Your Suggestions Wanted!

For some unknown reason, I am unable to find a girl’s name that I love. I am constantly finding boys names, but am clueless when it comes to girls. I have spent hours searching the web, but none of them have hit me as the “it!” name…I am hoping some of you smart name berries may be able to help me find the perfect name for a girl. Below are some girls names that I do like, but not love–just so you have an idea of my taste.

[name]Juliet[/name] - a beautiful name, but I can’t help but think of [name]Romeo[/name] & [name]Juliet[/name], plus my husband hates it…

[name]Lillian[/name] - used to be a favorite, however, the soaring popularity of everything [name]LILY[/name] has killed it somewhat for me. Also am worried of the shortening to " [name]Lil[/name] "…could be bad with our last name.

[name]Hannah[/name] - again a beautiful name, but it lost its appeal after I met little [name]Hannah[/name] #5000

[name]Felicity[/name] - love the meaning, the sound, everything…except I’m not in to her initials being F.F. The flow with the last name ruins it :frowning:

[name]Lucy[/name] - husband loves it, I’m trying to love it…mmm, it’s OK.

[name]Sienna[/name] - this is a new one I heard recently that may have potential?

And just for good measure ( and to keep the girls names “in sync” with my boys ) - [name]Liam[/name] and [name]Elias[/name] (nn [name]Eli[/name])

Thank you in advance for any advice you are able to offer! <3

Here’s a few suggestions that may appeal to you:

Almarine
Briseis
[name]Cassia[/name]
[name]Fiorella[/name]
[name]Gloria[/name]
[name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Isaline[/name]
[name]Regina[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Felicia[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Farrah[/name]
[name]Sybil[/name]
[name]Sable[/name]

[name]How[/name] do you feel about [name]Lulu[/name]? It can be a nn for [name]Lucy[/name] and it reminds me of [name]Liliana[/name]. If it’s too cutesy for you, you could do [name]Luella[/name] or Louette or [name]Lucille[/name]. [name]Ruby[/name] also reminds me of [name]Sienna[/name] for some reason. ([name]Don[/name]'t know why, they’re very different!) I think that’s be cute with [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Liam[/name].

I love [name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name] from your list! [name]Sienna[/name] is very trendy, and a place, not a name. It doesn’t really seem to fit with the rest of your list. I agree about [name]Hannah[/name]-- I’ve met so many that the name is just boring.

It’s funny, I’m the opposite of you-- I have millions of favorite girl’s names, but only a handful of boy’s names I like. Actually, [name]Liam[/name] and [name]Elias[/name] both happen to be included in that bunch! So anyway, what about:

[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Serena[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Marianne[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Liora[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Liana[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Caterina[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Samara[/name]
[name]Annora[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]

[name]Luciana[/name] nn [name]Lucy[/name].

A couple of names I immediately thought of:
[name]Juliana[/name] (combines elements of [name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Hannah[/name])
[name]Vivian[/name] (similar sound to [name]Lillian[/name], but much less popular and much more fun and bold)
[name]Lucretia[/name] (another way to get to [name]Lucy[/name] without using one of the more obvious choices - [name]Lucille[/name], [name]Lucia[/name], or [name]Lucinda[/name]. I also thought you might like this one because it reminds me somehow of [name]Felicity[/name]).

I really like [name]Felicity[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] from you list.
What about [name]Thessaly[/name] or [name]Cecily[/name] if [name]Felicity[/name] doesn’t quite work with your last name.

how about

[name]Adalie[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Carina[/name]
[name]Elena[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Leila[/name]
[name]Scarlet[/name]
[name]Vienna[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

As an alternative to [name]Juliet[/name], have you considered [name]Viola[/name]?
As an alternative to [name]Lucy[/name], have you considered [name]Alice[/name]?
As an alternative to [name]Felicity[/name], how about [name]Honor[/name] or [name]Amity[/name]?
As an alternative to [name]Lillian[/name], how about [name]Gillian[/name]?
As an alternative to [name]Hannah[/name], how about [name]Leah[/name] or Hosannah?
As an alternative to [name]Sierra[/name], how about [name]Saffron[/name], [name]Aurora[/name], or [name]River[/name]?

Good luck?

My stylish friend has three daughters: Luti, [name]Vita[/name] and [name]Freda[/name]. [name]Aren[/name]'t they great names?

[name]Juliet[/name]:
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]

[name]Lillian[/name]:
[name]Lilia[/name]
[name]Lilla[/name]
[name]Liliane[/name]
[name]Lilou[/name]

Never heard of Luti, [name]Vida[/name] isn’t my style but I love [name]Freda[/name] :slight_smile:

Reminds me of [name]Freda[/name] [name]Payne[/name]! Nice to see this name in use :slight_smile:

Wow-this is awesome! Everyone’s suggestions are really helpful, thank you :slight_smile:
I’m most drawn to the names:
[name]Celeste[/name] (gorgeous…but why does my husband have to ruin everything by playing the rhyming games with every name I put out there! I said [name]Celeste[/name]…he said molest…oh geez)

[name]Naomi[/name] - he hasn’t ruined this one for me yet! haha

[name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] are growing on me simultaneously…

[name]Vienna[/name] - much better than [name]Sienna[/name]!!!

[name]Greta[/name] - sounds classic, intelligent, and cute all at the same time

[name]Juliana[/name] - pretty, but hoping it doesn’t yield the nn [name]Julie[/name]

Also still playing around with: [name]Celia[/name], [name]Cecilia[/name], [name]Luella[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Louise[/name]/[name]Luisa[/name], [name]Gwendolyn[/name], and [name]AURORA[/name] (this one used to be on my list with nn [name]Rory[/name], people discouraged it off my list with saying it is difficult to pronounce…do you think so?)

Thanks again everyone-you may have just turned my “no girl name ideas” into “TOO many girl name ideas” haha, love it.