Your thoughts on Joah - and a middle name

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there everyone,

I have a 21 month old boy named [name_u]Luca[/name_u], and am five months pregnant with his little brother.

It took us the FULL nine months to agree on [name_u]Luca[/name_u]'s name, it being the ONLY boy name we could agree on in that entire time!

Having said that, we just love the name and it’s perfect for our little man.

His middle names are taken from his paternal grandfathers, all up : [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]

My husband does not like ‘weird’ names, and I am really opposed to anything too normal, so it is hard to strike a balance.

We are thinking of [name_m]Joah[/name_m] this time round.
And middle names again being from the family.

[name_m]Joah[/name_m] [name_m]Bernard[/name_m] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u]

Any feedback or suggestions of alternative names would be so appreciated as I am kind of stuck in these and although I ‘like’ [name_m]Joah[/name_m], I’m not 100% sure and neither is my husbot !

X jesseberry:confused:

Oh I love [name_m]Joah[/name_m] and it goes with [name_u]Luca[/name_u] perfectly!
I’ve never heard it before, is it Biblical?
[name_m]Joah[/name_m] makes me think of:
Joash
[name_m]Joab[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]
[name_m]Judah[/name_m]

But [name_m]Joah[/name_m] [name_m]Bernard[/name_m] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] has such a pleasant flow, if you love it-go for it!

Oh. Nice surprise. I’ve never heard of it before, and actually thought it was for a girl, where I prefer [name_f]Joan[/name_f].

[name_u]Luca[/name_u] and [name_m]Joah[/name_m]. Cute brothers. [name_m]Joah[/name_m] [name_m]Bernard[/name_m] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] has a such unique sound, I think, and matches well with his big brother’s name. Not to out-there, but yet unique. [name_f]Love[/name_f] it!

Can it be? A virtually unused Biblical J name being considered for a boy? Hooray!

[name_m]Joah[/name_m] [name_m]Bernard[/name_m] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] is very nice. If you want more J name ideas, you might consider [name_m]Jehu[/name_m], [name_m]Jotham[/name_m], [name_m]Jabez[/name_m], [name_m]Japheth[/name_m], [name_f]Jarah[/name_f], or [name_m]Jethro[/name_m].

I do think it’s a nice name.

I also think it’ll often be mistaken for other names…[name_m]Jonah[/name_m], [name_f]Joan[/name_f], Joash, [name_u]Joey[/name_u], etc.

It fits beautifully with [name_u]Luca[/name_u].

Fully agree with this as my ignorant 1st impression (as I’ve never seen this name before) was that this was a girls name then 2ndly maybe it was [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] without the n. It is also really close to [name_f]Joan[/name_f].
But it is a nice obscure name so if I seem to be in the minority then go for it. (yet again re-iterating my ignorance on the name origins due to the names obscurity)

Thank you all for your feedback and suggestions! I hadn’t thought of [name_m]Joah[/name_m] as a girls name, but that’s interesting (still I think, I’d still go with it despite this).

I also love the name [name_u]Remy[/name_u] but that gets the big N O from the husby!

We’ll keep [name_m]Joah[/name_m] on the list for sure, but please keep coming with any suggestions or feedback - it is so appreciated.

Jesseberry

I think [name_m]Joah[/name_m] is a wonderful name, but might be confused with more popular similar-sounding names like [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] or [name_u]Noah[/name_u].