Your preference... and suggestions welcome!

See the results of this poll: Your preference…and suggestions welcome!

Respondents: 97 (This poll is closed)

• Maris Kathleen : 16 (16%)
  • Marigold Alice : 21 (22%)
  • Maren Alice : 18 (19%)
  • Alice Esme: 42 (43%)

I voted for [name_f]Alice[/name_f], but I’m not sure about the combo with [name_f]Esme[/name_f], since the end of [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and the beginning of [name_f]Esme[/name_f] sound so similar. (Plus, there’s the Twilight connection that you may want to avoid.) I think either [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] or [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] has better flow. (My choice would be [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], which makes [name_f]Alice[/name_f] feel more youthful.)

[name_f]Maren[/name_f] and [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] are too similar, I think.

Thanks for your response!

I didn’t even think about [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] and [name_f]Maren[/name_f] being too similar.

Also, thank you ofr pointing out the Twilight thing… I’m not a fan but I do know that ‘[name_f]Bella[/name_f]’ is the main character’s name and I definitely don’t want to have a bunch of Twilight girl names.

Then I would avoid [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. I’m not a fan of Twilight either, never read the series or saw the movies, but I do know that fans are choosing [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f], as well as [name_f]Bella[/name_f], because of it.

I would also avoid [name_f]Maren[/name_f] because it’s so close to [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], as already stated.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Alice[/name_f]? Or [name_f]Elise[/name_f]? [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is really sweet. [name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] also…

A lot of your names are in my signature!

Although it may bother you, I don’t think it’s such a huge deal to have [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Bella[/name_f] in the same set, I mean there are five others to break it up, so it’s not like it’s a theme. Also I don’t think [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is even a particularly major character, I had to look up who she was and I’ve seen the films. If it were [name_f]Bella[/name_f] and [name_m]Edward[/name_m] I’d say no but I wouldn’t let that association discourage you

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Maren[/name_f] (<my autocorrect changed that to Marengo, which is hmm… not exactly your style) and Maris are all lovely underused classics, neither old fashioned or trendy, like all of your other choices

The similar ending with Ronan may be the thing to push you away from Maren and more towards Maris, which is incidentally my favourite

The combo Maris Kathleen also works really well, and fits in with the subtle irish theme you’ve got going on, so that would be my pick

I love [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] (which i voted for) and [name_f]Maren[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Alice[/name_f] fits best with sibs, so if I could vote over again it would be for [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f]! which is also very nice.

Thanks for your response!

Not a fan of [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f] but I do appreciate your suggestion!

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is so pretty! I love [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], its a nice flower and a unique name with nickname possibilities! [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is one of my absolute favorites and is a classic.

I voted for [name_f]Maris[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] even though I think [name_f]Alice[/name_f] fits best because I’m not keen on [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f] as a combo. I do agree with a previous comment though: [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] sounds incredibly beautiful! It has my vote (and not because [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] was one of my suggestions)

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is absolutely divine.

I prefer [name_f]Alice[/name_f] with siblings but as previous posters have mentioned not crazy about the middle [name_f]Esme[/name_f] with it… [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] or [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] would be my choice. The other names are nice, marigold is very sweet, and i have loved [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] for a long time… Not too keen on [name_f]Maren[/name_f] though, personally. To me, [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] and ‘[name_f]Mari[/name_f]’ (if that was a nickname for marigold) are too close to [name_f]Mia[/name_f] though. As far as suggestions go…

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] makes me think of…
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Elaine[/name_f]

[name_f]Esme[/name_f] makes me think of…
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]

[name_f]Mavis[/name_f] makes me think of…
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Irene[/name_f]
[name_f]Doris[/name_f]

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] makes me think of…
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
Gloria

Also I like [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]…nn… [name_u]Kit[/name_u]!

I love [name_f]Maren[/name_f] & [name_f]Esme[/name_f] from your list, but I think [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] or [name_f]Maris[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] fits best with the sibling set. :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] and [name_f]Maren[/name_f] but voted for [name_f]Maren[/name_f].

You might like [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f].

I think it’s fine to pick [name_f]Alice[/name_f], just not paired with [name_f]Esme[/name_f] due to them both being Twilight names. I think [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] would be beautiful!

Oh, I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]! Hadn’t thought of that one. Thanks!

I would love to see

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Cathleen[/name_f]

I voted for [name_f]Alice[/name_f] but I don’t think it particularly works with [name_f]Esme[/name_f]. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f] instead?

I’m the same as pp. I love [name_f]Alice[/name_f] the most and I think it fits best with your older kids, however I don’t like [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f]. First of all, the repeated s sound, 2 syllable thing bothers me, I think the names are too similar. Secondly, [name_f]Alice[/name_f] & [name_f]Esme[/name_f] are both twilight characters. Now, Twilight really isn’t popular anymore, so I don’t think your daughter would ever realize the connection, but still. It’s too much. I wouldn’t mind having [name_f]Alice[/name_f] or [name_f]Esme[/name_f] (even with sister [name_f]Bella[/name_f] because there are other kids and the sibset isn’t just the two of them).

So far, all of your kids have their own initial. By using [name_f]Maris[/name_f], [name_f]Maren[/name_f] or [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], you are eliminating that because of [name_f]Mia[/name_f]. I also think these three names are a bit outside your sibset style. If that doesn’t bother you, that’s ok, it’s just my taste.

I think [name_f]Alice[/name_f] would work better with any other name of the ones you like. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f] are all good. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Maris[/name_f] has the same s problem as [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] would be really cute!

I love the suggestions of [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] (I don’t know much about Twilight) and [name_f]Margot[/name_f]! [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f], maybe? I think [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] takes the prize for me though, as [name_f]Margot[/name_f] has a similar sounding ending to [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. The vibe of [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is so sweet and I prefer the flow considerably to [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f].

Ooh [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is lovely option

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] maybe? Or [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] or [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] or [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Nuala[/name_f] or [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]