Your Opinion on name Romilly?

See the results of this poll: Romilly?

Respondents: 36 (This poll is closed)

• I love it! : 18 (50%)
  • Ugh, I really dislike it! : 6 (17%)
  • It’s okay, I guess… : 12 (33%)
  • Dislike it, but like variations like Roma and Romilda: 0 (0%)

I love the name [name]Romilly[/name]! It’s actually in my top five :slight_smile: and fairly unused.

I love it, it’s very pretty and cute.

It think it’s so silly and annoying. Mainly because over the years, I’ve come to see that the people who like it think it’s super hipster and unique (and tend to have very vintage/feminine styles) yet claim to hate “trendy/masculine surnames”.

To me it’s no different than [name]Bailey[/name] or [name]Avery[/name] - not my style at all. I don’t see the point of using a surname as a first name unless there’s some family connection to it.

I didn’t know [name]Romilly[/name] was a surname… Hm. Well, I like surnames as first names anyway, so no problem for me. I don’t think it sounds masculine at all. Could you picture a little boy with this name? No way :slight_smile:

As far as surnames go, it’s really one of the best ones.

I do like it.

@sugarplumfairy - thanks for your honesty…actually, I think that it’s one of the more feminine surname-names…
@ottilie - thanks!
@imperioustigerlily - I agree completely :slight_smile:
@kessed - :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for your opinion! I’d be glad to hear more!

I voted “eh, it’s okay, I guess”, but really I like it more than that–I just don’t love it. I do like it quite a bit, and I think [name]Romy[/name] and [name]Millie[/name] are cute nns for it. I know two girls who are sisters, [name]Waverly[/name] and [name]Romilly[/name], and I always find myself loving Wave’s name more than [name]Rommy[/name]'s. It’s a nice name, just not something I’d ever use. It is really sweet, though, and a little girl would be lucky to have it!

I <3 it!!!