Your Pets' Names

Thank you! :heart: He’s a bit of a goofball like the character too, so his name seems fitting!

1 Like

I currently have 3 dogs, [name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], Panda [name_m]Bear[/name_m], & [name_u]Penny[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], all females.

• [name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is the only one we got to name. We wanted to give her a Disney name, because my family’s a big fan of Disney and we’ve never gotten to name a dog with a Disney name. We had given up on that and just went with my mom’s original suggestion of [name_f]Ella[/name_f], and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] was a middle name that I was testing out and it just stuck. We didn’t realize until after that that we had named her after [name_f]Cinderella[/name_f] ([name_f]Ella[/name_f]) and Beauty and the Beast ([name_f]Rose[/name_f]).
  • Panda has spots on her eyes, so her previous owners named her that, we added the [name_m]Bear[/name_m] because it just comes naturally after a name like Panda.
  • [name_u]Penny[/name_u] is the copper color of a penny, so her previous owners named her that and we added the [name_f]Grace[/name_f] without even planning to, it just naturally happened.

I also have 8 cats currently (one of them is a new addition, too!): Leondré “[name_m]Leon[/name_m]”, Chocolate “Choc”, [name_f]Callie[/name_f] (the [name_f]Calico[/name_f]), [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] [name_m]Bear[/name_m] “[name_m]Ted[/name_m]”, Superman, [name_f]Tiny[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_u]Angel[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], & [name_f]Luna[/name_f] (the new addition!).
Most of them were named randomly.

• Leondré was just [name_m]Leon[/name_m] and I had heard the name Leondré recently and just started calling him that and now my sister calls him that, too (no one else does, though).
  • Chocolate was just named that because she’s the color of dark chocolate.
  • [name_f]Callie[/name_f] was named that because I was in love with the name [name_f]Callie[/name_f], and she’s a [name_f]Calico[/name_f] cat so I thought it would be cute if she was [name_f]Callie[/name_f] the [name_f]Calico[/name_f].
  • [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] [name_m]Bear[/name_m] was named this because he literally snuggles you as if he were a teddy bear, it’s actually hilarious.
  • Superman was named by a little boy we were babysitting a couple years ago, he (the cat) didn’t have a name yet and [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] said “Superman!” and it stuck.
  • [name_f]Tiny[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] was named this because she was the runt of the litter and was so small when she was born that she fit in the palm of your hand. I added the [name_f]Grace[/name_f] because I wanted her to have a middle name.
  • [name_u]Angel[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] was just named [name_u]Angel[/name_u] on a whim. I think my sister named her that because we’d had a cat named [name_u]Angel[/name_u] before that had run off. Her middle name just happened, too, it wasn’t planned.
  • [name_f]Luna[/name_f] is just a name my sister likes, I think, cause she just said “I want to name the new kitty [name_f]Luna[/name_f]” randomly.

Yes, I do have 3 pets that share the same middle name. And yes, I do have 11 pets (and that’s not counting the 30-ish chickens in the coop). You should’ve seen us when we had 80 rabbits, or 300 chickens, or 30 cats. (I’ve lived on a farm for the past 7 years if you’re completely baffled at this)

2 Likes

We share custody of an Aussie Cattle Dog that was rescued by my husband nearly a decade ago. According to OH, his “government name” is [name_m]John[/name_m] W. [name_m]Nelson[/name_m], but he just goes by [name_m]Nelson[/name_m].

Or, among friends, [name_u]Nelly[/name_u].

I have a 2 year old orange tabby cat named [name_u]Rowen[/name_u] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], nicknamed Rowie.

1 Like

I have a cavachon named [name_f]Sugar[/name_f](because she’s white) but I call her Shugzies

1 Like

Right now I have two dogs. One is a [name_u]Golden[/name_u] Retriever that we named [name_u]Beau[/name_u] and the other is a Shih Tzu that we adopted from my great uncle. His name was [name_m]Champ[/name_m] when we got him and he was too old to change it. [name_u]Beau[/name_u] was the only name that my siblings, my mum and I could agree on. The other big contenders were [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] (runner-up), [name_m]Odin[/name_m] (which would have been hilarious, because my dog is afraid of everything) and [name_u]Milo[/name_u]. I often call him [name_m]Beauregard[/name_m].

My first pet was a Siberian Husky that I named Demon. I wanted a Husky after the movie [name_u]Snow[/name_u] Dogs and I named him after the fog from the movie.

Other pets I had growing up was a miniature poodle, my mum’s dog, that she named [name_f]Buffy[/name_f]. It was during the era when [name_f]Buffy[/name_f] the Vampire Slayer was popular, but I don’t think she was named after that. The other pet I had was a cat. He was grey and my dad got him for my mum for her first mother’s day. She named him [name_u]Shadow[/name_u]. Then, my sister got a [name_f]Sun[/name_f] Conure for her birthday and named him JoJo ([name_m]Joseph[/name_m]), which was chosen for the purpose that he may be able to say his name.

1 Like

This is such a cute thread!

My boyfriend and I have a golden retriever named Fergus. I’m Scottish and feel homesick quite a lot, so he asked me to come up with some Scottish names as a way to honour my heritage. He picked Fergus because he thought it sounded like a happy and loveable dog - which he is!
We also plan to have another dog one day named Esme as an honour to Esmeralda, because the dancer emoji was our emoji of choice when we first started dating to the point where we named her Esmeralda.

When I was still living with my parents, we adopted two cats. When I picked up the first one I just felt an immediate connection and named her by my childhood nickname, Minnie. Going with the disney theme, we named our black cat Baloo because she looked like a black bear cub as a kitten.

My family got a Goldendoodle named Bogey for my golden birthday! He is a family dog, though. I’ve always hated the name Bogey. We picked it because my family is big into golf (a Bogey is a score in golf that’s 1 over par on a single hole. It’s just a term for a score like “touchdown” or “three-pointer”), but in Australia, “Bogey” is the word for “booger”. In hindsight, this was probably a good name because my dog is a total booger. :joy:

1 Like

I have two cats, however, one was a family pet I took in after my parent passed away so I only named one of them. I’ll talk about his name.

His name’s [name_m]Montague[/name_m] MacGyver Lastname (yes, the pets get the last name in my family haha).

Mostly, he goes by [name_m]Monty[/name_m]. I like people names for pets, and [name_m]Montague[/name_m] is for [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], as I am a HUGE [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] nerd.

Monty also has many nicknames, including Montymew (my best friend, his “auntie,” calls him that), M, Montasaurus [name_u]Rex[/name_u], Mr. [name_m]Mont[/name_m], and a bunch of things that have nothing to do with his name (for instance, they include Moo and Birdy).

Oh, and his middle name is MacGyver simply because that’s the name the rescue/his fosters gave him, and his foster family were amazing so I wanted to honor them. Idk if future pets will have middles but they likely will to keep up the pattern.

My [name_m]Monty[/name_m] is a loud, cuddly, overgrown kitten (he’s two) with three legs and big blue eyes and I just adore him (and my other kitty, an 18 year old whip-smart tiny void girl, is equally amazing).

We have three female cats
The oldest one is Sassy, partly because of Homeward Bound but mostly because she’s, well, sassy lol, she’s a dilute tortoiseshell and 8 years old.
The next youngest is [name_u]Stacy[/name_u], she’s a gingerish brown mottled tabby. Uhhh my little brother named her and we thought it was cute lol I always think human names on pets are cute, she is 3 years old.
The youngest is named [name_u]Coco[/name_u], we like to call her [name_u]Coco[/name_u] [name_f]Chanel[/name_f], [name_u]Coco[/name_u] Puff, [name_u]Coco[/name_u] [name_f]Kitty[/name_f], but she most often hears “no no, [name_u]Coco[/name_u]”. She’s a pretty Siamese and a year old.

2 Likes

My dog’s name is [name_m]Monty[/name_m]!

His “full name” is [name_m]Montague[/name_m] [name_m]Dyson[/name_m] [name_m]Elvis[/name_m] :joy::joy:

1 Like

A black cat called [name_f]Pixie[/name_f]. As a kitten she was the runt, impish and always preferred to be up high so that’s why she is like a pixie.
A tortishell cat called [name_f]Freya[/name_f]. She is so pretty and really liked the idea of her being a little lady. [name_f]Freya[/name_f] is Norse for noble lady.

Pixie used to have a sister called [name_u]Piper[/name_u]. But [name_u]Piper[/name_u] went away and never came back which I’m still gutted about to this day.

Fish: Goldman & Goldman II. [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m], [name_m]Raphael[/name_m], [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] & [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
Snails: [name_u]Gary[/name_u] & [name_f]Patricia[/name_f]

Axolotl: [name_m]Albert[/name_m]

Gecko: [name_m]Bernard[/name_m]

[name_f]My[/name_f] house has always been like a Petsmart but at the moment we have…

Two dogs, Hubley and [name_u]Ryder[/name_u]. Hubley was the breeder’s last name. [name_u]Ryder[/name_u] was originally going to be [name_u]Parker[/name_u] but it didn’t quite fit so I went with another name ending in -er.

A cat named [name_f]Jade[/name_f]. When I found her I thought she was a boy and had been calling her [name_m]Jake[/name_m]. Once I found out she was a girl I just changed one letter.

Six fish. [name_f]My[/name_f] smaller tank includes Sparks, Shere Khan, [name_f]Hikari[/name_f], and [name_m]Orpheus[/name_m]. Sparks got his name because he kind of zaps around the tank very fast, Shere Khan from his orange/red and black coloring, [name_f]Hikari[/name_f] is a Japanese name meaning brilliance or light- perfect for his shiny gold scales, and [name_m]Orpheus[/name_m] is a lyre-tail guppy, so his name came from the most famous lyre player in mythology. [name_f]My[/name_f] larger tank has [name_u]Blue[/name_u] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]. [name_u]Blue[/name_u] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] got her name from her super bright blue spots and [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] is named after [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] [name_f]Stefani[/name_f]!

We never had pets growing up, except for the occasional beta fish, but then my dad finally caved and we got both a cat and a dog in the past two years

My cats name is [name_m]Rudolph[/name_m], “[name_u]Rudy[/name_u]” for short. We got him at the end of [name_u]November[/name_u] and all the kittens in the litter from the OSPCA were named after [name_f]Santa[/name_f]’s reindeer. [name_f]My[/name_f] whole family liked the name, and we thought it was fitting since he was technically an early [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] present, so we decided to keep it.

My dog’s name is [name_f]Leia[/name_f], like the [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars character. [name_f]My[/name_f] dad has seen every [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars movie in theatres, it’s his favourite movie of all time. He and my mom got the dog as a surprise when my siblings and I were at camp and while we were there he called her a variety of [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars names like [name_u]Rey[/name_u], [name_f]Padme[/name_f], [name_f]Jin[/name_f], and of course [name_f]Leia[/name_f]. Since my brother’s name is [name_m]Luke[/name_m], named after [name_m]Luke[/name_m] Skywalker, and it was just a week before his birthday, we went with [name_f]Leia[/name_f]. :grinning:

Dog- [name_u]Bean[/name_u] (Butterbean)
[name_f]Cat[/name_f]-[name_u]Pepper[/name_u]
[name_m]Fish[/name_m]- Goldman II, [name_m]Raphael[/name_m], [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m], [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m] & [name_m]Stephano[/name_m]

When I was younger my family and I had 2 cats called [name_f]Bella[/name_f] & [name_u]Gio[/name_u] after a hotel my parents stayed at called the Bellagio! [name_f]Bella[/name_f] was a British [name_u]Blue[/name_u] and [name_u]Gio[/name_u] was a British Colourpoint.

My dogs are called [name_f]Stella[/name_f] and [name_f]Roxie[/name_f] :dog::dog:

My pets are:

Onyx- hybrid dwarf hamster
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]- rat
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]- rat
Skittles- parakeet

Sister 1:

Whipcream- parakeet
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]- gerbil
[name_f]Athena[/name_f]- gerbil
[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]- rat
[name_u]Ash[/name_u]- rat
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]- rat
[name_u]Remy[/name_u]- rat
[name_u]Koa[/name_u]- pac man frog

Sister 2:

Harry- rat
[name_u]Dusty[/name_u]- rat

Mom:

Eve- rat
[name_u]Noel[/name_u]- rat

Family pets:

Cookie- cat
[name_u]Boo[/name_u]- cat
[name_u]Milo[/name_u]- cat
Snickers- cat
OJ- cat
[name_f]Loulou[/name_f]- bunny

Timbit. Because I live in [name_f]Canada[/name_f] and I love the sweet, LOL.

1 Like