my easiest, most solid combo. I got [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Laetitia[/name_f] from a dream (seriously) and then I just added [name_f]Odette[/name_f] for a second mn, entirely pleased with it. :smiley: I don’t remember how lomg exactly -a few years maybe. There are other names I have loved longer, but as a combo [name_f]Evie[/name_f] wins.

[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_u]Rory[/name_u] has probably been around longer than my other combos, but I do change them quite regularly - enough so that I’ve stopped putting combos in my signature because I kept having to edit it! However I do really like thame [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_u]Rory[/name_u] combo and it probably will stay solid for a long while.

[name_f]Arabella[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]'s been on my list for roughly a year, and I think [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] dates back to when I was about 17, so nearly 4 years. [name_f]Martha[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] has been on for about 2 I believe! :slight_smile:

I remember when you added [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] - it’s still my favourite of your combos!

[name_u]Indigo[/name_u] and [name_f]Juno[/name_f] have both been on my list for as long as I thought about what I wanted to call my future kids, but the combos around them have changed a lot. They both always either had [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] or [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] as one of their middles though, I just switch it around a lot

Hmm… I think my oldest combos might be [name_f]Morgana[/name_f] [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_f]Clio[/name_f] or Rowenna Ailith [name_u]Winter[/name_u], and [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] or [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Lysander[/name_m] [name_m]Wolf[/name_m]. They’ve been on my list for a while as firsts, and I don’t remember spending too much time deciding on the combos (except Rowenna), but I still continue to love them.

My top two combos, [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_m]Sherlock[/name_m] [name_m]Walter[/name_m] and [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] [name_f]Fae[/name_f], have been around for a while too, although I spent ages trying to perfect them. But now I’m used to them, I can’t imagine using any other middles.

In general, most of my longest lasting combos are the ones where when I look back I still enjoy the imagery, flow, and general feel, so I don’t need to think about making any changes!

[name_f]Marie[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] (both honor names)
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m] ([name_m]George[/name_m] honr name)

[name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f] is my longest standing combo (and I don’t see myself changing it anytime soon, or ever)

Both names work wonderfully in English and Danish, [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] is my grandmother’s middle name and she is person I want to honor the most, and furthermore I think it’s a beautiful name and it’s just my style. [name_f]Athena[/name_f] is a Danish princess name, [name_f]Tina[/name_f] [name_f]Fey[/name_f] has used it for a daughter (I love her and everything she does haha), and it’s a badass goddess name (I’ve always been into Greek mythology). :slight_smile:

[name_f]Agnes[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] has been a favourite for a long while now, or [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]. My boys seem to change more frequently, no combos have stuck but the name [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] has been a favourite for a long time.

Hmm, it’s hard to remember when exactly I put a combo on my list of favorites, but my oldest girls’ favorites are probably [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Theophania[/name_f], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Melisande[/name_f], and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f]. I did recently flirt with the idea of [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Christabel[/name_f], but I loved [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Melisande[/name_f] from the moment I came up with it and can’t think of another [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] combo I would love more. As for [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Theophania[/name_f], that’s been on my husband’s and my “official” list for a while. (I think since I was pregnant with [name_m]Liam[/name_m]?) We chose [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] specifically to go with [name_f]Theophania[/name_f], although if I had it my way, I would rather use [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Theophania[/name_f]… On the boys’ side, [name_m]Dominic[/name_m] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] are probably my longest lasting loves, and maybe [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Crispin[/name_m], although [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] is the combo on our “official” list. [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] is a compromise name, though, and my favorite [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] combo has remained [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Crispin[/name_m] for a while now.

From my long list, I found that it is actually [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] [name_f]Camille[/name_f]. I have a top 100 list for both genders (I update it when I find that it gets too out of date) and I found [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] [name_f]Camille[/name_f] on my 2012, 2014, and 2016 lists! She probably ranks in my low 80s range, but has always been there. I’ve never considered her for a potential child or even for my nameberry signature. For boys, it’s probably [name_u]Kieran[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]. He wasn’t on the 2012 list, but was on the other two. He was my #2 choice a few years ago, but is probably in the 40s range now.

On my short list, I like to keep it fresh. I’ve had [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] and [name_m]Archer[/name_m] [name_u]Murray[/name_u] though for a couple of years, and I’m finding them hard to update. Girl names I tend to update more often. [name_f]Nola[/name_f] [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] and Saela [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] are pretty set in stone (although I toyed with Saela [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]).

My oldest combination has to be [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u], and while I still love it, it’s not my favourite anymore. I have many that have hung on for years and I haven’t grown tired of them yet but, unfortunately, that’s something that happens with me quite often lol!

My fave boy combo has always been [name_m]Eric[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. So I was so pleased when DH independently suggested [name_m]Arthur[/name_m].

My girl names have more Flux, but lily has always topped my list along with elise.

I’ve never made combos but my top boys name [name_m]Eamon[/name_m] has been the same since 2008 while [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] has always been one of my favourites. [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] was my favourite name when I was 5 but it’s only just made it back onto my top 20 list.

This thread is perfect, since I just updated my signature! Looking back on my old one, (it had been a while since I changed it), some of the names make me cringe! [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Blue[/name_u] has been on my list a while, and was one of the few survivors from my update! :slight_smile: