Your opinions- just days until delivery

[name]Hi[/name] :slight_smile: We have had the hardest time choosing a name for our little guy. His sister is [name]Ava[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and our last name is M.

we like [name]Mason[/name] [name]Christopher[/name] M - the double M sounds nice, we think, but there are many drawbacks to this popular name, although we like it. I also like [name]Carter[/name], but hubby doesn’t. Anyone else have thoughts on [name]Mason[/name] or have another suggestion?

Thanks!

We’re due with a boy in [name]November[/name] and have decided to name him [name]Christopher[/name] so I love your middle name!

[name]Carter[/name] is just as popular as [name]Mason[/name], so I’d go with the name that you truly love.

[name]Mason[/name] flows better with [name]Ava[/name] and I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Christopher[/name].

I think [name]Mason[/name] is perfect with [name]Ava[/name]!

I agree, [name]Mason[/name] [name]Christopher[/name] sounds like the right choice!

[name]Mason[/name] [name]Christopher[/name] sounds good with [name]Ava[/name] [name]Grace[/name], while [name]Mason[/name] is definitely a popular name, I view it as classic and handsome as opposed to trendy.

Other Suggestions

[name]Adam[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Archer[/name] - however, with these three not sure how you feel about both your children’s names starting with A?
[name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Clay[/name]

I like [name]Mason[/name] with [name]Ava[/name].

Suggestions-

[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Mark[/name]
[name]Martin[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Aaron[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]

I’m biased… I have a nine-year-old son named [name]Mason[/name], so I obviously love that name! I agree with previous poster – we picked it because it was classic without being trendy. Perfect for a little guy and also a great name for a grown man. And it flows so well with [name]Christopher[/name]. We’ve only met one other child with the same name (same age and a neighbor, they are best buds – what are the odds!!).

Is [name]Mason[/name] really all that popular? I wouldn’t worry about it. It’s lovely and it sounds nice next to [name]Christopher[/name]. No worries!

I think [name]Mason[/name] [name]Christopher[/name] is a very handsome name, it’s strong while still being interesting and I love the inclusion of the classic [name]Christopher[/name]! [name]Ava[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Mason[/name] [name]Christopher[/name] work well together and form a really cohesive sibset. [name]Carter[/name] [name]Christopher[/name] M doesn’t have the same flow to it and if your husband doesn’t like it I think it’s a bit late to try to change his mind. I would go with the name you both like especially because it is a lovely combination that seems to fit well with your family. Good luck and congrats on your little boy!

I think [name]Mason[/name] [name]Christopher[/name] is very nice. And if the [name]Mason[/name] is the name you love, you should go with it. [name]How[/name] popularity will actually effect you is a guessing game anyway. The year my son was born the top 10 boys names were [name]Michael[/name], [name]Jacob[/name], [name]Matthew[/name], [name]Joshua[/name], [name]Christopher[/name], [name]Nicholas[/name], [name]Brandon[/name], [name]Tyler[/name], [name]Andrew[/name] and [name]Austin[/name]. My son’s circle of friends, classmates and acquaintances include no Michaels, [name]Matthews[/name], Christophers, Brandons, Tylers, or Austins. He knows one [name]Joshua[/name], two Andrews and more Jacobs and Nicholases than you can count. Earlier today on another thread a college-aged NB mentioned that she knew both a [name]Polly[/name] and a [name]Molly[/name]. Favorites of mine, but I have never personally met a [name]Polly[/name] or [name]Molly[/name] in my life. Point is, you can’t predict.

That said, if the potential of ‘too popular’ bothers you, you could consider more

• Occupational names: [name]Slater[/name], [name]Abbott[/name], [name]Mercer[/name], [name]Tolliver[/name], [name]Porter[/name], [name]Draper[/name], etc…
  • M names: [name]Macon[/name], [name]Marcus[/name], [name]Malloy[/name], [name]Mathieson[/name], etc.

Good luck.

I say, go for [name]Mason[/name] [name]Christopher[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are wonderful names and fit well with [name]Ava[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Mason[/name] would be too popular for me (I think it is #2 now), but there’s nothing wrong with it.

If I was matching with [name]Ava[/name], I might look at some of the more regal-sounding names (I think of [name]Ava[/name] as very glamorous).

[name]Ava[/name] and [name]James[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] and [name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] and [name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] and [name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] and [name]Miles[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] and [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] and [name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] and [name]Simon[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] and [name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] and [name]Reid[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] and [name]William[/name]

Mimicking your daughters name, [name]Ava[/name] [name]Grace[/name], with another 3 letter first name would be nice too.

[name]Leo[/name] [name]Christopher[/name]
[name]Eli[/name] [name]Christopher[/name]
[name]Ian[/name] [name]Christopher[/name]

[name]Mason[/name] is indeed popular (in the US): Popular Baby Names–it’s #2 overall right now. My husband and I are due in [name]September[/name] and we’ve been dissuaded from using it for anything other than a middle name. By comparison, [name]Carter[/name] is somewhere in the 20s right now, I think.
[name]Mason[/name] [name]Christopher[/name] is a lovely pairing. Good luck figuring out the perfect name!

What are the other drawbacks other than that it’s very popular? It’s almost equally as popular as [name]Ava[/name]. (#2 and #5 most popular). It’s a nice name. [name]Carter[/name] is trying to be cool but is just generic and meaningless. I actually have a friend with two kids—big sister [name]Ava[/name] and baby boy [name]Mason[/name]. I think it’s a cute sibset.