Your Opinion is Needed!

So I recently settled on my top 10 girl and boy name! I would like your honest opinion on my girl names! I’ve never found my top ten before and I really love these name!

Top Ten Girls:
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Alba[/name]
[name]Ebba[/name]
[name]Lou[/name]
[name]Maura[/name]
[name]Nova[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Sienna[/name]
[name]Cate[/name]

*you should check out my boy name post as well!
https://nameberry.com/nametalk/threads/115206-Your-Opinion-Is-Needed!?p=1702828#post1702828

[name]Sophie[/name] --This one is my LEAST favorite on the list, because popularity is my number one turn-off to a name, and [name]Sophia[/name] is the top girls’ name in the U.S. I am not into [name]Sophie[/name] at all. Sorry. :frowning:

[name]Charlotte[/name] – I REALLY like this. A lot. But again, its popularity turns me right off to it.

[name]Alba[/name] – Now THIS is cool. I really like this. :slight_smile: You may also like [name]Abitha[/name].

[name]Ebba[/name] – Ahh, how cute is this! Most posters will tell you that this should be a nickname for something more formal, but I am in [name]LOVE[/name] with nicknamey names as given names. You may also like [name]Eppie[/name]. If you get talked into using a longer name, consider [name]Elsbeth[/name] (or [name]Elspeth[/name] for [name]Eppie[/name]!).

[name]Lou[/name] – I like this as the second half of a double-barrel first name (ie, [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Lou[/name]…that would actually make me like [name]Sophie[/name] a little bit!). :slight_smile:

[name]Maura[/name] – Oooh, I know a girl named [name]Maura[/name] and am so glad to see someone else liking it. Very pretty and unique, but not weird. Spellable, pronouncable…great choice. You may also like [name]Marin[/name].

[name]Nova[/name] – [name]LOVE[/name] this! So beautiful and simple yet exotic.

[name]Tess[/name] – I really like this. I like [name]Tessa[/name] better, but [name]Tess[/name] is cool too.

[name]Sienna[/name] --Meh. It’s not bad. I feel like this went through a popular phase about a decade ago?

[name]Cate[/name] – I find this boring compared to most of your others here, but it would make a great middle name to set them off.

[name]Sophie[/name] - Very sweet. And while I think it’s adorable, that’s kind of the thing. I’m not sure it’d age well.
[name]Charlotte[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name], one of my favorites as well! I love the nn [name]Lottie[/name].
[name]Alba[/name] - I don’t really like this one. It sounds a bit strange to me and all I think of is [name]Jessica[/name] [name]Alba[/name].
[name]Ebba[/name] - Not a fan.
[name]Lou[/name] - Cute as a nn for [name]Louise[/name]/[name]Louisa[/name].
[name]Maura[/name] - It’s OK, doesn’t really sound special to me.
[name]Nova[/name] - Like it. I think it’s really pretty and underused. Probably my favorite “N” girls names.
[name]Tess[/name] - I like it, but I think it’s better kept as a nn for [name]Therese[/name]/[name]Theresa[/name].
[name]Sienna[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it. Pretty, very feminine and it’s not too common.
[name]Cate[/name] - Dislike the spelling, but I like [name]Kate[/name].

Thank you so much for your feedback! :slight_smile: I’m so glad you like [name]Alba[/name] and [name]Ebba[/name], I was so worried about people thinking they were so strange!

I like [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Sienna[/name] the best. [name]Sophie[/name] is way too common, and [name]Alba[/name] doesn’t sound that pretty to me. [name]Lou[/name] is nice too.

[name]Alba[/name] is my favorite, and one of our girl names! I’m obsessed with [name]Audrey[/name] Niffenegger’s book, The Time [name]Traveler[/name]'s Wife, which has a little girl character named [name]Alba[/name]. [name]Love[/name] it!

I like these names…

[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Alba[/name]
[name]Maura[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Sienna[/name]

I really love [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Nova[/name] and [name]Sienna[/name]!

[name]Sophie[/name]- Honestly, I like [name]Sophie[/name], but only with a certain pronunciation. When it’s said with a hint of an English accent I find it beautiful, but otherwise…meh.
[name]Charlotte[/name]-I like this, but I’m not in love with it, if you know what I mean.
[name]Alba[/name]- very cool. I have never heard this and it reminds me of the bird, albatross. It’s definitely useable.
[name]Ebba[/name]- I like this too. I prefer [name]Etta[/name] and [name]Ella[/name], but [name]Ella[/name] is already so popular and I’ve heard that [name]Etta[/name] is heading that way, too. [name]Ebba[/name] would fit right in with all of the Ellas, Ettas and Emmas of today.
[name]Lou[/name]- Hmmm…I’m not sure what to think. I would prefer it as a nickname to something- perhaps [name]Louisa[/name] or [name]Lois[/name]- but it’s cute on its own too.
[name]Maura[/name]- For some reason this reminds me of a mouse. :slight_smile:
[name]Nova[/name]- Never been a fan. I prefer [name]Nola[/name].
[name]Tess[/name]- I like it. Simple and strong.
[name]Sienna[/name]- I dislike this name. It feels…I don’t know…tacky, I guess.
[name]Cate[/name]- Again, cute, strong and simple. The ‘C’ spelling feels refreshing, yet not unheard of or made up.